Two other names for the HC job I'd consider

Guest jojo1515

Im on board with either Bruce or Pearl. Either one is fine by me :)

Dont know anything about either of them, but Colorodo is a long way from the SEC. He would have to be one heck of a recruiter...

Saul Phillips is my choice, North Dakota State. We need to build a program around a system and player dedication. From the Bo Ryan pipeline he would be ideal. He can build what Tony Bennett built at Virginia, an all around solid basketball team that thrives on being a team and playing together.

Bring in a coach who has had at least 5 seasons of 20 or more wins. This could be 5 seasons out of 8 or 9 seasons combined. I know it is rare for a coach to step in and have 5 straight 20 plus wins. It sometimes takes a coach 2 or more years to make it to the NIT. After that, we expect him to make the NCAA within 3-4 seasons. After that, he should at least make it to the NCAA 3 out of 5 seasons.

Bring in a coach who has had at least 5 seasons of 20 or more wins. This could be 5 seasons out of 8 or 9 seasons combined. I know it is rare for a coach to step in and have 5 straight 20 plus wins. It sometimes takes a coach 2 or more years to make it to the NIT. After that, we expect him to make the NCAA within 3-4 seasons. After that, he should at least make it to the NCAA 3 out of 5 seasons.

How much would it cost to bring in a guy with that resume, to turn this ship around....unless it was Pearl or Tubby, not gonna happen.....need to commit to a coach with a plan and a system they believe in and that is why I bring in Phillips, if you can develop talent in the Dakotas, finding kids that fit your system and strive to get better and developing team chemistry will win over the fans that think things can just change over night.....a new shoe deal would help things too!!

My favorite among realistic choices (as I posted in January), Steve Prohm, Murray State. Georgia boy, worked as an assistant in the SEC, recruits pretty well, as head coach has upset heavily favored teams. Energetic. Only 3 years as head coach but has 31, 21 and 18 wins. Pearl may be realistic but I'm one of those heretics thinking winning doesn't have to mean slimey. And getting Pearl for 3 years tops is dicey strategy too. IMHO.

And your realistic options that meet your criteria include whom?

Archived