2015 4* QB Kai Locksley (Texas signee)

ellitor

I feel like we're in good shape

I think FSU leads FWIW.

While that is all fine and dandy, the fact that he mentioned us being in his top 3 is a plus and we could still potentially be in the picture.

Potentially being in the picture is not quite the same as being in good shape.

Would you rather us not be in his top 3?

Personally I think the kid ends up with his Pops at Maryland, just thought it was funny you said you felt like we were in good shape in one post then had regressed it down to just potentially being in the picture on the next. No biggie. But yes, I would rather be in the top 3 than not. WDE.

War Eagle.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has coach Malzahn said if he wants to sign 1 or 2 QB's for the 2015 class?

He'll sign two if he can get the right two.

I feel like we're in good shape

I think FSU leads FWIW.

I am hoping that Winston's mess-ups at FSU (and he has a lot of them) are making Kai's family think twice about him going to school there.

theres a joke in there somewhere about being from Maryland and crab legs

Ha! No doubt. I'm pretty sure that in the land of Natty Boh, they view crab thieves as lower than horse thieves. Can't imagine how Kai could attend the same school as Infamous Jameis,

Wonder whether Spurrier will take the opportunity to suggest a name change, from FSU to FCU ....

I wouldn't mind seeing Kai become an Auburn Tiger.

Me too. Kid has very good film, moves well and can throw the ball pretty well. His daddy is a coach too. I like that. He is my personal fav. DT QB in this class.

Kai would do so much better as an Auburn Tiger than Florida State.

I don't know about that. The path to PT there is easier than at AU and FSU is and will be a very good team.

I don't know about that. The path to PT there is easier than at AU and FSU is and will be a very good team.

E don't you know that EVERYBODY would do much better coming to AU than any other school? (Insert SARCASM font here) :)

E don't you know that EVERYBODY would do much better coming to AU than any other school? (Insert SARCASM font here) :)/>

It might be a tougher road to start at AU, but I would love to have him. With his athleticism, I think he will find his time on the field in some capacity.

E don't you know that EVERYBODY would do much better coming to AU than any other school? (Insert SARCASM font here) :)/>

It might be a tougher road to start at AU, but I would love to have him. With his athleticism, I think he will find his time on the field in some capacity.

I agree. I want this kid. IMHO I think he will be a great (player) maybe not QB but somewhere on the field. His father being a coach is icing on the cake.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Mikey II (QB guru). I'd take 4 QB: Queen, Gibson, Locksley and Francois. I know I'm just sarcasm at moment.

Between Gibson and Locksley I would take Locksley hands down. Seems like a great fit for Auburn based on what I've read and seen. But who really knows. Very few of us have met them personally.

I love this kid. My personal fav. of the DT QB's. (I have to say I think Tyler Queen will be a heck of a QB though, as will JJ and Sean White).

• 2 weeks later...

For the life of me, I can't understand how you guys can prefer one QB over another at this point. All you have to go on is a few video highlights and snippets from published interviews. Recruiting is such an inexact science for those who do it for a living that I can't understand how any of you think you know better than the coaches who have watched tons more film, often seen games in person, and had extensive personal communication with the kids. On top of that is knowing the rest of the team and how one kid's personal chemistry might be more likely to mesh with his teammates. All 3 of our remaining QB targets are impressive, and I'll trust the coaches to make the call which one they think will best help Auburn win.

For the life of me, I can't understand how you guys can prefer one QB over another at this point. All you have to go on is a few video highlights and snippets from published interviews. Recruiting is such an inexact science for those who do it for a living that I can't understand how any of you think you know better than the coaches who have watched tons more film, often seen games in person, and had extensive personal communication with the kids. On top of that is knowing the rest of the team and how one kid's personal chemistry might be more likely to mesh with his teammates. All 3 of our remaining QB targets are impressive, and I'll trust the coaches to make the call which one they think will best help Auburn win.

Nobody is saying nor implying they know more than the coaches so with all due respect you can get off your critical high horse right there. We are all human beings here, which means we all are free thinking creatures who have opinions. Most, if not all of us, are completely on board with whatever the staff does in terms of recruiting certain players. Given we rarely know the staff's exact plans we are fully entitled to our opinions til ink hits paper on NSD Also people can watch the highlights and determine based on their individual preferences what they like. What also goes into those opinions are evals from recruiting services some times. For example, I like Deondre Francois because he can make every throw in the book and in any weather condition. Another person may like Torrence Gibson more because he runs like a 6'4 version of Michael Vick. Neither opinion is better than the other nor should either be devalued

Nobody is saying nor implying they know more than the coaches so with all due respect you can get off your critical high horse right there. We are all human beings here, which means we all are free thinking creatures who have opinions. Most, if not all of us, are completely on board with whatever the staff does in terms of recruiting certain players. Given we rarely know the staff's exact plans we are fully entitled to our opinions til ink hits paper on NSD Also people can watch the highlights and determine based on their individual preferences what they like. What also goes into those opinions are evals from recruiting services some times. For example, I like Deondre Francois because he can make every throw in the book and in any weather condition. Another person may like Torrence Gibson more because he runs like a 6'4 version of Michael Vick. Neither opinion is better than the other nor should either be devalued

Thanks E, for the life of me I knew this kid reminded me of someone, but Vick never crossed my mind, until now.Spot on!

Archived