Best Defense Debate....

BamaBrad

My point was it's ridiculous that some of your brethren that that game proved yours was. 

125273[/snapback]

Word salad.

125275[/snapback]

My point was it's ridiculous that some of your brethren thought that game proved yours was better. It didn't.

125277[/snapback]

How does it not prove that? Statistically (the Bama fans' favorite argument this year) AU held Bama to fewer total yards, fewer passing yards, fewer rushing yards, and fewer points.

If you want to discount those stats by claiming that your offense is crippled, then you have to accept the "but who have you played" argument put forth by Auburn fans who have disputed the Bama claim to the #1 defense.

Face it, this is a losing argument for you either way.

125287[/snapback]

I'm just talking about our game saturday dude....if you think that our respective Defenses played against evenly matched offenses then this debate is definitely pointless. I'll say it again, my only point was that saturday's game didn't prove crap.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I am so patient with the mentally challanged.....

Let see...11-0 Hmmm now ....6-5

Who has the best defense? Even Lee Corso can tell you that, BamaBubba

I'm glad I am so patient with the mentally challanged.....

Let see...11-0    Hmmm now ....6-5

Who has the best defense?  Even Lee Corso can tell you that, BamaBubba

125296[/snapback]

hehe, simple minds have to come up with overly simple arguments

I'm just talking about our game saturday dude

Me, too.

....if you think that our respective Defenses played against evenly matched offenses then this debate is definitely pointless. 

Now, where did I say that? My point was that your post was a continuation of the "Bama has the #1 defense" debate that has been going on here for a few weeks. I pointed out to you that you either accept that, statistically, your assertion is incorrect or you must accept the argument that indicts statistical rankings for not taking into account quality of the opponent.

I'll say it again, my only point was that saturday's game didn't prove crap.

125294[/snapback]

Oh, but it did, bammer. It proved that Bama is 2nd rate in the state....one more time.

OK Brad, if you are only talking about the game on Saturday and not the entire season then statistically the defenses were pretty equal. Like I said, Bama's defense played their guts out just like Auburn's did.

for someone inviting others to 'bring it on', brad, you seem woefully inadequately equipped with ammunition...

let's see if i have your stance correct:

'you can't tell anything about who's defense is better by looking at saturday's game between the 2 teams. you can't tell by looking at their performance over the season, because bama's D had to play full games, while auburn's D was resting in the 4th quarter...in short, you can't tell anything because bama's offense was so poor, comparing the 2 defenses is really impossible'.

you need to check w/ some of the other bammies...this is NOT the tune they were singing earlier in the year.

you know, using your logic, all stats should be thrown out when doling out awards such as the heisman, etc.

I'm just talking about our game saturday dude

Me, too.

....if you think that our respective Defenses played against evenly matched offenses then this debate is definitely pointless. 

Now, where did I say that? My point was that your post was a continuation of the "Bama has the #1 defense" debate that has been going on here for a few weeks. I pointed out to you that you either accept that, statistically, your assertion is incorrect or you must accept the argument that indicts statistical rankings for not taking into account quality of the opponent.

I'll say it again, my only point was that saturday's game didn't prove crap.

125294[/snapback]

Oh, but it did, bammer. It proved that Bama is 2nd rate in the state....one more time.

125299[/snapback]

are you capable of comprehending words? did you ever see me write that we had the #1 defense? No. There are a whole lot of defenses around the country that could have held us to 13 points on saturday, and probably some even lower. I guess they all would have been the best too. Apparently beating bama's third string offense means you have the best D. I understand now. I guess that's true.

How does it not prove that?  Statistically (the Bama fans' favorite argument this year) AU held Bama to fewer total yards, fewer passing yards, fewer rushing yards, and fewer points.

125287[/snapback]

Actually, I think Bama had 2 more passing yards than Auburn did. :P:rolleyes::big::poke:

OK Brad, if you are only talking about the game on Saturday and not the entire season then statistically the defenses were pretty equal. Like I said, Bama's defense played their guts out just like Auburn's did.

125300[/snapback]

finally, someone got it. took long enough. see ya barners.....

Auburn's defense was the better defense Saturday. They were the better defense the Saturday before that. They were the better defense the Saturday before that. Need I go on?

Our D absolutely shut Bama down on Saturday. Aside from special teams and our typical slow start on defense, I was surprise Bama could even muster up a first down, much less a touchdown.

Bama dominated the 1st QTR. Here, let me give you a trophy. Auburn dominated the next 3.

BamaBubba,

It's pretty bad when the highlight of your game was when Joe Namath ran out on the field

are you capable of comprehending words?

When they are strung together into coherent thoughts, yes.

did you ever see me write that we had the #1 defense?  No.

Sorry, the "Best Defense Debate" thread title threw me.

There are a whole lot of defenses around the country that could have held us to 13 points on saturday, and probably some even lower.  I guess they all would have been the best too.  Apparently beating bama's third string offense means you have the best D.  I understand now.  I guess that's true.

125306[/snapback]

Glad you get it. :rolleyes:

TooBAD...SoooooSAD....uatBRAD..... BuBYE ! ! !

21-13 @ Jordan - Hare West ! ! ! :au:

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

#1 DEFENSE :au:

#1 OFFENSE :au:

#1 T E A M :au:

p.s. Glad to see UAB get their SEVENTH win ! ! ! :big:

How does it not prove that?  Statistically (the Bama fans' favorite argument this year) AU held Bama to fewer total yards, fewer passing yards, fewer rushing yards, and fewer points.

125287[/snapback]

Actually, I think Bama had 2 more passing yards than Auburn did. :P:rolleyes::big::poke:

125307[/snapback]

Touche.

Simple question, which team held the opposing team to the lowest points?

21 - 13

If Brodie,,,,,,,

If ________,,,,,,

If _________,,,,,,

If __________,,,,,,,

If _____________,,,,,,,,,,,

which team held the opposing team to the lowest points?

21 - 13

:big::big::big:

125300[/snapback]

125309[/snapback]

this is CLASSIC!

i mean...absolutely priceless. i guess he'll crawl back over to his UAT board now smiling all the way.

BamaBrad doesn't want to debate who has the #1 defense.

--But he started a thread entitled "Best Defense Debate, Bring it on".

BamaBrad wants respect from AUNation.

--Yet, he leaves the board like this, "took long enough. see ya barners..... "

BamaBrad. Grow up.

BamaBrad doesn't want to debate who has the #1 defense.

--But he started a thread entitled "Best Defense Debate, Bring it on".

BamaBrad wants respect from AUNation.

--Yet, he leaves the board like this, "took long enough. see ya barners..... "

BamaBrad.  Grow up.

125324[/snapback]

you mean grow up like everyone else on this board has other than Dothantiger? Give me a freaking break. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black I dont' know what is. I started this thread being very cordial until a bunch of idiots took over. Hopefully for this board's sake they were the few 12 year olds out of school today.

I started this thread being very cordial until a bunch of idiots took over. 

125328[/snapback]

No, you didn't. You started this thread with a confrontational "bring it on". Now you wanna cry because you're getting your ass handed to you in a debate.

125300[/snapback]

125309[/snapback]

this is CLASSIC!

i mean...absolutely priceless. i guess he'll crawl back over to his UAT board now smiling all the way.

125322[/snapback]

if this is really classic and priceless, please pin it....

125328[/snapback]

No, you didn't. You started this thread with a confrontational "bring it on". Now you wanna cry because you're getting your ass handed to you in a debate.

125334[/snapback]

yeah, writing bring it on is such a terrible thing to do. Geez....ok then whatever. You got me. I guess you have to ass kiss to be considered cordial on this board.

125328[/snapback]

125334[/snapback]

yeah, writing bring it on is such a terrible thing to do. Geez....ok then whatever. You got me. I guess you have to ass kiss to be considered cordial on this board.

125340[/snapback]

No, you don't have to kiss any ass, but to come to a rival's board, start a topic labelled "debate", and lead off with "Bring it on" simply isn't cordial.

Personally I could not care less about your claim to the #1 defense. We've got the W and that's really what it's all about.

Personally I could not care less about your claim to the #1 defense. We've got the W and that's really what it's all about.

125345[/snapback]

of course that is all that matters....but for someone who doesn't care you sure wasted alot of time with me.....

Archived