2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

i believe people are overreacting to the fact that he said he had an announcement to make, which seems to have just been that he didn't think he'd be playing in FL.

It is possible he had a different announcement, but decided against it since he couldn't make it to A-day. This is hardly a circus

He likes to bait for attention on Twitter. This isn't the first time he's baited like this. No harm, no foul...but I wouldn't be looking at his Twitter for anything of substance.

Whats the point of twitter, if not to bait for attention? he could be doing far more annoying things to try and drum up attention, and i really don't think our staff needs to be having a come-to-Jesus moment with a recruit over something like this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe people are overreacting to the fact that he said he had an announcement to make, which seems to have just been that he didn't think he'd be playing in FL.

It is possible he had a different announcement, but decided against it since he couldn't make it to A-day. This is hardly a circus

He likes to bait for attention on Twitter. This isn't the first time he's baited like this. No harm, no foul...but I wouldn't be looking at his Twitter for anything of substance.

Whats the point of twitter, if not to bait for attention? he could be doing far more annoying things to try and drum up attention, and i really don't think our staff needs to be having a come-to-Jesus moment with a recruit over something like this.

That seems to be the overriding opinion on the board.

This...

If he had done it once, it would be one thing, but he has made it a habit of promoting "big news" and then making some basic announcement. Yea, it's twitter bating, and the only reason I even know it's happening is because it's reported here, but it also shows signs of a kid who really loves the attention and the control he has over the zealous recruiting followers. He knows there are people hanging on his every word, and history has shown that to not be a good thing. More often than not, players who play those games are the ones who end up letting the game become the most important thing... and they end up being the kids that no one can trust.

Point is, there are multiple recruits we are looking at for this position, and it is a potentially key position, so it's better to know how far his games go now, vs. down the road, if he becomes the primary target and we lose out on the others.... see a list of several key recruits, over the past several years, who don't play for Auburn and who's names really don't need to be mentioned yet again.

Well with this discussion, I hate to report something from Twitter, but Gibson said today that he would make all 5 official visits and commit after his HS season (but I think that is the plan for a lot of kids this far out).

This kid loves the attention. But I'm not mad, he's probably laughing that he has all these grown men in the respective fan bases going crazy over what he tweets lol

This kid loves the attention. But I'm not mad, he's probably laughing that he has all these grown men in the respective fan bases going crazy over what he tweets lol

Exactly....

Ive already lost interest in this kid and have absolutely no interest in his tweets.

He's a hell of a player. I'm still interested in him (but not his tweets).

Guest jojo1515

Ive already lost interest in this kid and have absolutely no interest in his tweets.

Have you asked him out yet?

Well with this discussion, I hate to report something from Twitter, but Gibson said today that he would make all 5 official visits and commit after his HS season (but I think that is the plan for a lot of kids this far out).

Nothing new. This has been his plan all along.

Have you asked him out yes?

^post of the week

Have you asked him out yet?

Yes, but he tweeted me back saying "if you don't tweet, I don't speak".

Lolz at a bunch of grown men being trolled by a high school kid. FWIW, AU's coaches have a great handle on Gibson's recruitment. My advice to everyone here is to sit back and enjoy.

Blue I would not give up on Gibson quite yet. Call it a hunch.

Lolz at a bunch of grown men being trolled by a high school kid. FWIW, AU's coaches have a great handle on Gibson's recruitment. My advice to everyone here is to sit back and enjoy.

Blue I would not give up on Gibson quite yet. Call it a hunch.

WDE, do you have any opinion as to the DT QB's in our pool? I like Gibson a lot and also like Kai Locksey (sp) from Maryland.

This thread's already reached that odd point where folks cleanly but pationately opining (thus "forum") re the sincerity of a recruit's interest in AU are being called out as saps and suckers. I got suspended for a day on the predecessor to AUFamily by posting (instead of PMing) that a mod was wrong to angrily lash out that we should wait and see the outcome of a game instead of discussing and predicting potential outcomes ahead of time. :headscratch:

What fun is that!

This thread's already reached that odd point where folks cleanly but pationately opining (thus "forum") re the sincerity of a recruit's interest in AU are being called out as saps and suckers. I got suspended for a day on the predecessor to AUFamily by posting (instead of PMing) that a mod was wrong to angrily lash out that we should wait and see the outcome of a game instead of discussing and predicting potential outcomes ahead of time. :headscratch:

What fun is that!

(Not calling you out specifically here) The problem is that in this day and age, it's very easy for anything we say to get sent to recruits via social media. It's fine predicting you think they might go elsewhere, but saying they're acting like divas and need to grow up are personal attacks and are therefore different. Like it or not things we say as fans can put a negative taste in a recruit's mouth, so they deserve policing.

What fun is that!

(Not calling you out specifically here) The problem is that in this day and age, it's very easy for anything we say to get sent to recruits via social media. It's fine predicting you think they might go elsewhere, but saying they're acting like divas and need to grow up are personal attacks and are therefore different. Like it or not things we say as fans can put a negative taste in a recruit's mouth, so they deserve policing.

Well said.

I'll add that, regardless of how it may or may not affect Auburn recruiting, it's just poor form. This is a high school kid that none of us have ever met.

What fun is that!

What's funny is that you were told more than once to PM your complaints rather than calling out the people who commit their unpaid time to run a message board that you get to post on for free, then only after not listening and continuing to air your grievances, you were suspended as a warning...and you're STILL complaining that you were victimized.

Now, if you would like to discuss your issues with the moderation of this board, then please, I wholeheartedly invite you to discuss it with me via PM. Perhaps there, I might be able to better explain the situation in which you find yourself. However, if you wish to continue to act as if you own the joint, perhaps it would be best for you to take a break from AUFamily between now and the beginning of fall practice.

Time to jump ship!

I am not so sure about that, but I would definately be looking at our other top prospects.

Time to jump ship!

I am not so sure about that, but I would definately be looking at our other top prospects.

The only reason I posted this is because people (including myself) tend to overreact on little things like this.

I don't care what he says on Twitter. The staff feels really good about him. If you ask me what this means; I would say we feel like a bond was started, and that we believe he felt comfortable on his visit.

I don't care what he says on Twitter. The staff feels really good about him. If you ask me what this means; I would say we feel like a bond was started, and that we believe he felt comfortable on his visit.

Thats good to hear...I'm not holding my breath with this kid though. Auburn is set with Johnson and Sean white... If Gibson wants to go elsewhere...so be it.

Archived