2015 4* QB Kai Locksley (Texas signee)

ellitor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His father coaches at Maryland. Almost see no chance of him going to anywhere but there.

Yea but his dad coaches at Maryland!! If you had a choice to go play for your dad at MD or go to a top notch school and compete for conference and national championships which would you do? I love my dad and all but I would go to the school that gives me the best chance of winning championships and getting to the next level.

Our last player from Maryland worked out well. (Tate) wish we could have pulled Diggs from Maryland a few years ago. He turned out to be very good.

"Four-star QB Kai Locksley has liked Auburn since 2010, when Cam Newton was the team's signal caller."

http://auburn.247spo...campaign=buffer

Brent Waldorff ‏@Waldeez24747m

QB Kai Locksley's interest in #Auburn 'very high' http://buff.ly/LfLJMX article by @Niebuhr247@Auburn247 @LOCKSnLOADED_3

Interesting.....not sure why the coaches think we need 2 Qbs in this or the next class though.

Injury? Competition? Player development? Potential discipline? 2 QB system?

Boy I hope thats not the case. I guess I can see it from a numbers standpoint, if the coaches feel that Wallace can't really contribute as a QB at this level.

JW was the 3rd string backup by default this year. He's gonna fall back more from here. Pretty clear how the coaches feel imo.

Interesting.....not sure why the coaches think we need 2 Qbs in this or the next class though.

Injury? Competition? Player development? Potential discipline? 2 QB system?

I think all of the above. QB's get injured. Also, I have to think Gus is thinking about something he hasn't wanted to do in the past-- have 2 very different QBs that defenses have to prepare for. One may be the primary one-- I think he really planned to work JJ in more this year, but the running O with NM and Tre was just too good.

It's easy to see how a kid built like that with that offense could imagine himself as "2" in a Gus offense. Don't know the level of competition he has faced but he seems to have the skills and physical tools.

I'm all for stacking the QB position. If I had a dollar for every superduperstar QB recruit who hasn't panned out at Auburn in the last 15 years, I'd just about be able to afford a ticket to a game.

It's easy to see how a kid built like that with that offense could imagine himself as "2" in a Gus offense. Don't know the level of competition he has faced but he seems to have the skills and physical tools.

Players froim Gilman High have held their own in college.

Isn't Gilman where S. Diggs went to high school?

Nope. He went to Good Counsel.

Nope. He went to Good Counsel.

That's right. There are so few really high quality programs in MD I should be able to keep them straight but heck everybody has to sleep sometime, right? :dunno:

He has a year to develop and obviously for us to even consider him at QB the staff sees something. That said, he does not appear to be a natural IMO, at QB. But I do like his ability to go up and get the ball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Offering to show interest, they are not all committable. Do you think this is different than what all other schools do? It's not. You offer a bunch, see who shows interest, and gauge who you go after more seriously.

Offering to show interest, they are not all committable. Do you think this is different than what all other schools do? It's not. You offer a bunch, see who shows interest, and gauge who you go after more seriously.

Exactly.

Archived