BG's annual post-Iron Bowl thread (Long)

BamaGrad03

Well I mixed in a little commentary in the other threads, but I feel it neccessary to start a thread to give some props.

Congrats on the win. It was a fun game to watch. I am very proud of my team and coaches. I wish you guys could have seen a healthy Ken Darby. Im not saying thats why we lost (of course its not)...but he is a very fun running back to watch. Props to AU's defense. I wasnt as impressed with the secondary as I thought I would be...and I was MORE impressed with the LBs than I thought I would be. They aren't amazing on pass defense...thats not really their job...but they sure can blow up the run. Even with just 7 in the box. Thats the most impressive thing. The safety walkups and blitzes usually went to the outside to close off the edges...but most of our runs were up the middle, where there were only 7 Auburn players.

I was happy to see how well we tackled Carnell and Ronnie. I was dissapointed that those guys weren't the reason we lost. Honestly, if AU beats us, i want it to be by those two young men. I dont pull for AU...but i have and always will pull for those two. You cant say enough about the class, character and ability of those two guys.

Very happy to see AU players taking a knee and having a moment for LeRon when he went down. Again, this rivalry is about respect...not about hate.

I was happy to see that Alabama gave AU their toughest test of the season. Especially after many of you (especially my boy Numa) didnt feel we belonged on the same field as AU. I hope some of you will concede to the fact that we have a very solid defense...and now you know why everyone was talking about it. But Auburn has a mean defense themselves. I get sick watching Big 12, Pac 10, and Conf USA football..because those guys couldnt stop hoover high. In the SEC this year, we have (IMO) the three best defenses in the nation: Auburn, Alabama, LSU. In that order. I think AU and UA's defenses are very very close. But I think AU has a better run defense than us. Our Run D played out of their mind tonight...but season as a whole, AU has proven to stop the run better than us.

Another big props to AU AND Alabama fans. I have NEVER seen so many mixed groups of partying tailgaters in my life. It was like a big football family out there. Friday night on the strip was AWESOME. Bama fans starting roll tides and AU fans starting their cheers...it was a lot of fun! But singling out AU fans...as a whole, couldnt ask any more from you guys. I ran into a couple of losers, but that is to be expected. I actually sat IN the AU section. And after the game? No one was taunting UA...they were cheering for THEIR team. And that is what I can respect. Very fun band...really gets the crowd into it...didn't appreciate playing Rammer Jammer 5-6 times. (Twice is enough IMO) but thats really nitpicking.

Jason Campbell was the difference tonight. We made it clear early that we wouldnt let the two best backs in the country beat us. And JC had to step up. He did. I am also disappointed we didnt get to se JC and Brodie on the same field one more time. But those are the breaks (or the tears hehe)

I still don't like Tommy Tuberville. Mostly because of his comments earlier this week saying he could have "named the score against any team this year except for LSU"...and "you aint seen nuthin yet" like he was gonna run the score up. Dude, win the games and let your team do the talking. But I absolutely think the world of Borges. Class act and VERY engaging personality. I think he truly cares about his players too...he will probably get a HC job soon.

Guys, really savor this season. With all the parity in college football...these are harder to come by every year. I hope AU beats the absolute piss out of Fulmer's gang. (im talking snot bubbles!) Congrats on winning the west. Congrats on winning with class. Congrats on having a team full of respectable student athletes...and not just football players.

Roll Freaking Tide!

Nice post BG. But that's not surprising. You are a good dude and I'm glad to see the last two weeks of abuse we've been trying to heap on you hasn't got you down. Good luck in your bowl.

I still don't like Tommy Tuberville. Mostly because of his comments earlier this week saying he could have "named the score against any team this year except for LSU"...and "you aint seen nuthin yet" like he was gonna run the score up. Dude, win the games and let your team do the talking.

124809[/snapback]

Sounds very similar to the reason why Auburn fans didn't like bear bryant. :D

Class? At least TT is using the F-word for national TV lip reading folks. :poke:

Thanks for the post BG.  It's nice to see a bama fan that has class.  I wish you would switch over to the other side.

124817[/snapback]

I will be on the other side during the SECCG. :big:

I still don't like Tommy Tuberville. Mostly because of his comments earlier this week saying he could have "named the score against any team this year except for LSU"...and "you aint seen nuthin yet" like he was gonna run the score up. Dude, win the games and let your team do the talking.

124809[/snapback]

Thanks for the post BG.

Regarding Tuberville's comments: he definitely has a history of saying some stupid things and giving the other team bulletin board material, but I honestly believe that "Jetgate" may have taught him some humility. I don't think he has been arrogant at all this year. I truly believe that the quotes above he made as a campaigning tool to get his team to the Orange Bowl. I want him to do everything he can to get a shot at the title game, and those quotes might get some uninformed voters to do some homework about Auburn, not just look the final score.

Nice BG...and I will actually root for Bamar in the Bowl game...just because of you! :big:

Good post BG, even though we argue sometimes I still consider you a good guy and an awesome person to talk football with.

"I still don't like Tommy Tuberville. Mostly because of his comments earlier this week saying he could have "named the score against any team this year except for LSU"...and "you aint seen nuthin yet" like he was gonna run the score up. Dude, win the games and let your team do the talking. "

BG,

In all fairness to CTT, the comments you speak of are taken out of context. The comment he made about "naming the score" was in response to Auburn NOT running up the score in many games that they could have except for the LSU game. Many Auburn fans have actually criticized him for not scoring more.

The "you ain't seen nothing yet" was in reference to the great game plans and play calling of Al Borges. A reporter complimented Tuberville about our playing calling against UGA and Tuberville was praising Al Borges and his future plans for the Alabama game. Tuberville also stated that Alabama was the best defense that Auburn faced this season.

I will admit that he has said some "stupid" things in the past but what coach hasn't?

What a great post and game to watch. I can not wait to see Bamas bowl game that D is gonna crush some hapless foe in the dirt. By the end of the bowl season the rest of the nation will see the power of the SEC. This has been so much fun I can not wait to see what these amazing men can do next. All AU fans will agree with me on this ITS GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: Great post BG

Thanks for the post BG.  It's nice to see a bama fan that has class.  I wish you would switch over to the other side.

124817[/snapback]

I will be on the other side during the SECCG. :big:

124820[/snapback]

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........We are Doomed ! ! ! :D

WAR EAGLE ! ! !....O N E at a time. :au:

He's just a coach. I wouldn't expect too much from him or any other football coach. Would be nice if they all had degrees in human relation skills but most simply are just responding to a question and then it becomes bulletin board material. Funny how we all dislike the opposing coach for the same reasons.

I do think that AU could have named the score on all but LSU and UA. If you look at this game, unlike the LSU game, I thought that we called the dogs off in the fourth quarter. The LSU game required max effort until the last play.

UA's and LSU's defense are extremely good. LSU's offense is better though and that and home field was basically the difference. What CTT said before the game was not far off.

BG I agree with most of what you say.

One thing I would point out about the DBs is that it was wet and DBs are at a disadvantage like the long pass play in the first. CR doesn't get beat like that without slipping.

I wish Williams would have been able to play at LB. Graves played a very good game, but is not as good as Williams.

Props to UAs defense. UAs first team is as good as anyone in the country, they just need more depth. I think one can see from yesterday that heart and being fired up can only last so long(1 1/2 quarters).

As always it was good game with a few big plays to keep it close. But, like most years the best team won.

I think you can take any coaches comments and turn the around. TT was trying to politic for voints palin and simple.

Good luck at the MCB, Peach or wherever you go bowling.

BG, you are and always will be a very good contributer to this board. I don't want you to switch sides, bama needs more fans like you. You should be proud of your team and in light of their resilance and character this year, I will be pulling for Alabama in their bowl game. It's rare I pull for Bama, 1992 was the last time. But you can count on my heart being with the Tide this bowl season.

i can't say that i'll be pulling for alabama in bowl season, but i can admit that it'll be one of those half-hearted, no-clap "good jobs" when the other team does something good (hey, we all have to start somewhere right?). i was impressed with bama's defense. i would certainly add georgia to the list of great defenses in the sec. any of those four teams would stand head and shoulders above the defenses in the big 12.

i love tubby mostly because i know his players, and they love him. when guys that are truly quality, character guys tell you what a good man he is, you can't help but love him.

i too was a little disappointed in auburn's secondary. no offense, but i didn't think you guys could run on us even before the game. i don't think anyone in the nation can line it up and consistently move the ball on the ground against us. the secondary is hot/cold though. montae played like a beast against uga, but he really didn't impress me at all against bama (i wanted to finish the regular season under 100 points allowed, and the final td put us at 106... so i am a little bitter too). carlos was carlos though. he slipped on one play, and that might've been the only pass completed on him in man coverage. we dedicated too much of will's time to run stuffing i thought which put us at a bit of a disadvantage against the pass. they certainly could've been better seeing as how that'll go down as the best game of spencer pennington's career.

Alabama's #1 defense was really good yesterday...for about 20 minutes. Once Borges and Campbell figured out, there was no stopping them. A good defense? Definitely. The best we've seen? I would have to say LSU is better.

The BEST defense The Auburn offense has seen all year is the one they practice against every single day. :)

Guest Tigrinum Major

If only there were more Bama fans like you...

Nice post. This is what the rivalry should be, instead of the meanest in the nation.

Except for our DB slipping on the long pass play, not to mention the great diving catch we looked good in the first half back there. In the second half, the unexplainable decsion to not rush the QB and play a prevent, allowed UAT to move down the fied; as it will with any other marginal offense in the country.

124809[/snapback]

Sounds very similar to the reason why Auburn fans didn't like bear bryant. :D

Class? At least TT is using the F-word for national TV lip reading folks. :poke:

124819[/snapback]

Proud Tiger, first of all I want to congratulate you on Auburn's win. We all have different feelings about the game, but I feel that it was a hard, fair fought game.

After seeing how other school's players and fans make fools of themselves, I am so glad that Alabama and Auburn do not act like this. We have fans that say things that shouldn't be said, but no one shows better class than both team's players. I think that Auburn players show a lot of class when they kneel and pray each time a player is injured, no matter what for which team he plays. I have noticed this all year, and it speaks highly for these men's class. Also, I was proud of all of our players that were seen shaking hands and hugging after the game. After seeing that mess at Clemson, it makes me proud to be from Alabama(the state not the team).

With that said, I just happen to have a tape that you might like to see. The 2001 Iron bowl game in Auburn. After the first touchdown that Bama made, your coach also used the F-word for national TV lip reaking folks. Please don't give our coach a hard time, when there are so many things that could be said about any coach in our conference. I don't notice any of them saying nice words that we can all lip read when they are frustrated.

Archived