Biggest "insider miss" in recruiting history?

aushrink

You people are nuts. We are talking about a hs football player. He made his choice and even though it was wrong IMO we need to respect it and move on. Look at our class - it is awesome.

And as far as insiders - they do what they can. Kids change their minds sometimes. It is recruiting.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a bigger picture than just his choice. Believe whatever you wish to believe but, if he told the AU staff he was in, and it is believed he did, then I see no honor in the way he conducted himself in that regard.

I believe that it's absolutely pathetic to get as upset about where a high school kid chooses to attend college as many Auburn fans are today. I believe it's even worse that they would choose to cast aspersions on that kid because of hearsay.

Rashaan Evans choosing Alabama is not the worst thing that has happened to Auburn today. It's how Auburn fans have reacted to it.

Ditto. And how Auburn fans on this board reacted to ppl over the past few weeks who predicted he would sign with bama... "fatalists!" "paranoid!!" "our insiders say Auburn and thats enougn for me! these guys are runing around screaming the sky is falling. LOL! E says Auburn! 23 says 'Evans to Auburn unless something crazy happens, which it wont' so what else do you need??"

i was shocked that ppl werent permitted to give their opinion even if it was unpopular. and turns out, they were right.

I never offered an opinion before because i didn't have one but, ironically, the same thing is happening afterward as before. I have an opinion now and am being chastised for it. It is what it is.

I'm not mad or dissapointedd with any "insiders" here as the info is provided free of charge.. I would really be irratated if I paid hard earned money to those all knowing pay sites who were falling all over each other guaranteeing they knew what he was gonna do.

I find it amusing actually. I don't like that Auburn lost out on a talented kid. At the same time I cannot help but chuckle at how many people wound up eating a big helping of crow, especially after they trashed the ones who even suggested RE might go to Alabama. I despise arrogance regardless of whether it comes from Alabama or Auburn.

You people are nuts. We are talking about a hs football player. He made his choice and even though it was wrong IMO we need to respect it and move on. Look at our class - it is awesome.

And as far as insiders - they do what they can. Kids change their minds sometimes. It is recruiting.

As far as insiders.......they are an extremely rare breed and there are a very few of them. Far less than are given credit for on this board (and several others).

wde

Its a bigger picture than just his choice. Believe whatever you wish to believe but, if he told the AU staff he was in, and it is believed he did, then I see no honor in the way he conducted himself in that regard.

I believe that it's absolutely pathetic to get as upset about where a high school kid chooses to attend college as many Auburn fans are today. I believe it's even worse that they would choose to cast aspersions on that kid because of hearsay.

Rashaan Evans choosing Alabama is not the worst thing that has happened to Auburn today. It's how Auburn fans have reacted to it.

Ditto. And how Auburn fans on this board reacted to ppl over the past few weeks who predicted he would sign with bama... "fatalists!" "paranoid!!" "our insiders say Auburn and thats enougn for me! these guys are runing around screaming the sky is falling. LOL! E says Auburn! 23 says 'Evans to Auburn unless something crazy happens, which it wont' so what else do you need??"

i was shocked that ppl werent permitted to give their opinion even if it was unpopular. and turns out, they were right.

I never offered an opinion before because i didn't have one but, ironically, the same thing is happening afterward as before. I have an opinion now and am being chastised for it. It is what it is.

Happens here all the time, unfortunately. my least favorite part of this board. Whatever you do, NEVER disagree with the "insiders."

It would be fun to get a group of adults, mostly men, together and react the words of some of these threads, video it, and post online. It would be funny, sad, and cringe worthy.

Happens here all the time, unfortunately. my least favorite part of this board. Whatever you do, NEVER disagree with the "insiders."

Well, its not any insiders that are giving me a hard time.

At least one other person gets it.

Well, its not any insiders that are giving me a hard time.

No, not them, but their sycophants will get you! lol

I dont think either of you get what the heartburn is about here

LOL, I agree, the "insiders" are the ones with "no clothes". This happens on every message board, not just this one. Mark Murphy is the best AU guy on the net in situations like recruiting/coaching changes, etc because he is ultra conservative. He is extremely hesitant to post rumor/speculation/BS unless he has confirmed from multiple sources it is true. He may miss out on a "scoop" now and then, but it is a rare occurrence when he is made out to be a fool.

wde

If you have heartburn today, you really need to find better ways to spend your time. In fact, I'm a bit embarrassed that I'm still participating in this conversation. Easy enough fix for that.

Later, y'all. WDE.

If you have heartburn today, you really need to find better ways to spend your time. In fact, I'm a bit embarrassed that I'm still participating in this conversation. Easy enough fix for that.

Later, y'all. WDE.

I dont have heartburn-thats just an expression but Im not embarrassed about anything.

WDEWDE said he had a good source that said Bama a few days ago. This was one of the weirdest recruitments I've seen. This board and other places were pumping 80-90-100% AU. Yet, there was a small faction of people who seemed to have other sources saying Bama.

I am not mad at Rashaan for picking Bama. He is allowed to choose where he wants to go. If he wasn't sold on Auburn than that's the way it goes sometimes. The frustrating part is all the contradicting reports....and it now appears that he or Alan played somebody. This would not be the first time an eventual Bama commit played Auburn in the process and that's frustrating.

The bad part is... We have a great class!

The only thing anyone will remember about this recruiting cycle is getting played by Evans!

We have a great class, but we are a laughing stock. ESPN is laughing at the fact that a signee profile was leaked to the public, and the kid signed with our rival...

That's my issue with today... Our signees are being over-shadowed in the media by this home town three ring circus.

The only thing anyone will remember about this recruiting cycle is getting played by Evans!

We have a great class, but we are a laughing stock. ESPN is laughing at the fact that a signee profile was leaked to the public, and the kid signed with our rival...

That's my issue with today... Our signees are being over-shadowed in the media by this home town three ring circus.

The website thing is on Auburn, not Evans. I agree it does sting, but more importantly over shadows the class we are getting.

^^^^Word^^^^

Not only that, but we need friggin linebackers. And don't tell me he was going to be a "star" because it's basically the same thing.

Totally agree.. We focused so much on this kid, we did not go after another recruit, nor celebrated the other great new Tigers we have.

We were played, we played ourselves, and allowed ourselves to be played. Let's hope we all learned our lesson.

If a recruit wants to play games, let them go and refocus our efforts on those who show genuine interest and do not ask competing coaches to join them at an event. I know Evans is a huge talent, but we should not allow ourselves to get into a position to be played. It is going to happen from time to time and there is nothing you can do about it. That being said, this recruitment was over the line.

The website thing is on Auburn, not Evans. I agree does sting, but more importantly over shadows the class we are getting.

The entire thing is on Auburn. Yes, we signed great Auburn men. However, perception is Auburn is going to end up having a bad day.

Archived