2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

Can we please return this thread back to Torrence Gibson. I like the way he plays faast. He is very talented. He will need to work on his throwing accuracy and footwork.

Agreed. TG has a natural running style and excellent vision. It seems like he knows where the open lane is going to be before it's there, even when the play breaks down. He will have to improve his throwing technique, but even so his throwing motion doesn't appear to be terrible. He is a playmaker, which is one of the most important things to this staff.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to end the streak, but he was terribly inaccurate, and was slow as molasses. It is my humble opinion that had Neil Caudle started, we would have had AT LEAST 3 more wins in 2009.

Not trying to slam or anything, but I am wondering what makes you think Caudle would've made a 3 game difference? I'm only asking because he didn't play a single meaningful snap under 2 different coaching staffs and like 3 different offenses during his time at Auburn so I personally have no knowledge of how good (or not good) he was. Curious as to what evidence convinced you of that considering multiple coaching staff's didn't believe he was starting QB material.

I don't want to derail the thread anymore, so if you would like, you or anyone else could take this to PM, and I would be happy to discuss it with you.

Everything that I hear, is that TG is a bad passer, but an immediate pro receiver. I would love to have him so he would have a chance at QB, and at the very least he becomes a receiving weapon that can throw it on trick plays.

Sorry to end the streak, but he was terribly inaccurate, and was slow as molasses. It is my humble opinion that had Neil Caudle started, we would have had AT LEAST 3 more wins in 2009.

Not trying to slam or anything, but I am wondering what makes you think Caudle would've made a 3 game difference? I'm only asking because he didn't play a single meaningful snap under 2 different coaching staffs and like 3 different offenses during his time at Auburn so I personally have no knowledge of how good (or not good) he was. Curious as to what evidence convinced you of that considering multiple coaching staff's didn't believe he was starting QB material.

I don't want to derail the thread anymore, so if you would like, you or anyone else could take this to PM, and I would be happy to discuss it with you.

Everything that I hear, is that TG is a bad passer, but an immediate pro receiver. I would love to have him so he would have a chance at QB, and at the very least he becomes a receiving weapon that can throw it on trick plays.

I find it hard to believe that the #1 Dual threat and 5 star QB is a bad passer.

I find it hard to believe that the #1 Dual threat and 5 star QB is a bad passer.

That's what I thought too and then I went and watched his film.

His 5* ranking as a QB is almost purely based on future potential. This kid isn't even in the same universe as Kyler Murray in terms of present day QB skills, but because he's 6'4 with smooth and explosive athleticism he gets "ranked" over him.

Kodi burns ring a bell?

This times 10. Kodi, bless his heart, looked like a lefty trying to make a go of it right handed.

This kid may not be the best passer in this class but he's a really really big, athletic kid. I mean just look at him next to Gus.. Gus is big. He will play. Even if not QB.

I dont want to be "that guy" but im not seeing how he is allowed to talk to cam. Is that not againsy the rules?

After a tweet about how much he loved AU, he said he might be committing early.

Yeah I thought that had to be a good sign too. Said he's going to commit right after his HS season.

"Cam is a student on campus."

Seriously, imagine a 'student guided tour' around the outside of the stadium....

Cam: So, if you look over there to the left, you can see the Haley Center, where the bookstore is. The side away from the stadium is a great place to chill when classes are going on, too. You don't really get the full effect of the eye candy on the weekends...but let's just say that football isn't the only aspect at AU that has a tradition for being overwhelmingly talented.

Gibson: Come on man, I live half an hour away from South Beach, and girls don't wear bikinis to class.

Cam: No, they don't, but they do wear tight, form fitting clothes and very short shorts, and they congregate in bikinis around the pools at the apartment complexes. Also, unlike some schools, it takes a brain to get into Auburn. ;)

Gibson: So what you're saying is that study sessions can actually be fun even when it's not just an anatomy lesson? Wow, imagine that!

Cam: Yeah, tell me about it! Plus, if you'll walk with me over here, do you recognize that handsome fella over Gate 6..........

DSC_0333.JPG

Archived