Biggest "insider miss" in recruiting history?

aushrink

That trooper interfering is a bunch of crap. Own up to it. We just didn't sign him

Yeah who knows what the deal with that was. If everyone felt like it was truly 50/50 then I don't think people would be as upset. But all the insiders were pumping AU for sure, and so that means someone played Auburn the whole time and that is what is frustrating.

Or how about that the "insiders" are just fans like anyone else who have maybe "secondary sources" (ppl who know ppl who know evans/family/coaches) but not "primary sources" (Evans himself, his family, the actual coaches) and that they hear things and report them and it makes for fun but doesnt really carry any weight. and thats all fine, because most of them even admit that and give the disclaimer. however, it is frustrating when an "insider" says something like "this player is coming FOR SURE unless something crazy happens, which it wont!"

i mean, unless you're Rashaan Evans, his mom or his dad, it is highly unlikely that you could say something like that with such assurance.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@cole: I am not trying to start something up, but it is fact that a certain former coach was influencing Rashaan not to go to Auburn. Sorry, recruiting is a dirty business, and it hurts a team who fired a coach who has a son who goes to the same school as one of Auburn's biggest targets in about 10 years....

I dont really see why you keep pimpin this angle. Do you think it somehow makes the decision more honorable? I sure as hell dont!

How is his decision dishonorable?

The only thing I find dishonor in today is Auburn fans defaming a high school kid for choosing what he thinks is best for him and his family.

Its a bigger picture than just his choice. Believe whatever you wish to believe but, if he told the AU staff he was in, and it is believed he did, then I see no honor in the way he conducted himself in that regard.

fwiw, he told the coaches he was in.

I had a buddy tell me this just a couple minutes ago as well. Wasn't sure if he was 100% or not. I believe him now. Thank ya sir.

Stay tuned, there's more to the story!

Going to college 10 mins from your parents house I felt was always the primary issue. It may have been much more complicated decision than that, but for most teenagers, not really.

I'm not mad or dissapointedd with any "insiders" here as the info is provided free of charge.. I would really be irratated if I paid hard earned money to those all knowing pay sites who were falling all over each other guaranteeing they knew what he was gonna do.

I find it amusing actually. I don't like that Auburn lost out on a talented kid. At the same time I cannot help but chuckle at how many people wound up eating a big helping of crow, especially after they trashed the ones who even suggested RE might go to Alabama. I despise arrogance regardless of whether it comes from Alabama or Auburn.

and that is a troubling fact IMO that makes his decision look tainted. A kid that will lie now lacks integrity and with all the drama surrounding this kids recruitment I dont fell like we missed much. Obviously a great athlete, but thats not all we're looking for nor even close to all that matters. We're better off IMO as hard a pill as that is to swallow right about now.

I don't always agree with you, but you are spot on

I had a buddy tell me this just a couple minutes ago as well. Wasn't sure if he was 100% or not. I believe him now. Thank ya sir.

Stay tuned, there's more to the story!

Ha, oh I'm sure there is.

and that is a troubling fact IMO that makes his decision look tainted. A kid that will lie now lacks integrity and with all the drama surrounding this kids recruitment I dont fell like we missed much. Obviously a great athlete, but thats not all we're looking for nor even close to all that matters. We're better off IMO as hard a pill as that is to swallow right about now.

Nothing against Bird but his original post is still conjecture. We have no clue if RE said directly he was in or just gave them the impression that he was. As hard as it maybe for you to swallow, I hardly think you call the kid a liar.

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson 39m

Evans said he decided last night on #Alabama, but had second thoughts today and brought an #Auburn hat to the table, still unsure #RivalsNSD

You could see it on his face, he's still not 100% on either school. Probably best thing to do is sign someone's LOI and let it be done.

Nothing against Bird but his original post is still conjecture. We have no clue if RE said directly he was in or just gave them the impression that he was. As hard as it maybe for you to swallow, I hardly think you call the kid a liar.

I think we do have a clue and, BTW, Im not upset about his call. it is what it is.

He most Definantly told coaches he was in!!

Its a bigger picture than just his choice. Believe whatever you wish to believe but, if he told the AU staff he was in, and it is believed he did, then I see no honor in the way he conducted himself in that regard.

I believe that it's absolutely pathetic to get as upset about where a high school kid chooses to attend college as many Auburn fans are today. I believe it's even worse that they would choose to cast aspersions on that kid because of hearsay.

Rashaan Evans choosing Alabama is not the worst thing that has happened to Auburn today. It's how Auburn fans have reacted to it.

I believe that it's absolutely pathetic to get as upset about where a high school kid chooses to attend college as many Auburn fans are today. I believe it's even worse that they would choose to cast aspersions on that kid because of hearsay.

Rashaan Evans choosing Alabama is not the worst thing that has happened to Auburn today. It's how Auburn fans have reacted to it.

If u give ur word it's suppose to be ur bond! That's why his profile was up on an AU sports page before he announced bama! He told coaches he was in!

Where did you get that i was upset. You copied my post but you need to point out where i said i was upset. Im not upset eve a little bit as I have no problem with the kid going wherever he wishes. if you wish to ignore a lot of what happened surrounding this melodramatic event that's your call.

Ditto. And how Auburn fans on this board reacted to ppl over the past few weeks who predicted he would sign with bama... "fatalists!" "paranoid!!" "our insiders say Auburn and thats enougn for me! these guys are runing around screaming the sky is falling. LOL! E says Auburn! 23 says 'Evans to Auburn unless something crazy happens, which it wont' so what else do you need??"

i was shocked that ppl werent permitted to give their opinion even if it was unpopular. and turns out, they were right.

wait wait wait told the AU coaches he was in before the announcement?? or since the announcement? big difference obviously. anyone shed light on this?

Yes, it happened

No, no. I see that it happened. But, WHEN? Before he announced or AFTER? As in, has he changed his mind?

wait wait wait told the AU coaches he was in before the announcement?? or since the announcement? big difference obviously. anyone shed light on this?

Yes, it happened

No, no. I see that it happened. But, WHEN? Before he announced or AFTER? As in, has he changed his mind?

It was before

Archived