2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

Recently named a top 3 of Tennessee, Miami, and Ohio State. We need to get this kid for a visit and get back in the thick of it!

I'm surprised by Tennessee being in the mix. I understand Ohio State and Miami is close to home, but I think a kid with his skill set would be crazy not to give Auburn a really serious look (which it sounds like he is). But Tennessee?

Ohio State is close to home?

Separate thoughts: I understand his interest in OSU. Miami is close to home.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“@quick_tg6: I will be visiting these schools during my spring break. ?? #RoadTrip

Oklahoma

LSU

Alabama

Auburn

Clemson

South Carolina

Florida”

Recently named a top 3 of Tennessee, Miami, and Ohio State. We need to get this kid for a visit and get back in the thick of it!

I'm surprised by Tennessee being in the mix. I understand Ohio State and Miami is close to home, but I think a kid with his skill set would be crazy not to give Auburn a really serious look (which it sounds like he is). But Tennessee?

Ohio State is close to home?

Separate thoughts: I understand his interest in OSU. Miami is close to home.

Just thought I'd ask! I still think we're a dark horse 4th place and could easily persuade him.

"@quick_tg6: I will be visiting these schools during my spring break. #RoadTrip

Oklahoma

LSU

Alabama

Auburn

Clemson

South Carolina

Florida"

How long is his spring break...?

I dont know what to make of this kid. He is super raw at QB. He has not looked very good in recent camp settings when he has played the position. He is insistent on playing QB despite the fact that he is a 5* caliber player at WR and has looked very good in camp settings as a receiver. He'd play a hell of a lot sooner as a WR at any school he'd attend.

I dont know what to make of this kid. He is super raw at QB. He has not looked very good in recent camp settings when he has played the position. He is insistent on playing QB despite the fact that he is a 5* caliber player at WR and has looked very good in camp settings as a receiver. He'd play a hell of a lot sooner as a WR at any school he'd attend.

I wonder if there was a similar assessment about Nick Marshall? In the right system, he's probably successful.

Well, we have to remember the situation with this guy. Gus will likely have 2 qbs ahead of him and an option in Queen the same age. Also remember how Gus kept Marshall from working with that guy in Cali. So, it is possible Gus likes Gibson because he is so raw and naturally gifted. Maybe he wants to mold him into exactly what he wants as a qb.

The question isn't whether or not he can develop, the question is whether or not you want to have a potential star-caliber receiver flailing around trying to learn to play QB on a roster in which he's not even remotely assured of ever being the starter due to the competition he will have to face.

Chris Todd had a high-level understanding of how to play the position. Dont insult him with that BS. His arm was shot, but he knew what he was doing out on the field.

This kid has minimal experience playing QB, his foot-work is poor, his mechanics are poor, his accuracy is poor...it isn't exactly the same scenario.

Chris Todd had a high-level understanding of how to play the position. Dont insult him with that BS. His arm was shot, but he knew what he was doing out on the field.

This kid has minimal experience playing QB, his foot-work is poor, his mechanics are poor, his accuracy is poor...it isn't exactly the same scenario.

Good post. I get really tired of people taking pot shots at Chris Todd. Dude could play and had he been completely healthy would've been a star.

I agree -- Chris Todd was an Auburn man and had a great last year. Its not his fault about the TF/TT crap the year before. Give the guy credit -- he performed when he had leadership & superior coaching his senior year. Give him credit. He was a smart kid and made the most out of what he had

Wow. Agreeing w/ 3 people in a row (so I guess I make 4) about Chris Todd.

I guess I support the coaches getting any 5* athlete on campus as long as he's not an obvious train wreck of a person off the field. If they see 3 outcomes that are equally likely: 1) the kid learns the position, 2) he changes positions and succeeds at the new one or 3) transfers, then hey, maybe it was worth the roll of the dice.

Also, I've got to think that it raises our profile in a good way just to get him to visit.

Sorry to end the streak, but he was terribly inaccurate, and was slow as molasses. It is my humble opinion that had Neil Caudle started, we would have had AT LEAST 3 more wins in 2009.

Sorry to end the streak, but he was terribly inaccurate, and was slow as molasses. It is my humble opinion that had Neil Caudle started, we would have had AT LEAST 3 more wins in 2009.

You know talent better than CGM? WOW You should be scouting qbs for them. :)

You're absolutely right... about Chris Todd being slow.

Not trying to slam or anything, but I am wondering what makes you think Caudle would've made a 3 game difference? I'm only asking because he didn't play a single meaningful snap under 2 different coaching staffs and like 3 different offenses during his time at Auburn so I personally have no knowledge of how good (or not good) he was. Curious as to what evidence convinced you of that considering multiple coaching staff's didn't believe he was starting QB material.

There is no evidence. He's just pulling a statement out of his ass. If Caudle could play he would have done so...he wouldn't have rode the bench under numerous offensive staffs.

You're absolutely right... about Chris Todd being slow.

Chris todd was injured so he could only throw the football 35 yards not 40. He did well his last year but he can thank CGM for that. Brandon Cox had a muscle disorder and never lost to alabama. Legendary stuff

Not trying to slam or anything, but I am wondering what makes you think Caudle would've made a 3 game difference? I'm only asking because he didn't play a single meaningful snap under 2 different coaching staffs and like 3 different offenses during his time at Auburn so I personally have no knowledge of how good (or not good) he was. Curious as to what evidence convinced you of that considering multiple coaching staff's didn't believe he was starting QB material.

I though it was a well known fact that on any disappointing/underachieving team the backup QB will always be the best, most popular player on the roster. Hence so much Kirk Cousins love earlier this year from the DC area

Can we please return this thread back to Torrence Gibson. I like the way he plays faast. He is very talented. He will need to work on his throwing accuracy and footwork.

Archived