Biggest "insider miss" in recruiting history?

aushrink

this is definetily one of the biggest insider misses in history. they were sending private messages last night talking about how it was a done deal and we get them all. last week a couple of us said bama was in it and got blasted on this site like we were stupid. and therefore no one wanted to challenge what some insiders said. all I know is evans must have really played the staff because all the signs were their that Alabama was in it. everyone said to ignore it no big deal he is all auburn. biggest miss based on insider info ever

Totally agree. The question is was he playing us the whole time or did Bama really swing him late? Regardless, it appears he was not straightforward with everyone and that is frustrating.

Based on him Mom's face at the announcement I think they swung him very late. She looked very unhappy. I also think the kid was telling our staff and fellow recruits he was all AU.

I dont think he ever really intended to sign with Auburn and his father's BS handling of the last week or so of his recruitment seems to confirm my suspicions. They had promised Gus the last visit and reneged on that promise by allowing bamas staff to horn in. That gave me cause for pause.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the problem Blue, Altima, and I have is that this happened again. How many years in a row? I don't disagree that we have a great class. We do. But what are NEXT years 5 stars gonna remember about AU on signing day? Saban and the bammers laughing their butts off at us again. To heck with whoever doesn't want to come here, but my concern are the ones that do want to be here but we miss on because we are courting an actor that never intends to show up. So we miss a 5 star. How strong would the class be with one more 4 star? Who actually signed with us. AU might have one if we weren't in a dance off (choreographed by Allan Evans) with the bammer staff. This is the only part that bothers me. I could care less where anybody goes to play. Just go. And don't play AU while you're going. I'm done with the lying.

this is definetily one of the biggest insider misses in history. they were sending private messages last night talking about how it was a done deal and we get them all. last week a couple of us said bama was in it and got blasted on this site like we were stupid. and therefore no one wanted to challenge what some insiders said. all I know is evans must have really played the staff because all the signs were their that Alabama was in it. everyone said to ignore it no big deal he is all auburn. biggest miss based on insider info ever

Totally agree. The question is was he playing us the whole time or did Bama really swing him late? Regardless, it appears he was not straightforward with everyone and that is frustrating.

Based on him Mom's face at the announcement I think they swung him very late. She looked very unhappy. I also think the kid was telling our staff and fellow recruits he was all AU.

I dont think he ever really intended to sign with Auburn and his father's BS handling of the last week or so of his recruitment seems to confirm my suspicions. They had promised Gus the last visit and reneged on that promise by allowing bamas staff to horn in. That gave me cause for pause.

Check my post Blue. What do you think?

My suggestion to anybody who questions the integrity of the "insiders" associated with this site and all the other sites is to not pay attention to what the insiders say next year. Or better yet, insiders, just don't pass on any information that you get next year. Then see how many people are begging for any information they can get. JMO.

Yeah, I read it but I dont care what perceptions are or whose laughing at Auburn but when we get played by a kid just because he can play us..it bothers the s*** out of me. And, I believe that's exactly what happened. I hope he rides the pines over there with his bud Reuben....he's only competing with about 15 others guys for PT. Sometimes when you lose you win. We'll see but, IMO Im just glad the whole dog and pony show his dad orchestrated is over.

Yeah, I read it but I dont care what perceptions are or whose laughing at Auburn but when we get played by a kid just because he can play us..it bothers the s*** out of me. And, I believe that's exactly what happened. I hope he rides the pines over there with his bud Reuben....he's only competing with about 15 others guys for PT. Sometimes when you lose you win. We'll see but, IMO Im just glad the whole dog and pony show his dad orchestrated is over.

I'm with you.

I really dont care what happened with him. I forgot about him when he committed to bama. I hope his career is a bust. Nothing against him, I actually think he is a good guy, his father was the problem. He is probably the reason he wanted to get out of town.

We got the best LB in the state in Tre. Bama always has good LB, they will with him. I don't really care. Next year is going to be big recruiting, and this year was surprisingly good as was last year. Thats what you get with good coaches, good recruiting classes, but better on the field results.

I'm with you.

i agree with all this

My suggestion to anybody who questions the integrity of the "insiders" associated with this site and all the other sites is to not pay attention to what the insiders say next year. Or better yet, insiders, just don't pass on any information that you get next year. Then see how many people are begging for any information they can get. JMO.

There has been a backlash which is ridiculous. Our "insiders" are on a free board offering information that took work to get. Anyone who is upset with insiders, just follow AL.com or worse to get your information. "food was horrible and portions so small".

I really dont care what happened with him. I forgot about him when he committed to bama. I hope his career is a bust. Nothing against him, I actually think he is a good guy, his father was the problem. He is probably the reason he wanted to get out of town.

We got the best LB in the state in Tre. Bama always has good LB, they will with him. I don't really care. Next year is going to be big recruiting, and this year was surprisingly good as was last year. Thats what you get with good coaches, good recruiting classes, but better on the field results.

I believe he did want to get away from the old man and now he goes back into obscurity. The mom looked not happy. WDE Forget Him

re and alan didn't like the star postion and didn't think it fit his skill set. he wanted to rush and blitz as linebacker not some hybrid safety postion. that was the difference.

re and alan didn't like the star postion and didn't think it fit his skill set. he wanted to rush and blitz as linebacker not some hybrid safety postion. that was the difference.

Thats fine-they should have told the AU staff that and gone about their business. In the end they cheapened the process by the way they conducted business.

I agree alan played us because he was butt hurt over how his carreer fell apart and blamed auburn deep inside.

I dont see how he can hold Auburn accountable for anything. I mean after he transferred to UTC he couldn't win the starting job there and that says a lot about him as a player.

There has been a backlash which is ridiculous. Our "insiders" are on a free board offering information that took work to get. Anyone who is upset with insiders, just follow AL.com or worse to get your information. "food was horrible and portions so small".

the only problem I had was not with insiders giving info but when someone tried to say something different then what the insiders said they were cut to pieces and called a bammer from many on this board.

RE will need another 20+ pounds to be effective in that roll.

I agree alan played us because he was butt hurt over how his carreer fell apart and blamed auburn deep inside.

I dont see how he can hold Auburn accountable for anything. I mean after he transferred to UTC he couldn't win the starting job there and that says a lot about him as a player.

yeah I know he had like 500 yards that year I think but only like 45 yards at auburn the year before

Few things. As late as last night my one and only contact, (a coordinator) felt like Evans was still coming our way. He felt this way because everything RE said was in that direction. Heck, RE even talked to Cass minutes before the signing talking about coming to auburn.

His dad does still harbor bad feelings. If that's the case then well done sir, you got us. If you are so hurt that you weren't good enough to play over an all star backfield , just think about your son's chances at UAT. Also, I would never teach my son to jerk a team around like that, ever. That said, I am so stoked about B smith coming which was the exact opposite...a kid who acted on his word.

he will pack that on by the end of next year. whats funny is foster and evans can't both play until the other linebackers are gone. I am not even sure foster will play much next year maybe as a backup

I dont recall yeldon actually playing us, did he do anything that said otherwise? People flip and get flipped all the time. Auburn has flipped their fair share

Where have you been on this topic?? He was "committed" to us, not goin anywhere, telling everybody he was goin to Auburn.... the evening before "dead period" that December he switched to Bama, and our staff couldn't contact him or talk to him about it at all. It was completely orchestrated by bammer. Check your facts bro

bro.... I wasnt in the states at that time. that stuff didnt make it to the AFN network. When I ask a question I do not need to be trolled like I questioned a "spot-on insider."

Sorry to make it seem like an attack...guess Im still a little touchy after the last few days. Pardon my wording. Not trying to "troll" you or anything.

War Eagle brother.

I agree.

he will pack that on by the end of next year. whats funny is foster and evans can't both play until the other linebackers are gone. I am not even sure foster will play much next year maybe as a backup

I think Evans is the future of OLB there with C Miller bc they can play in space and rush the qb. That said they're gonna have a hell of a lot of space to defend against AU with all the talented skill players that are gonna be there in the coming years. His loss, AU will win consecutive iron bowls with him on the losing sideline.

This was personal, regardless of what anyone thinks. He and his father played AU plain and simple, but that's ok because the more I think about it he's not a leader anyway! He said he didn't want the pressure from the whole town of signing to AU on his shoulders. Well, that tells me he's a follower! And man that follows man is not a leader, the guys that committed to AU are because they had plenty of chances to go to bama but made up their own minds instead of being a puppet. I am very thankful to those we have signed today! And I hope in the future we let recruits in this state know from now on that; u either ride with us or collide with us, the choice is yours!!! The grass is not always greener on the other side, WDE

Archived