2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

The 4.34 is probably nonsense, but even if you add two tenths, that's still plenty fast to stretch the field. Mike Evans is a 4.5 guy.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 4.34 is probably nonsense, but even if you add two tenths, that's still plenty fast to stretch the field. Mike Evans is a 4.5 guy.

Truitt can stretch the field as well. He was most likely the fastest in our last class and a state champion in track. He is not very tall though. I would rather see Truitt on swing passes and jet sweeps though.

• 2 weeks later...

Those that watch on know Johnson, is or do you anticipate him to be SEC next year? As much as Chubb or even Roc?

He might be but we will not know given all the RB depth on the team. If he contributes as a freshman it's much more likely catching passes IMO.

Those that watch on know Johnson, is or do you anticipate him to be SEC next year? As much as Chubb or even Roc?

He might be but we will not know given all the RB depth on the team. If he contributes as a freshman it's much more likely catching passes IMO.

I think so too, considering Jovon will be part of the team too.

Yes, I see Roc, and Jovon as the primary backs, but Chubb was getting some good carries for Georgia as the third back this year. I am lookng forward to Johnson being on the plains, just trying to get a measuring stick on him.

Yes, I see Roc, and Jovon as the primary backs, but Chubb was getting some good carries for Georgia as the third back this year. I am lookng forward to Johnson being on the plains, just trying to get a measuring stick on him.

Gus does not usually do that. He usually finds 1 or 2 and rides them. If there is a 3rd back contributing next year Barber is much more likely.

Very exciting! Going to need a healthy OL. Losing Kozan really hurt IMO.

Kovan should be back in the lineup when these kids play their first AU ball.

E. , maybe you can answer a question I have. When Tre was leaving early, he said we were in good hands, that a running back was better than him, & that back was- Peyton Barber. Barber doesn't even get mop up duty, what's up?

E. , maybe you can answer a question I have. When Tre was leaving early, he said we were in good hands, that a running back was better than him, & that back was- Peyton Barber. Barber doesn't even get mop up duty, what's up?

Roc and Jovon were not on campus yet at that point. Both Roc and Jovon can do it all when they are at their best, inside and outside. Both have elite potential. Some who cover the program think Roc will win the starting job over Jovon and PB. Jovon had a great first year at juco but along with having a bad OL this year Jovon has bulked up with 15 unnecessary pounds and has lost some quickness as a result. AU will get Jovon at the playing weight they want when he gets here.

Where does Peyton Barber fit into the grand scheme of things next year?

Battling Roc and Jovon.

thanks o wise one!!!

Where does Peyton Barber fit into the grand scheme of things next year?

Battling Roc and Jovon.

thanks o wise one!!!

Preciate the compliment but I'm not wise. I just read a lot and usually have a good memory.

• 4 weeks later...

Kerryon had 3 carries for 122 yards and 2 TD's last night night. Yes...3 carries for 122. :) He also had 2 INT's one of which he returned for another TD. Didn't play in the second half to boot. Whoa.

Kerryon had 3 carries for 122 yards and 2 TD's last night night. Yes...3 carries for 122. :)/> He also had 2 INT's one of which he returned for another TD. Didn't play in the second half to boot. Whoa.

I guess this Johnson kid must be pretty good. War Eagle

Archived