2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

UT, ohio state then AU from what I'm told. AU is making a big push. Not really sure who's at the top of AU's QB board.

SIAA but TQ is 1 and TG is 2.

TQ seems to be very loyal and motivated...BUT I don't think the above is accurate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UT, ohio state then AU from what I'm told. AU is making a big push. Not really sure who's at the top of AU's QB board.

TQ seems to be very loyal and motivated...BUT I don't think the above is accurate.

Council, what are you thinking on this. I would be surprised if Queen was not our Top choice. I know Gibson has tons of potential. Anyway, can you pontificate, please. Thanks

Council, what are you thinking on this. I would be surprised if Queen was not our Top choice. I know Gibson has tons of potential. Anyway, can you pontificate, please. Thanks

I think if Queen has a big senior year I think he gains a 5th star. Just watch.

Or at least elaborate.

I know TG seems extremely enticing because of his athletic ability, but I very much doubt that the coaches would cut bait with TQ if it came down to one of the other.

It is accurate. The staff completely loved TQ's junior film and feel strongly about him being #1 on their board. That's why the 2nd QB taken in this class will be extremely athletic. IF QB #2 can't beat out TQ he can easily be moved is the plan.

I have no doubt that people on the staff said what E reports. Gus may have even said that. However, TQ is an early commit, and a solid prospect. There is no mystery that while Gus's offense can work without a mobile QB, I think it's clear that against SEC defenses, that offense reaches its maximum potential with a Dual Threat QB. Sean White wowed people. TQ may eventually do so in the camp circuit. Regardless, I expect our QB position to flow from Marshall to Johnson to the DT QB that we sign in this class. I've seen the statistical analysis of Gus's teams with a pro style QB. The SEC is a different animal defensively. I don't see us cutting ties with TQ, but if Gibson becomes a solid commit, I think TQ may re-evaluate.

I have no doubt that people on the staff said what E reports. Gus may have even said that. However, TQ is an early commit, and a solid prospect. There is no mystery that while Gus's offense can work without a mobile QB, I think it's clear that against SEC defenses, that offense reaches its maximum potential with a Dual Threat QB. Sean White wowed people. TQ may eventually do so in the camp circuit. Regardless, I expect our QB position to flow from Marshall to Johnson to the DT QB that we sign in this class. I've seen the statistical analysis of Gus's teams with a pro style QB. The SEC is a different animal defensively. I don't see us cutting ties with TQ, but if Gibson becomes a solid commit, I think TQ may re-evaluate.

Queen is a mobile QB. He does not have elite speed but he can be dangerous running the ball. Same with White. Also, Gus adapts his coaching style based on the QB that will be playing.

Queen is a mobile QB. He does not have elite speed but he can be dangerous running the ball. Same with White. Also, Gus adapts his coaching style based on the QB that will be playing.

I don't know.. I saw some of the things Sean White can do and I don't see him just getting passed over. He's got more than just a ridiculously accurate arm.

I'm a huge Sean White fan, love the way he plays, and the way he carries himself as a person. Very confident in the way he presents himself, but not too cocky. I think he'll do well at Auburn.

Queen is a very good runner for a QB. Not a Nick Marshall type, but a real threat to run and keep the D honest.

Sean White can run this offense. We'd use a wildcat more, but he would be very effective at the reigns.

Queen is a very good runner for a QB. Not a Nick Marshall type, but a real threat to run and keep the D honest.

Sean White can run this offense. We'd use a wildcat more, but he would be very effective at the reigns.

I think our future wildcat QB is already on campus and his name is Stanton Truitt.

Sean White will throw for 5,000 yards in this offense... Muck like Gus' boys did at Tulsa.

^^^THIS. FWIW respected national analyst and evaluator Keith Niebuhr compares T!Q to Tebow favorably.

Yeah, I was going to add something like what E said. You don't need break-away speed or insane athleticism to be an effective runner at QB. Tebow had speed, but his tool was really his big body. Aaron Rogers is another example. He's not overly fast, but he has a big body and really quick feet. He's a very effective run threat. You wouldn't us Queen in the same way you use Marshall, but from the film I've seen, he's similar (athletically) to Johnson.

Yeah, I was going to add something like what E said. You don't need break-away speed or insane athleticism to be an effective runner at QB. Tebow had speed, but his tool was really his big body. Aaron Rogers is another example. He's not overly fast, but he has a big body and really quick feet. He's a very effective run threat. You wouldn't us Queen in the same way you use Marshall, but from the film I've seen, he's similar (athletically) to Johnson.

Kind of like you and E are saying.. Aaron Murray isn't the best runner the QB position has ever seen but I've definitely seen him break off a few that made a massive difference in games.

Good comparison. I can definitely see the TQ/JJ comparison regarding their running ability. More than just a scrambler but not an elite breakaway threat.

Sometimes vision and football smarts can make a kid an effective runner. Fantastic 50 yard runs are necessary, but savvy 10 yarders for a first down are huge.

Well-said sir...

The reality is that Johnson AND White AND Queen will not ALL be breakout stars for Auburn. When you recruit one or more big time QB prospects every year, all don't play. While some may in hindsight debate the quality of our QB recruiting in the past, we have seen a cluster of elite prospects (Caudle, Burns, Rollison, and Frazier) ALL crash and burn. We have filled in with mediocre play from medicre prospects (Trotter, Mosely and Wallace) and superb play from the two JUCOs. Johnson, White and Queen are similar in rating to the previous cluster of players. I maintain that it is possible that one, and maybe two of them will never be a primary starter for us at QB barring injury. It's not a wish...just being pragmatic

The reality is that Johnson AND White AND Queen will not ALL be breakout stars for Auburn. When you recruit one or more big time QB prospects every year, all don't play. While some may in hindsight debate the quality of our QB recruiting in the past, we have seen a cluster of elite prospects (Caudle, Burns, Rollison, and Frazier) ALL crash and burn. We have filled in with mediocre play from medicre prospects (Trotter, Mosely and Wallace) and superb play from the two JUCOs. Johnson, White and Queen are similar in rating to the previous cluster of players. I maintain that it is possible that one, and maybe two of them will never be a primary starter for us at QB barring injury. It's not a wish...just being pragmatic

This is the truth. Don't forget Brandon Cox was not a world beater in HS either.

While I agree that they will not all play, I think it is a great problem to have. The most important thing to remember is that the cream will rise to the top. I believe Gus will start the absolute best player that we have at each position. The second most important thing to remember is that competition is only going to make these guys better!

Out of them all, I cannot see Jeremy Johnson not being our starter in 2015.

Every game he has participated in, this far into his career, has been extremely positive and productive.

Archived