Cutcliffe fired at Ole Miss

irnimrod

Cutcliffe out at Ole Miss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RebelGrove.com & OMSN.com Staff Report

Ole Miss will announce that head coach David Cutcliffe has been dismissed at a 3:30 p.m. (CT) news conference Wednesday.

Link to ESPN story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1936031

I just dont understand why he is being labeled in the papers and internet as "fired" or "let go" when it had been discussed for years about him leaving due to his pancreatic cancer and health problems.

I was under the impression he was "retiring".

just my $0.02

no! look at the coach at cleveland.

college/nfl football dictionary:

retire (n) 1. a coach being forced to retire or else... 2. to old or sick to continue or else... 3. a college being respectful to a coach without using the word fired.

as used in a sentence:

Despite mediocracy the last few years Joe Perterno will retire at the end of the year.

no!  look at the coach at cleveland.

college/nfl football dictionary:

retire (n) 1. a coach being forced to retire or else... 2.  to old or sick to continue or else... 3. a college being respectful to a coach without using the word fired.

as used in a sentence:

Despite mediocracy the last few years Joe Perterno will retire at the end of the year.

128043[/snapback]

wouldnt reire be a verb?

These firings are not good for us, someone is going to snap up Borges and/or Chizik...

128075[/snapback]

I agree. But thankfully the signed contracts when they both were hired.

Moreover, the schools must have permission to speak with these coaches.

Not sure that CTT didnt foresee this in his hiring.

If what another poster said about borges being on a 2 yr contract is true, we might be ok for another year.

Schools like FSU and PSU have had success over the years b/c coaches stuck with the program year in and year out and established once cellar-dwellar schools to national prominance.

Lets hope they stay. they have reached the top of the mountain, now let them breathe the air.

snot nosed puppy coach would have some talented players to work with there too!

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::moon::poke:

Nuehiesel could be on the list. Goes there to rebuild his career, then moves on.

Cutcliffe was a One Trick Pony. He lost manning and lost 7 games this year. He was in over his head for 6years. CTT's recruits kept him doing well for a while, then Manning.

Cut could be back at UT as OC soon too. Would not surprise me at all.

Archived