Best Defense Debate....

BamaBrad

I've seen some people on this board who think saturday's game proved who has the best D. That is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. I'll be honest, it's tough to pick one over the other. All I know is that Saturday didn't prove crap. I know you are sick of hearing bama people complain about injuries. I'm sick of having to complain. A fact is a fact though, whether you want to hear it or not. There were times we were third string or worse at every backfield position and TE. Also, our best O lineman was exremely hobbled. You really think stopping that proves your D is better than ours? Let's see, you guys pretty much have two NFL starting tailbacks playing together at the same time, a fifth year senior QB that has started for three years and we shut you out for a whole half. I'm not so sure your D could have done that. I could be wrong, but to me that was more impressive than you guys stopping a bunch of guys who we hoped would never be taking such important snaps this year.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen some people on this board who think saturday's game proved who has the best D.  That is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.  I'll be honest, it's tough to pick one over the other.  All I know is that Saturday didn't prove crap.  I know you are sick of hearing bama people complain about injuries.  I'm sick of having to complain.  A fact is a fact though, whether you want to hear it or not.  There were times we were third string or worse at every backfield position and TE.  Also, our best O lineman was exremely hobbled.  You really think stopping that proves your D is better than ours?  Let's see, you guys pretty much have two NFL starting tailbacks playing together at the same time, a fifth year senior QB that has started for three years and we shut you out for a whole half.  I'm not so sure your D could have done that.  I could be wrong, but to me that was more impressive than you guys stopping a bunch of guys who we hoped would never be taking such important snaps this year.

125256[/snapback]

OK, I'll take a short break from not giving a damn and reply to you:

Check the score. Your defense is very good. They did not, however, stop AU from winning. Bama is in the rear-view now. We've got more important things to discuss.

...AND....I'm back to not giving a damn about Bama.

I think you have a good point, not sure if auburn could do as well against a good offense as bama did on saturday....i also think that throughout the season auburn's d has benefited statistically from having our offense control the games so well...then again bama only had success on the first drive because of that one slip by carlos rogers and then the prevent d in the 4th quarter was a gift from auburn...without those two things bama would have had negative yards on the day...and that is pretty typical of many auburn games this year....the bama d is definitely for real

In the VAST MAJORITY of AU's games, we had blown out the opponent and had our SECOND and THIRD string defense on the field in the third quarter 'till the end of the game. :au:

It would take a bovine- clodpated moron to deny the fact that AUBURN has the #1 defense....In the STATE and in the COUNTRY. :au:

Enjoy another 363 days of hearing your AU friends remind you of that FACT! :moon:

I think you have a good point, not sure if auburn could do as well against a good offense as bama did on saturday....i also think that throughout the season auburn's d has benefited statistically from having our offense control the games so well...then again bama only had success on the first drive because of that one slip by carlos rogers and then the prevent d in the 4th quarter was a gift from auburn...without those two things bama would have had negative yards on the day...and that is pretty typical of many auburn games this year....the bama d is definitely for real

125262[/snapback]

You aren't going to get an argument out of me about our offense. I was suprised we did anything at all.

Auburn defense gives up 13 points

Alabama defense give up 21 points

Hmmmmmmmmm.......sounds like a job for Einstien

i guess i'm w/ wes on this.

if it makes the bammie feel better, let him think their defense is better. moral victories are for those who don't win the actual game. he obviously needs something to hold on to...let it be the defense. brad: you win: bama's defense rivals the '92 UAT squad. it's amazing auburn managed to score one, much less 3 touchdowns on such a squad.

just think, if UAT hadn't cheated, then maybe their 'world class' defense wouldn't have been wasted on a team so thin on offense. i know...injuries. isn't it amazing that UAT is the first school in the history of mankind to experience injuries during a football season. :roll:

you brought it, brad...i wither under such indisputable arguments as,

I'll be honest, it's tough to pick one over the other.

and

A fact is a fact though, whether you want to hear it or not.
stop...i can't bear it...wait, there's more...
I could be wrong

uncle.

The best TEAM won.  That is all that really matters. :big:

125265[/snapback]

I dont' deny this one bit. You all aren't just the better team, you are 10 times better. I was just talking about the defense's, they are very even. That game didn't prove a thing about which one was better. Not with the offense we were stuck with.

i guess i'm w/ wes on this.

if it makes the bammie feel better, let him think their defense is better. moral victories are for those who don't win the actual game.  he obviously needs something to hold on to...let it be the defense. brad:  you win:  bama's defense rivals the '92 UAT squad.  it's amazing auburn managed to score one, much less 3 touchdowns on such a squad. 

just think, if UAT hadn't cheated, then maybe their 'world class' defense wouldn't have been wasted on a team so thin on offense.  i know...injuries.  isn't it amazing that UAT is the first school in the history of mankind to experience injuries during a football season. :roll:

you brought it, brad...i wither under such indisputable arguments as,

I'll be honest, it's tough to pick one over the other.

and

A fact is a fact though, whether you want to hear it or not.
stop...i can't bear it...wait, there's more...
I could be wrong

uncle.

125268[/snapback]

Did I once say ours was better? I don't think so. My point was it's ridiculous that some of your brethren that that game proved yours was. It didn't.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I have heard it said many times in the past week, but it bears repeating....

Stats are for losers.

362 more days of braggin' rights.

There is no doubt Auburn has the best defense, just look at the numbers. That is what you guys have been saying all year, look at the stats. Auburn held the #1 rushing offense to 50 yards. It doesn't matter who was running the ball, you guys have said how good your offensive is all year. So it shouldn't matter who the RB is. BOTTOM LINE:

You got your butts handed to you again, Just like you will next year and the next! :moon:

"This is UAT Football:" 21-13 :roflol:

My point was it's ridiculous that some of your brethren that that game proved yours was. 

125273[/snapback]

Word salad.

125275[/snapback]

My point was it's ridiculous that some of your brethren thought that game proved yours was better. It didn't.

No, I'm really not for real.

The only real MrMoJo is in the song LA Woman sung by Jim Morrison. He be rising....

Are you for real? What phone book are you in, BamaBubba?

There is no doubt Auburn has the best defense, just look at the numbers. That is what you guys have been saying all year, look at the stats. Auburn held the #1 rushing offense to 50 yards. It doesn't matter who was running the ball, you guys have said how good your offensive is all year. So it shouldn't matter who the RB is. BOTTOM LINE:

You got your butts handed to you again, Just like you will next year and the next!  :moon:

"This is UAT Football:" 21-13  :roflol:

125276[/snapback]

Nice debating with you all. Unbelievable.

Brad, yes Bama does have a great defense. I was there and they played their guts out. But understand something. Most of the points and yards that we gave up this year was in the 2nd Half when we were blowing people out. We had 2 close games in which our defense actually played the whole game. No defense in America gave up fewer points this year than Auburn period. That is the MOST important stat of all. SCORING DEFENSE. Something like 85 of Bama's total yards came on that last drive when Auburn was playing a soft zone. Now why Auburn did that when we needed to win by 2 TD"s is another post. With our first teamers on the sidelines for the majority of our games we were still #5 in total defense going into the Bama game. Because of depth, your mediocre record, and the closeness of your games, your 1st team defense played the entire game for most of the season. Overall AU's was and is better. By making this post on our board, what kind of responses would you expect?

No, I'm really not for real.

The only real MrMoJo is in the song LA Woman sung by Jim Morrison.  He be rising....

Are you for real?  What phone book are you in, BamaBubba?

125278[/snapback]

I wasn't talking about your user name genius...I was talking about what you said...

Did I once say ours was better?  I don't think so.  My point was it's ridiculous that some of your brethren that that game proved yours was.  It didn't.

125273[/snapback]

so let me get this straight, brad. you start a "bring it on" thread in order to avow agnosticism re/ who has the better defense? that's even more sad than i first thought.

2ndly, when you start talking about stopping auburn's offense for a half, and then state,

I'm not so sure your D could have done that.
, you need to be careful. that could be construed by a reasonable person as a comparison of the 2 defenses that implies that bama's defense is better. yet, of course, you didn't once say that, did you :no:

My point was it's ridiculous that some of your brethren that that game proved yours was. 

125273[/snapback]

Word salad.

125275[/snapback]

My point was it's ridiculous that some of your brethren thought that game proved yours was better. It didn't.

125277[/snapback]

How does it not prove that? Statistically (the Bama fans' favorite argument this year) AU held Bama to fewer total yards, fewer passing yards, fewer rushing yards, and fewer points.

If you want to discount those stats by claiming that your offense is crippled, then you have to accept the "but who have you played" argument put forth by Auburn fans who have disputed the Bama claim to the #1 defense.

Face it, this is a losing argument for you either way.

Brad, yes Bama does have a great defense. I was there and they played their guts out. But understand something. Most of the points and yards that we gave up this year was in the 2nd Half when we were blowing people out. We had 2 close games in which our defense actually played the whole game. No defense in America gave up fewer points this year than Auburn period. That is the MOST important stat of all. SCORING DEFENSE. Something like 85 of Bama's total yards came on that last drive when Auburn was playing a soft zone. Now why Auburn did that when we needed to win by 2 TD"s is another post. With our first teamers on the sidelines for the majority of our games we were still #5 in total defense going into the Bama game. Because of depth, your mediocre record, and the closeness of your games, your 1st team defense played the entire game for most of the season. Overall AU's was and is better. By making this post on our board, what kind of responses would you expect?

125281[/snapback]

Understood....all I've said is that saturday's game didn't prove crap. To be honest, I dont' think you can tell which one is better from how this season has gone. Statistically speaking, yall's is better. I'm not talking about that though. Our D got no help from any other part of our team for the most part. Yall's D was sitting down resting for the next game during most 4th quarters while ours was still out there getting run down from having to play so much of the game.

Archived