In-State Recruiting or As the Gus Bus Rolls...

Dixie1860

Little Nicky Sabear is not going to leave Bama. He has it made at UA. Whatever he wants, he gets.

Did any of you see the signs during the AL game this weekend? The fans actually were holding signs up stating that they would comply with the SaBear's commands of not leaving the game before it was over.

The Bama nation worships at the feet of Saban. There is not another school anywhere that would worship him like the Bammer faithful do. He may know half of the fan base are idiots, but they would jump off a 100 foot bridge if he asked them to and he knows it.

I seriously doubt Nick leaves Bama unless Gus whips his little arse out of there. I know most of us can't stand Bear Bryant but whether you like his methods or not he is one of the 3 or 4 best colleges football coaches of all time. He is tied for the most individual natty's for a D1 coach with 6. Saban has 4 with 3 at Bama. I don't think there are many things more rewarding/challenging than trying to get the most Natty's at the same school as arguably one of the all time greats. That is one heck of a measuring stick and goal to shoot for.

I seriously doubt Nick leaves Bama unless Gus whips his little arse out of there. I know most of us can't stand Bear Bryant but whether you like his methods or not he is one of the 3 or 4 best colleges football coaches of all time. He is tied for the most individual natty's for a D1 coach with 6. Saban has 4 with 3 at Bama. I don't think there are many things more rewarding/challenging than trying to get the most Natty's at the same school as arguably one of the all time greats. That is one heck of a measuring stick and goal to shoot for.

I do not think Nick will leave Bama. I do not think he spends much time thinking about AU. He feels like he can out recruit and out coach any team on the planet and he has been pretty successful at it. Things may change in time. I do not think he likes the idea of playing offenses like ours and if we prove to be successful against him it will be very fun to see.

Emmert can't protect bama forever. The pressure to investigate bama is building and it won't be long before you see saban escape before the storm. Will it be this year-maybe, but it won't be long. Other schools that have been punished for less than what bama does on a daily basis having been receiving the intel on bama's tactics and will eventually mount a lawsuit if bama is not taken to task. And bama is not the sacred money making cow that some of you say. The AU-Oregon game was the highest rated champ. game, while the bama-lsu game was one of the lowest. There are way more AU fans outside AL than bama fans.

Like I said, I believe him until he gives me reason not to believe him. I expect him to sign with Auburn. My comment is really just a recognition of how much pressure Bama and Saban can put on a kid. It's impossible to deny their success, and they've clearly been solid at the RB spot recently (not historically but that doesn't matter as much).

I don't think they land Fournette, and when/if he spurns them, I expect their attention to turn to Roc. When/if that happens, he's going to be under a lot of pressure. I trust he'll sign with us. I'm just saying I recognize how difficult that decision is going to be when the weight of the mullet nation falls on him.

I live in GA, and would like to volunteer my home as a place for Roc to come stay for the months of January and February. Hey, it worked for bammer a couple years ago!!!

Emmert can't protect bama forever. The pressure to investigate bama is building and it won't be long before you see saban escape before the storm. Will it be this year-maybe, but it won't be long. Other schools that have been punished for less than what bama does on a daily basis having been receiving the intel on bama's tactics and will eventually mount a lawsuit if bama is not taken to task. And bama is not the sacred money making cow that some of you say. The AU-Oregon game was the highest rated champ. game, while the bama-lsu game was one of the lowest. There are way more AU fans outside AL than bama fans.

I'm telling you that the NCAA is looking into uat. Just going to take time.

You guys bring up an interesting point. I rephrase my opinion. Barring NCAA sanctions Saban ain't leaving.

And the corollary... if Saban leaves, you know the sanctions are coming.

You guys bring up an interesting point. I rephrase my opinion. Barring NCAA sanctions Saban ain't leaving.

And the corollary... if Saban leaves, you know the sanctions are coming.

Which is why I think he's going to be gone before we can clean up Toomer's Corner after the Iron Bowl.

Casher now committed to UAT. Saban is recruiting offensive linemen very heavily this year.

IMO, Roc will not flip to Bama. Just look at the Bama RB situation right now.

Fowler (jun)

Yeldon (soph)

Drake (soph)

Hart (soph)

Henry (fresh)

Tenpenny (fresh)

Kamara (fresh)

Jones (fresh)

Scarborough (recruit, 6'2" 225)

Fournette (recruit, 6'1" 226)

Flowers ('15 commit)

Johnson ('15 offered)

Scarlet ('15 offered)

Even if a couple of these guys don't stick, Bama has a lot of young RBs already. No matter how great a player thinks he is, realistically, Roc's chances of getting on the field anytime soon would be pretty slim. On the other hand, Auburn has 3 juniors and one freshman, and Auburn doesn't have a bunch of recruits (or even offers out there) for RBs. Only Pettway, to my knowledge. So his chances of getting his hands on the football in Malzahn's offense would be pretty good.

To be fair, some of the cats you listed for Bama may not play RB (Scarborough could play multiple positions from what I understand of him).

For Auburn, next season would look something like this:

Mason (Sr)

Artis-Payne (Sr)

Grant (Sr)

Ford (So)

Barber (RFr)

Thomas (Fr)

Pettway (Fr)

There is no question he'll have a clearer path to the field at Auburn. Heck, it's hard to see how he's anything other than our feature back by his Sophomore season. Barber and Pettway both have to be prepared to take on some mixture of the CAP/H-Back role.

I have to agree with E. He stays. Who wants to live in Texas for God's sake!

Dixie, overall I agree Texas lacks for Tree's. I have lived in Houston as a kid for a couple of years and have traveled to all of Texas' larger cities for business. I do have to say that Austin is a very cool place. Great food, great music, and a very cool college town.....IMO way better than Bammers. I have said I think Saban's stays, but UT Austin has money and may be an even more fertile recruiting ground than Saban has at Bammer. I think he would at least have to check out any offer from UT A and if it is true about the NCAA looking at BAMA, he might leave.

I hope everyone is right about the NCAA looking into BAMA; I have not heard of such rumblings.

Casher now committed to UAT. Saban is recruiting offensive linemen very heavily this year.

IMO, Roc will not flip to Bama. Just look at the Bama RB situation right now.

Fowler (jun)

Yeldon (soph)

Drake (soph)

Hart (soph)

Henry (fresh)

Tenpenny (fresh)

Kamara (fresh)

Jones (fresh)

Scarborough (recruit, 6'2" 225)

Fournette (recruit, 6'1" 226)

Flowers ('15 commit)

Johnson ('15 offered)

Scarlet ('15 offered)

Even if a couple of these guys don't stick, Bama has a lot of young RBs already. No matter how great a player thinks he is, realistically, Roc's chances of getting on the field anytime soon would be pretty slim. On the other hand, Auburn has 3 juniors and one freshman, and Auburn doesn't have a bunch of recruits (or even offers out there) for RBs. Only Pettway, to my knowledge. So his chances of getting his hands on the football in Malzahn's offense would be pretty good.

Judging by that list, 12% of UATs scholarships for next year are for RBs. Surely some of those guys will play other positions or be Processed.

Granted the path to the field is easier at AU, but I don't think the incoming recruit at UAT are as concerned about the guys ahead of him who get processed as the guys who are in the potential 'Processed' pool are.

I don't think they ARE looking into bammer yet. What is being said is that there has been nothing said about any of the Shenanigans there. Is it because they are waiting until after the season to announce? Were they waiting until they resolved the Miami fiasco? I mean a Staff member loaned a player money and they have bank records showing another received money while there. If they don't look into it how do they stop anyone else from doing it?

I don't think they ARE looking into bammer yet. What is being said is that there has been nothing said about any of the Shenanigans there. Is it because they are waiting until after the season to announce? Were they waiting until they resolved the Miami fiasco? I mean a Staff member loaned a player money and they have bank records showing another received money while there. If they don't look into it how do they stop anyone else from doing it?

I'm told they are looking into uat right now. They may not be on campus yet but they are talking to people.

It takes months for the NCAA to get far enough into an investigation to make it public. Patience grasshopper...

I'm told they are looking into uat right now. They may not be on campus yet but they are talking to people.

It takes months for the NCAA to get far enough into an investigation to make it public. Patience grasshopper...

No, I was agreeing that it IS coming and that no news now likely means, there will be. That is what I posted about before and hearing that this hasn't been ignored. You are spot on though that patience is not easy for me though... :cool:

Archived