Lashlee

Displ8stAUTiger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it is worth.......CoachingSearch.com has learned that Arizona State offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Mike Norvell has indeed interviewed for the Arkansas State job.

To be honest. ..I don't think he'd want that right now. He's on the cusp of coaching in a NCG...and with the returning team next season. .could be poised to be playing in another one. That combined with a little more experience on the big stage would help mould him into a more competent HC in the future.

Not that I want to see him go because I don't, not yet but interviewing to be a HC would probably be a good experience for anyone that might have bigger aspirations

AUbritt you beat me to it...

Not that I want to see him go because I don't, not yet but interviewing to be a HC would probably be a good experience for anyone that might have bigger aspirations

Great minds .... ;D

He don't even have the full control over the o or play calling. He ain't going nowhere.

Did you watch Gus's press conference last night? Rhett does a lot.

Great minds .... ;D

And I'm sure that CGM, as his mentor, would encourage him to learn the process. Maybe 5 years from now RL will be HC at a very respectable school.

Great minds .... ;D

And I'm sure that CGM, as his mentor, would encourage him to learn the process. Maybe 5 years from now RL will be HC at a very respectable school.

I agree. My bet is he's going t olisten to Gus and right now Gus seems to believe Rhett's best option is to be in Auburn.

Great minds .... ;D

Agreed, ET.

The "process" for the mentor included OC stints at a three places including Auburn (just like the protege'). Oh, and the head job at Arkansas State, which has been pretty respectable in turning out head coaches for Boise, Auburn and Ole Miss in consecutive years. What am I missing? :dunno:

He don't even have the full control over the o or play calling. He ain't going nowhere.

Idt he would of come out and called him a slacker

So, he said those things to be nice? If he's not a valuable member of the coaching staff, why would Gus want to keep him around? I guess I can think of several scenarios involving black helicopters. But I think it's simpler and wiser to take Gus at his word: Rhett does a lot and he'd love to keep his staff intact. That doesn't mean he'd stand in the way of Rhett interviewing. In fact, I suspect he'd encourage it. But not to get rid of dead weight.

Does this just sound too rational, or what?

:dunno:

The "process" for the mentor included OC stints at a three places including Auburn (just like the protege'). Oh, and the head job at Arkansas State, which has been pretty respectable in turning out head coaches for Boise, Auburn and Ole Miss in consecutive years. What am I missing? :dunno:

Then you say RL is good to go on his own way then, now, right ? I don't. RL is short on TIME + EXPERIENCE. He's been an OC for 2 seasons at 2 schools and hasn't been away from CGM's tutelage. Arky State would be a good start for RL, IF he were qualified. He isn't. Arky State was a good proving ground for those men ready to take the reigns who had the experience. A few more years and RL might be a dynamite HC.

I really hope he stays and we keep this coaching staff intact! I really think Lashlee could be a guy that takes over for Gus several years down the road. So the longer that he stays in Auburn, the more he considers Auburn to be his home.

My only view is that when he decides to leave he must be certain that he is ready....screw up your first HC job and the next one will be hard to come by.

Arky State is pretty serious about their football now and they will expect him to win....and it's a big jump from a few years as on OC (where the HC is calling the plays) to the place where he has full responsibility for the program. Might be worthwhile for him to get out from under Gus's wings first as an OC somewhere big....and I'm not think Samford was that "somewhere".

So, he said those things to be nice? If he's not a valuable member of the coaching staff, why would Gus want to keep him around? I guess I can think of several scenarios involving black helicopters. But I think it's simpler and wiser to take Gus at his word: Rhett does a lot and he'd love to keep his staff intact. That doesn't mean he'd stand in the way of Rhett interviewing. In fact, I suspect he'd encourage it. But not to get rid of dead weight.

Does this just sound too rational, or what?

:dunno:/>

is it rational to think if asked about a coach he wouldn't put em down? RL ain't ready to be a HC maybe one day he'll be a full-time oc not split duties with Gus and Craig. Remember he's only " Co oc"

CRL, although a very good coach, I believe would not be ready for this type of job just because he hasn't had much time as an assistant to really learn the ropes. Plus, he seems to be more of Gus's apprentice, but with a few more years he may be ready for such a job.

Archived