Lashlee

Displ8stAUTiger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that the Arky State job was filled weeks ago. Why does this keep coming up if there is no HC job available?

Will Lashlee ever be a serious contender for a HC position while he is in Gus' shadow (exibit A: Kirby Smart - is he a good DC, or is he just $aban's figurehead)?

Well someone will give him the chance to prove he is worthy of being a HC. It will likely be a ASU type situation. I think Kirby is more or less waiting around to see if he can get the UAT job once Saban either leaves for somewhere else or retires. He was given serious consideration for the AU job but he asked for things they could not provide him unless he were actually hired.

I think one day Rhett will land a HC job. He is still a little wet around the collar and needs 3-5 more years of experience as an OC at Auburn. I cringe every time I hear about Kirby smart having been hired as our HC. I seriously doubt we would be playing for a National Championship if Kirby had gotten the job. Gus and Auburn are a perfect pair that has a degree magic that no one but Gus could ever generate.

Thanks for posting the video of Laslee. I love that quote from Coach Dye at the end of the speech. We are lucky to have Rhett on our staff and someone will get a fine young head coach one day.

Hell of a speech. This guy will be a HC.

Makes me feel old in my mid thirties haha ............ First class guy and damn proud he is representing Auburn ....... Great speech

Archived