For the serious BCS thinkers....

TigerfanKM

What do you think our chances are now based today's games and how could this impact

Auburn's chances to take over the number two spot from OU. Specifically, today with Bowling Green losing to a unranked Toledo team and Okl State losing to unranked Texas Tech. I also am sick of hearing how OU's schedule was so tough! Look at which teams Okl St has beat- UCLA, Tulsa, SMU, Iowa St (looked bad today AND Lost), Colorado, Missouri, and Baylor. Also, Texas is over ranked in my opinion with a batch of weak wins, incidentally with their closest win coming over a weak Arkansas team by 2 points. What do you think, with a impressive win over Tenn in the SEC Championship game, can Auburn move up?

None of that stuff matters when it pertains to OU and USC. You can look bad, play bad, the teams on your schedule lose and suck all at the same time. Doesn't matter as long as you're OU or USC. I still can't believe that if we go undefeated, beat UGA, UA and UT all in a row, the voters would not finally take notice.

Unless USC or OU loses, I don't see how we have a chance at the Orange Bowl. In fact, we may be hurt by our oponent in the Sugar Bowl. I hope this team does not get down over what happens if they don't make it beyond the Sugar and wind up with a Va Tech, Syracuse, Miami, or etc.

We are going to the Sugar Bowl. Quit worrying about the BCS cuz that's where Auburn will be going and there is nothing Auburn can do about it. It's not the BCS's fault, its the human pollsters I blame.

PChamp,

The first human pollester you should blame is the Bammer beat writer for the Huntsville Times. After almost 30 years paying for that rag, I'm canceling forever next Sunday. This guy really was one of our own...and he gave us the finger. I may not live to see AU 13-0 again. One thing I do know, almost all of you will bend over and assume the postion without a fight.

For the past 3 or 4 weeks I have been on this board trying to rally the troops to take a proactive movement to sell our team and program to the poll voters. Almost everyone of you said no it's to early, I'm scared of GA, I'm scared of Bama, we can't do anything until after the SEC championship, O-N-E at a time, yada, yada, yada.....well time ran out last week. Ever hear the term self fulfilled prophosey? Only Tubs has made an effort and he appears to have given in lately.

Sorry, I won't be down at the Sugar Bowl waving my little blue and orange shaker and stumbling around Bourbon Street.....I will be about what might have happened and how little we did to make it happen. Honestly, we might as well be lemmings in California jumping off the cliff.......

I now step off my soapbox...

Dude, you overestimate our impact by, well, a whole lot. Some of us prefer to control what we can control, which is next to nothing other than our reaction to what transpires.

I really feel sorry for you if you would turn your nose up at a Sugar Bowl berth after winning our first SEC title in 15 years (and our first outright title in 17 years) and being undefeated in the process.

If you want to blame anything, blame the fact that preseason polls even exist...USC and OU were ranked 1-2 at the beginning of the year and neither has budged. This team has done everything asked of it and won every game played. As a fan, that's all I can ever hope for. The rest of it is up to someone else and I don't lose any sleep over what other people think of us.

slag,

you are well within your rights to be happy, you've probably never seen better. the last time auburn was number one, i was 2 years old, that's 47 years ago. when i play, i play for first not second. add 47 to your current age and you can understand how i think and my frustration with auburn fans

It's amazing what a "great victory" USC had last night over a team which does not even have a single vote to be in the top 25 in the coach's poll.

They beat a great name, not a great team.

Take a Prozac or something Mojo. You know good and well, there's not a damn thing a fan can do to sway voter's minds. That's one of the most imbecilic tirades I've seen on this board. If we end up in the Sugar Bowl, are 12-0, and SEC champs, you will be ashamed? Geez.

I've heard it all now.

when i play, i play for first not second

That's all well and good when you're actually on the field of competition...we as fans are not. Until the BCS or some other system gives us a voice with a fan poll, we're kinda limited in our responses.

Blaming us as a fan base for not trying to influence the pollsters more is asinine and counter-productive. The people carrying the heavy stick will be wearing orange and blue uniforms in Atlanta on Saturday. If I were a pollster, I would be vaguely amused, but ultimately unmoved, by some fans trying to influence me.

If I add 47 to my current age, I think I'll be more worried about where my dentures are than whether or not some computer poll or some pollster thinks my team is any good.

Case in point: I was thrilled to death with the 1993 season. I didn't waste a whole lot of time wondering about what might have been. I was damned happy with what was, especially considering what had transpired the previous two seasons.

Now 1983 was a great season with a bitter result in the end...we got hosed down big-time in that deal. No team played a tougher schedule than Auburn that year and to stay #3 when #'s 1-2 lost was a travesty.

For several reasons, I think AUBURN's chances are pretty slim. The voters in the PAC10 & BIG12 areas have been consistently voting USC & OK 1 & 2 in the polls. The voters in the SE have not been as willing to vote AUBURN either #1 or #2. You can look at the BAMA beat writer in Huntsville as an example. You can also look at the coaches in the SEC who have not voted AUBURN any higher than #3. You can also look at voters in the ACC areas. IMHO they are shills for the ACC and would rather see either USC or OK win a National Championship, than any team from the SEC. There are two Bowden's coaching in the ACC.

Also do you think there could be a little carry over because of jet gate? Could some voters be thinking AUBURN tried to screw CTT last year, lets screw AUBURN this year?

not anything we auburn fans can't do......come on, bro, get creative. how about arranging a photo session with Bin Lauden in Oklahoma sports garb? That would go well on the AP wire. How bout putting him in the drivers seat of the Boomer Sooner wagon? We could put a few land mines out for him to remind him of Iraq

Archived