AU vs. Alabama State

RunInRed

ASU is a pretty good team, guys. Don't let the name fool you. They are built around a lot of Latin American ball players who compliment each other well and they are seasoned. I'm not making excuses, but last season you could see where ASU was headed. They could end up in a regional and cause problems.

And...we start 5 Freshman, which tells you where we are right now.

Auburn should never lose to ASU. We are in the SEC, should play like it, and win like it!

• 3 weeks later...

OK...time for some payback this evening. ASU is not a real pushover.....has some pretty good wins so far this year....

AU up 3-2 now....hitting the ball with a little power tonight.

9 errors in the past two games.....some major work to be done.

Let's wait to see what line up is on the field friday night.

Austin was at 3rd and made three of the errors. Think that's a bit of the problem?

Austin was at 3rd and made three of the errors. Think that's a bit of the problem?

Maybe it's position. Tomscha was there the night before and had two, although neither were fielding issues.

Maybe it's position. Tomscha was there the night before and had two, although neither were fielding issues.

I only saw a portion of the errors....but most that I saw were throwing errors....over-throws or into the dirt at first. That kind of thing is usually mental isn't it? There have been a few major league players that could not make the throw from 2nd to first and a catcher that could not throw the ball back to the pitcher reliably.

As I said, Austin was out of position, because he is deadly from behind the plate. Tomscha hasn't played third this season, has he?

The throw third to first is one long ass throw, especially when you're not used to making it...

As I said, Austin was out of position, because he is deadly from behind the plate. Tomscha hasn't played third this season, has he?

The throw third to first is one long ass throw, especially when you're not used to making it...

Tomscha started the year at third. He was the starting third baseman last year for most games. Connor Short's hot hitting a few weeks ago really put a mix-up on the line up

Ah, thanks for the correction.I only get to follow the games via twitter (and thankfully they do a great job!) so I didn't really know where Tomscha was positioned!

Then to me, no excuse

To be honest, I see a team struggling but getting better. A coach that is trying to find what line up he trusts to go to battle for him.

I'm with Mike on this: Galloway needs a couple of his own recruiting classes, and I think we'll see some really good ball played

Thomsha who has been regular at 3rd but Connor Short has been there too....they, along with Glevenyak at SS have the most errors.....but then again, they have the most fielding chances too I guess....so that is to be expected. But I think a good percent of the errors I've seen have been throwing errors.

To be honest, I see a team struggling but getting better. A coach that is trying to find what line up he trusts to go to battle for him.

Preach.

I, for one can live with that. Somewhere, somehow the struggle was given up on last year (or maybe the year before).

If nothing else, we needed a new "whip" man. Pretty sure Golloway swings a mean one.

Of all the things that can be improved upon during the season .... I would assume fielding/throwing would be it. Hopefully those kids are trying too hard and they settle in.

Normally I would have thought that would have happened by now but CSG has really been pushing their buttons ... Mainly between those that are between their ears. I could see the players needing a little extra time to settle on with their playing after settling in mentally to the new coaches demanding approach

Archived