No recognition of coach Craig as a major subplot

DC4AU04

I can't wait for CDC to give us some serious insight into this game. How much value do you guys think this gives us? BTW I am pretty jacked about our chances to win this game. I wanted USCe in the SECCG because I don't think that they could have matched scores with us. I think that if we come out and establish our physicality and pace we will grind FSU down late. That should give us a chance to pull away late as long as we don't make too many mistakes/turn the ball over. Gonna be another track meet. WDE!

Make no mistake, DC can help a lot with this matchup and in a variety of ways. I'm sure the D staff will be having some film sessions with him to say the least.

This will come up during the next month, but I think everyone is so shocked that we are in the game, that no one has done any research or thought about any of the sub-plots. Personally, I hope they keep us the underdog, and continue to tell Famous Amos just how great he is, and how FSU is too much for us to handle. That has worked out in our favor pretty well all season!!!

He and coach Garner's interviews last night were fantastic.

After we ran all over Alabama Jeremy Pruitt, FSU Defensive Coordinator, was asked how do you stop the Auburn running game? He said that if the two men (saban and smart) who taught him how to coach defenses couldn't stop the Auburn running game how is he supposed to stop it.

Does anyone else feel that every time they interwiew Winston he seems like a character in one of Eddie Murphy's Klumps movies. I just keep waiting for him to start clapping while saying Hercules, Hercules...

He and coach Garner's interviews last night

were fantastic.

Got links?

I'm sorry I don't. I was on patrol at the end of the game last night and got to listen to the post game show. Coach Craig and Ben were reminiscent of their careers and CC was talking about how proud he was of the improvement Trovon Reed. Coach Garner was heaping praise on the d-line.

After we ran all over Alabama Jeremy Pruitt, FSU Defensive Coordinator, was asked how do you stop the Auburn running game? He said that if the two men (saban and smart) who taught him how to coach defenses couldn't stop the Auburn running game how is he supposed to stop it.

Well, seems he has some common sense at least. Pretty fair statement and one I agree with him on. We will run on them too.

He and coach Garner's interviews last night

were fantastic.

Got links?

I'm sorry I don't. I was on patrol at the end of the game last night and got to listen to the post game show. Coach Craig and Ben were reminiscent of their careers and CC was talking about how proud he was of the improvement Trovon Reed. Coach Garner was heaping praise on the d-line.

Cool, thanks. I bet RIR or ET will post, if available. Will also keep my eyes pealed!

Wait, Craig was the FSU QB coach right? Does that mean he knows the Florida State offense like the back of his hand and could work with Johnson to come up with a killer game plan to stop it??

A couple of side notes if you will:

1. I've told all my family to pay attention to all the athletes that FSU has, and know that most of them are there because of D. Craig. Our future is bright!

Maybe this isn't a side note, but I'll never forget watching FSU's bowl game last year. During a timeout Jimbo was talking to one of the players. D. Craig was standing by him. Don't know what was said, but I do remember Dameyune peeping over Jimbo shoulder as he listened. D had his hand over his mic, listening. Jimbo was looking around for like another player or something. Anyways the look on D. Craig's face I will never forget. It was almost as Jimbo had farted or something. He was standing behind Jimbo like what the heck are you even talking about. Not directly to his face, and not to anybody in particular that was standing around him, but he just had this puzzled look on his face. Not sure why I'm telling all y'all this, but it was at that moment that I knew that Coach Dameyune Craig was coming home. Few days later it happened.

I'll have to try to find that game somewhere and show yall what I'm talking about. Can y'all tell that I am over joyed with this Season. OUR TIGERS ARE PLAYING IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Does anyone else feel that every time they interwiew Winston he seems like a character in one of Eddie Murphy's Klumps movies. I just keep waiting for him to start clapping while saying Hercules, Hercules...

Everytime I hear an espn analyst or a FSU coach talk about how mature winston is, I just cringe. He sounds a little silly but the guy is extremely immature in his personal life.

His actions have made everybody forget johnny football cash's problems. All manziel may have done is act stupid and sell his autographs. Winston is something else.

Everytime I hear an espn analyst or a FSU coach talk about how mature winston is, I just cringe. He sounds a little silly but the guy is extremely immature in his personal life.

His actions have made everybody forget johnny football cash's problems. All manziel may have done is act stupid and sell his autographs. Winston is something else.

Almost makes me hate that he's a huge Bo fan... Almost... Looking forward to Jan6 and him meeting a real team...

Almost makes me hate that he's a huge Bo fan... Almost... Looking forward to Jan6 and him meeting a real team...

I think y'all are selling Winston short. He is very mature you can see it on the sidelines. Everyone that knows him says he is a good kid. Don't judge the kid off what he was accused of. The facts of the case showed that it wasn't anything more than two college kids having sex. If you want to debate premarital sex from a Christian stand point which Winston is, I guess you can but that is the extent of what happened nothing more. So I guess the old bible verse, Yea without sin can throw the first stone, goes here. I just don't think we can judge anyone off what they are accused of. As a dad of an Auburn college student I hope my daughter isn't doing that, I hope I raised her to make good choices but I also know kids do things that are wrong now and then. It doesn't make them bad people or immature it make them like all the rest of us. Sorry didn't meant to preach I just don't want us to try and drag this kids character down when it is unnecessary.

Personally, I wouldn't make too much of CDC's experience at FSU and how it will help us. It certainly can't hurt, but I think both teams are so much different than last year, and there will be a whole lot of creative thinking going on in both camps over the next 29 days.

I think y'all are selling Winston short. He is very mature you can see it on the sidelines. Everyone that knows him says he is a good kid. Don't judge the kid off what he was accused of. The facts of the case showed that it wasn't anything more than two college kids having sex. If you want to debate premarital sex from a Christian stand point which Winston is, I guess you can but that is the extent of what happened nothing more. So I guess the old bible verse, Yea without sin can throw the first stone, goes here. I just don't think we can judge anyone off what they are accused of. As a dad of an Auburn college student I hope my daughter isn't doing that, I hope I raised her to make good choices but I also know kids do things that are wrong now and then. It doesn't make them bad people or immature it make them like all the rest of us. Sorry didn't meant to preach I just don't want us to try and drag this kids character down when it is unnecessary.

Very well said. I agree 100%

Yea..i have noticed that too. It's a bit over the top sometimes. I've wondered if that's really his personality or if it is for t.v. When he was giving the pre-game speech for the Clemson game it seemed like some of his teammates were like chill dude..sit down and shut up. lol. I honestly don't have an issue with the kid..if that's who he is then that's who is. It just comes across a little strange on t.v. sometimes. lol.

especially after the acc title game interview. .... :cheers:

I agree about giving the kid a hard time but there was not enough facts/evidence provided to support there was or was not a rape and that it was or was not Winston. It came down to there wasn't enough evidence to charge him nor any eye witnesses at the present time to support the girl's story but it doesn't mean he couldn't have done it. I think that is where many are a little confused. If in the future there is enough new evidence that supports the girl's story the case can be revisited and Winston can be charged. I don't know if he did or didn't do it b/c there has been not been enough evidence for me to say with a large degree of certainty that he did or didn't rape the girl.

Don't forget, Jimbo Fisher was also the QBs coach at Auburn the entire time Daymeyune was our QB. And then Craig was a GA under Fisher at LSU before FSU. So, Coach Craig probably knows Coach Fishers tendencies more than anyone else out there. Doesn't Jimbo call the plays at FSU still?!? CDC will be a huge help in preparation for this game against FSU!!!

Maybe he could break out and play the butt-trumpet as well like in 2nd movie!

Archived