Finebaum Pick

mom2kid

Paul Finebaum just picked Auburn to win on ESPN. I know that means little but still nice to hear. He says we have played great and Nick Marshall will benefit from extra weeks of practice.

I don't believe it, Mom. I thought the time could only benefit FSU. I agree with him. I think the time off helped us a lot.

Time off hurts passing offenses more than running offenses. Winston's timing with his receivers may take a bit to get going like in most games he has played. Auburn just has to pound the rock while he figures it out.

The only thing more meaningless is the Vega$ line....... :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

Please refer to my OP about the betting line moving in FSU's favor.

Line in the Bama game and the Missouri game were not in our favor either.

No they weren't. but I'd rather see the betting line move toward Auburn than towards FSU.

No they weren't. but I'd rather see the betting line move toward Auburn than towards FSU.

Its knee jerk reaction to the bad performance of Bama in their bowl game. Oh and people betting FSU a bit heavy. To entice more Auburn bets. Vegas just wants to balance the books as much as possible and take their cut.

Hey we moved from -13 to -10.5. This means that we have a better chance of keeping it close and eventually winning in the 4th quarter. I would not be surprised to see us win by 14 or more points

However, I thought that the only thing Finebaum could pick & win on a regular basis was his nose.

I guess he has concluded: "If I can't beat em', join em'"! At least for this game anyway.

i see you're not a bettor. Anybody playing this game who believes Auburn is going to win appreciates the gift of additional points

I would be a little nervous about the betting line moving in FSU's favor if this was a regular season game, but this is a game played after a month long break. Look at the other bowl games with huge spreads. UCF, Oklahoma, Michigan St., and Clemson all won as underdogs. Nobody can honestly predict what's going to happen with the layoff and on this big of a stage. I never bet on any bowl game because it's so much different than the regular season. I think we have the coaching advantage and the advantage in the trenches, and I agree that FSU's passing game may be rusty, but like I said nobody knows what's going to happen.

Archived