2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

This kid, in Gus Malzahn's system, IS the next Cam Newton.

There will be no next Cam. There's never been another Bo even after 30 years. But the dude has skillz.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kid, in Gus Malzahn's system, IS the next Cam Newton.

There will be no next Cam. There's never been another Bo even after 30 years. But the dude has skillz.

Gibson is one reason I do not want AU to accept another DT QB's commitment at this time. I understand the Tenn kid is getting ready to commit, and UT and AU lead. I actually hope UT gets him because Gibson looks like he has better skills now and a lot more potential as well.

Josh Darrow ‏@joshdarrow 6m

Tenn & Auburn made biggest impressions on Gibson @quick_tg6; LSU will be taken more seriously; Ohio State is dropping...

Im actually pretty impressed with tennessee. They have been recruiting well. Glad we made a big push for this guy though. He is a stud

I'm glad that Ohio State is dropping. I think we can beat out Tennessee for this guy! Meyer is tough to compete against, but I think Tennessee is going to have another rough year, which may help us close the deal.

Im actually pretty impressed with tennessee. They have been recruiting well. Glad we made a big push for this guy though. He is a stud

it is not hard to recruit well when you don't coach a single player on the field.

When is he set to commit? Anyone know?

End of his senior year IIRC.

I'm starting to feel UT as well. They are doing a great job of BS'ing the kid into believing he will start right away if he goes there. They also didn't sign a QB last year and you can tell that it is enticing to Gibson.

Tennessee's recruiting feels a lot like ours under Chizik to me. Lots of gimmicks and rah-rah.

I'm starting to feel UT as well. They are doing a great job of BS'ing the kid into believing he will start right away if he goes there. They also didn't sign a QB last year and you can tell that it is enticing to Gibson.

Tennessee's recruiting feels a lot like ours under Chizik to me. Lots of gimmicks and rah-rah.

I think Thigpen carried the Chizik philosophy with him. It'll be interesting to see what Tennessee does if they end up getting Juwan Jennings or Lorenzo Nunez before TG is ready to commit. I assume they would still take him, but I'll be curious to see if it affects his interest level.

After he watches Tennessee get blown out a couple of times this year he will lose interest in them.

Either that or become interested in being the guy who comes in and changes all that...could go either way with recruits.

I agree with this. I heard on another thread that UT is selling itself as the new SE version of Oregon.

After he watches Tennessee get blown out a couple of times this year he will lose interest in them.

Either that or become interested in being the guy who comes in and changes all that...could go either way with recruits.

Kinda hope he goes to UT (if not AU, of coarse). They need some help to beat spanky. Would love to see that meltdown!

Torrance Gibson ‏@quick_tg6

April 18th I will be in Auburn #WarEagle ��

Nice! Two visits in a month's time has to be a good sign. If we have a crowd turnout like last year for A-Day then Gibson's next visit could give us a huge bump.

This kid is a 5 star on potential. His athletic ability is really high. He will find a place on the field at QB or someplace a nd he will make a difference.

Seems like these elite recruits just travel from school to school in the spring. How do they get their school work done?

Seems like these elite recruits just travel from school to school in the spring. How do they get their school work done?

They have guidance counselors do it for them. :big:

UT, ohio state then AU from what I'm told. AU is making a big push. Not really sure who's at the top of AU's QB board.

SIAA but TQ is 1 and TG is 2.

Archived