AU vs. Alabama State

RunInRed

Hornets take the lead on a bunt single with the bases loaded. Camp in a serious jam down 1-0 with no outs.

Bunt from Alabama State carries into shallow right field for a single. Now 2-0 Hornets over Auburn in the sixth.

Camp walks in the third run of the inning for Alabama State. His day is done as Reid Carter comes in for the Tigers with the bases loaded

Carter gets out of the jam after stabbing a liner back up the middle to end the inning. Tigers down 3-0 to Alabama State

Leadoff double by Anfernee Grier to open the bottom of the sixth for the Tigers. Auburn's first extra-base hit of the season.

Ryan Tella drives home Grier with a sac fly to put Auburn on the board. Tigers trail Alabama State 3-1 in the sixth.

@ITATJason

Back-to-back hit batters (Tomscha, Shaffer) and the tying run comes to the plate in Blake Austin. 1 out, B7.

ASU goes to the bullpen. RHP Hunter McIntosh will be the Hornets' 5th pitcher of the day.

@AUTigerBaseball

Blake Austin doubles into the gap in left center....scores two runs....Auburn now trails 4-3. Bottom 7th and 1 out. Austin on 2nd...

No excuse to lose to Alabama State....none. CSG needs to blister some butts.....

He doesn't have any particular butts to blister. If ever an Auburn coach was left with a bare cupboard, it was Sunny. Fortunately, it doesn't take long to turn a college baseball team around but to expect much this year is just not reasonable. Being in the season's fourth game before the team gets an extra-base hit says all anyone needs to know about the level of talent available.

ASU is a pretty good team, guys. Don't let the name fool you. They are built around a lot of Latin American ball players who compliment each other well and they are seasoned. I'm not making excuses, but last season you could see where ASU was headed. They could end up in a regional and cause problems.

And...we start 5 Freshman, which tells you where we are right now.

No excuse to lose to Alabama State....none. CSG needs to blister some butts.....

He doesn't have any particular butts to blister. If ever an Auburn coach was left with a bare cupboard, it was Sunny. Fortunately, it doesn't take long to turn a college baseball team around but to expect much this year is just not reasonable. Being in the season's fourth game before the team gets an extra-base hit says all anyone needs to know about the level of talent available.

I think you mentioned recently your baseball background. Do you mind expanding on that just a little. What levels you were at and how long? I'll admit I was blindly optimistic this year. Based a lot on this latest class and SG's rhetoric. I get a feeling I am going to really have to watch what you baseball guys write this season to see where the positives are and where the reasonable criticisms are.

There is no denying SG has a strong resume. It also goes along with some unfavorable rumors of him being coarse. Hope the players have some backbone because based on the post game quotes I read, it sounds like the players and the assistant coaches will need to be prepared to eat some humble pie. Cuz they are going to get an earful routinely until they do what he expects.

Four games into the season...Golloway is going to find out who will battle for him. This team was coddled for five years, so yes it's going to be a strain.

But I would way rather find out now who can withstand the pressure than wait until conference play. I'm not sure we can hope for more out of this year than to find five 5-6 guys (pitchers and position) that have a little nasty in them.

I had a player tell me Tuesday night at the open, and I quote.."Coach Golloway has a system in place. We like that! We never had that before. We just came in here and played ball"

Archived