2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game was a cakewalk. MA way outmanned that team. Nothing to worry about. Expect LJ to not put up big numbers in games like this.

any chance KJ sees the field in a Ricardo Louis/ jet sweep type role early on? Our backfield should be stacked, but he has looked good catching the ball and seems like too good of an athlete not to get him on the field somehow

any chance KJ sees the field in a Ricardo Louis/ jet sweep type role early on? Our backfield should be stacked, but he has looked good catching the ball and seems like too good of an athlete not to get him on the field somehow

I think he would make a great receiver.

Me to, his cousin is jordan mathews( possibly the greatest receiver ever in the SEC)

Me to, his cousin is jordan mathews( possibly the greatest receiver ever in the SEC)

Really, had no idea. He is one of my favorite WR to play in the SEC. I still remember him catching a pass take a huge hit, throwing up,on the field, then playing (well) the rest of the game. I'm looking for good things out of him in Philly this season.

Really, had no idea. He is one of my favorite WR to play in the SEC. I still remember him catching a pass take a huge hit, throwing up,on the field, then playing (well) the rest of the game. I'm looking for good things out of him in Philly this season.

Jordan Matthews mom and Jerry Rice are first cousins which helps explain Jordan and Kerryon's great receiving abilities. I really like Kerryons possibilities as being a receiver or safety if he can't break the running back rotation at AU. Kids just a remarkable athlete that I hope to see at AU next year.

Jordan Matthews mom and Jerry Rice are first cousins which helps explain Jordan and Kerryon's great receiving abilities. I really like Kerryons possibilities as being a receiver or safety if he can't break the running back rotation at AU. Kids just a remarkable athlete that I hope to see at AU next year.

He looks like a RB to me.

:dunno:

He looks like a RB to me.

:dunno:/>

I want to get our best skill players on the field quickly. Positions can change.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice find Britt and thanks for the article. Got to love a border line 5* player that talks about wanting to come in a work to get better! Seems like one of those sure to be successful types!

whichever role he plays is whatever...just glad to say he's gonna be on our team!!!!! :wareagle:

Nice posts guys. It seems like with running back well stacked we are looking at him as an offensive weapon. Maybe a future Percy harvin or tavon Austin.

New All-American Kerryon Johnson expects to play multiple positions for Auburn

MADISON, Alabama -- Kerryon Johnson is officially an Under Armour All-American.

The Auburn commit accepted his invitation Wednesday morning at Madison Academy as family, friends coaches and classmates turned out to show their support.

"I'm very excited," Johnson said after putting on his game jersey. "Not every athlete gets to go through this. I have to use it to my advantage and keep it up, it's a high standard to live up to.

"Being able to be recognized as one of the (top 90) athletes all over the country, that's huge."

Johnson, a versatile 6-foot, 200-pound athlete is one of five Auburn pledges who will participate in the Under Armour All-American game in St. Petersburg, Fla. The other Tiger commits expected to play are offensive lineman Bailey Sharp, safety Jordan Colbert, linebackerRichard McBryde and athlete D'Anfernee McGriff.

Johnson is still being recruited by other schools, particularly Alabama, but his commitment to Auburn appears firm.

"It's so relaxing knowing you don't have to take visits every week to try to figure out where I want to go," he said. "Knowing you have a school that's going to accept you that you know you want to go is such a relaxation. I get to enjoy my senior football season."

As for his future career at Auburn, Johnson says the coaching staff on the Plains plan on giving him playing time at both running back and slot receiver.The Mr. Football candidate, has led Madison Academy to back-to-back Class 3A state championships while racking up 3,500 rushing yards and 60 touchdowns in his first three seasons. He is ranked second on AL.com's annual "A-List" of the top senior football prospects and plays multiple positions for the Mustangs (4-1), including running back, receiver, kick returner and cornerback.

"That really depends on how quickly I can learn the offense," he said. "If you don't know what you're doing, you're never going to play. So that depends on me more than anything, getting into the system and working hard."

Johnson says he's confident in his hands after having played multiple positions in high school, which could give him an advantage when he's fighting for reps in Gus Malzahn's offensive scheme.

"It's not going to be anything new coming into college," He said. "I'm going to know how to play the position and going to have experience there that a lot of other pure running backs don't get. I feel like that gives me a chance to get more playing time early, because of the different things I can do."

The Under Armour All-America Game is set for Jan. 2 in St. Petersburg, Fla. and will be broadcast nationally by ESPN. Check out the full roster at ESPN.com.

New All-American Kerryon Johnson expects to play multiple positions for Auburn

MADISON, Alabama -- Kerryon Johnson is officially an Under Armour All-American.

The Auburn commit accepted his invitation Wednesday morning at Madison Academy as family, friends coaches and classmates turned out to show their support.

"I'm very excited," Johnson said after putting on his game jersey. "Not every athlete gets to go through this. I have to use it to my advantage and keep it up, it's a high standard to live up to.

"Being able to be recognized as one of the (top 90) athletes all over the country, that's huge."

Johnson, a versatile 6-foot, 200-pound athlete is one of five Auburn pledges who will participate in the Under Armour All-American game in St. Petersburg, Fla. The other Tiger commits expected to play are offensive lineman Bailey Sharp, safety Jordan Colbert, linebackerRichard McBryde and athlete D'Anfernee McGriff.

Johnson is still being recruited by other schools, particularly Alabama, but his commitment to Auburn appears firm.

"It's so relaxing knowing you don't have to take visits every week to try to figure out where I want to go," he said. "Knowing you have a school that's going to accept you that you know you want to go is such a relaxation. I get to enjoy my senior football season."

As for his future career at Auburn, Johnson says the coaching staff on the Plains plan on giving him playing time at both running back and slot receiver.The Mr. Football candidate, has led Madison Academy to back-to-back Class 3A state championships while racking up 3,500 rushing yards and 60 touchdowns in his first three seasons. He is ranked second on AL.com's annual "A-List" of the top senior football prospects and plays multiple positions for the Mustangs (4-1), including running back, receiver, kick returner and cornerback.

"That really depends on how quickly I can learn the offense," he said. "If you don't know what you're doing, you're never going to play. So that depends on me more than anything, getting into the system and working hard."

Johnson says he's confident in his hands after having played multiple positions in high school, which could give him an advantage when he's fighting for reps in Gus Malzahn's offensive scheme.

"It's not going to be anything new coming into college," He said. "I'm going to know how to play the position and going to have experience there that a lot of other pure running backs don't get. I feel like that gives me a chance to get more playing time early, because of the different things I can do."

The Under Armour All-America Game is set for Jan. 2 in St. Petersburg, Fla. and will be broadcast nationally by ESPN. Check out the full roster at ESPN.com.

Nice find! Thanks for posting.

Delightful. Skill players that can change positions and alter matchups without substitution make pace teams so much more dangerous. Just as an example, if you have a guy like Jakell Mitchell as your H-Back with Kerryon Johnson at Slot and either Roc Thomas or Jovon Robinson at RB with any two outside WRs, you can shift into all kinds of formations without giving the D a chance to sub. You could go 4-wide (splitting Mitchell out), single back or two-back with an H-Back offset. That's a great weapon.

That's the quote that stuck out to me. It's exciting to hear about a player taking the onus upon themselves to contribute. I think it will pay large dividends for Kerryon as well given that he will likely be stepping into a crowded backfield.

That's the quote that stuck out to me. It's exciting to hear about a player taking the onus upon themselves to contribute. I think it will pay large dividends for Kerryon as well given that he will likely be stepping into a crowded backfield.

:thumbsup:

So does that mean that your feelings are doing better? ;D

On a serious note, KJ and McGriff being added to other returning talent is going to give Gus a bunch of weapons. Need WR's who can get vertical though to go along with these guys.

So does that mean that your feelings are doing better? ;D

On a serious note, KJ and McGriff being added to other returning talent is going to give Gus a bunch of weapons. Need WR's who can get vertical though to go along with these guys.

Whether you mean stretch-the-field vertical or stretch-the-body vertical, McGriff might be your guy. 6'3, long arms, listed at a 4.34 40 on 247. That absolutely makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. (I know measurables tend to get embellished, but hey, his embellished measurables are more impressive than the next guy's embellished measurables.)

Archived