Auburn commit Jason Smith Arrested

Builder

If the report turns out to be accurate, that may do it for him ever playing for AU.

His mugshot is out there, how much more accurate do ya need? He eluded the police.

It could turn out to be a deal similar to Bessent's. Riding in someone else's car with their dope in it amounts to nothing, IMHO. It could be he was driving, using, and it was his dope. Then we have a 180 degree different situation. I don't think anybody can know what this means until all the facts are known.

Exactly right Mikey. We will all know the details in the next few days.

People don't typically attempt to elude arrest when they've done nothing wrong.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

posted this on the normal Jason page but ill post it here too

No solid evidence but being from mobile and having tons of friends that went to McGill this has been popping up on my facebook and someone said that they talked to JS's uncle and that Jason was in the passenger seat and the weed was found on the driver and the driver was the one the that was obviously driving from the cops so hopefully all of his charges will be dropped and he will be cleared of all wrong doing. If this is the case I hope we dont drop him from the class and instead just keep him under a close eye once he gets on campus like we are doing with KB.

I do, too. But someone needs to talk with these kids about who they hang with. Be smart, y'all!

I agree completely but you also have to remember that these kids that are hanging out with guys that arent the guys they should be hanging out with most of the times have been friends for as long as they remember. Its easy to look at it from the outside and say they shouldnt be friends with them but think back to when you were 18-20 and think about how hard it would be to tell your best friends that you can no longer be friends. and after you do that who would you start to hangout with then? you had hungout with the same people forever and finding new people to hangout with would be hard especially when you dont want to be hanging out with people that are only hanging out with you because you have a chance to make it to the NFL.

also we dont know how much weed they were caught with. In KB's case thats a ton of weed and you cant make an argument that they weren't trying to deal it. If Jason and his friend were caught with a small amount then that doesn't necessarily make either one of them bad people. Yes its illegal but its not harmful, not addictive and is legal is multiple state and will soon be legal everywhere. In my opinion it would be like being caught with alcohol during the prohibition era, its legal but not something that most people aren't doing anyway.

If the report turns out to be accurate, that may do it for him ever playing for AU.

His mugshot is out there, how much more accurate do ya need? He eluded the police.

It could turn out to be a deal similar to Bessent's. Riding in someone else's car with their dope in it amounts to nothing, IMHO. It could be he was driving, using, and it was his dope. Then we have a 180 degree different situation. I don't think anybody can know what this means until all the facts are known.

That's true but as Mikey said, was he driving the car or was he a passenger ? Mikey and I don't know yet. Do you ?

That's true but as Mikey said, was he driving the car or was he a passenger ? Mikey and I don't know yet. Do you ?

go back and read my post. its the last one the 3rd page

Nope, I don't know any more than you guys. But I believe to receive the eluding charge (even if he was a passenger) then Smith would have had to interfere with the arrest of another party, or himself be the target of arrest. Either way, it doesn't look good.

posted this on the normal Jason page but ill post it here too

No solid evidence but being from mobile and having tons of friends that went to McGill this has been popping up on my facebook and someone said that they talked to JS's uncle and that Jason was in the passenger seat and the weed was found on the driver and the driver was the one the that was obviously driving from the cops so hopefully all of his charges will be dropped and he will be cleared of all wrong doing. If this is the case I hope we dont drop him from the class and instead just keep him under a close eye once he gets on campus like we are doing with KB.

If true, he's still a knucklehead. I have to think that the Bessent brouhaha will not help Smith. Anyway, Gus needs to lay down the law with all recruits-if he hasn't already. Here's hoping Smith didn't blow his second shot at being a good guy.

go back and read my post. its the last one the 3rd page

Right I read that after I made the post and that's good info. I hope that turns out to be the case because it will at least give him a chance.

Apparently not ... they arrested him. And if he can't even elude a few cops, how's he gonna run away from SEC defenders? :big:

Apparently not ... they arrested him. And if he can't even elude a few cops, how's he gonna run away from SEC defenders? :big:

m

maybe it was this cop that caught him

AARRGGHH, more painful news. Hey guys, stay sober. You are throwing away millions. There are thousands, maybe millions of folks who wish they were in your shoes, blessed with a talent. You have been given a scholarship to attend the SEC champion Auburn Tigers, the winner of the iron bowl. Coached by Malzahn. Headed for greatness. Time to put away the toys. I'm hoping you will get a third chance, but I won't hold my breath.

I do, too. But someone needs to talk with these kids about who they hang with. Be smart, y'all!

I agree completely but you also have to remember that these kids that are hanging out with guys that arent the guys they should be hanging out with most of the times have been friends for as long as they remember. Its easy to look at it from the outside and say they shouldnt be friends with them but think back to when you were 18-20 and think about how hard it would be to tell your best friends that you can no longer be friends. and after you do that who would you start to hangout with then? you had hungout with the same people forever and finding new people to hangout with would be hard especially when you dont want to be hanging out with people that are only hanging out with you because you have a chance to make it to the NFL.

also we dont know how much weed they were caught with. In KB's case thats a ton of weed and you cant make an argument that they weren't trying to deal it. If Jason and his friend were caught with a small amount then that doesn't necessarily make either one of them bad people. Yes its illegal but its not harmful, not addictive and is legal is multiple state and will soon be legal everywhere. In my opinion it would be like being caught with alcohol during the prohibition era, its legal but not something that most people aren't doing anyway.

Agreed, it would be hard. But hard decisions like not hanging out with friends who could get you in trouble just by being in the same car are the kinds that need to be made. Yes, it is hard to sever ties with long-time friends. But it is also possible to make new friends, and good ones. In cases like this, the stakes are high.

Just look at the Eagles cutting DeSean Jackson for associating with people who have gang ties. There's no evidence Jackson did anything criminal that's gang-related; yet he basically got fired, despite incredible on-field performance. Auburn players need to learn that they've got a chance to make new friends and get a good education (and for some, a lot of money). But that will only happen if they make smart choices.

Okay we have 5 pages of "if it's true...", any recognized confirmation yet? Just saying, in the last 3 months there's been more unsubstantiated scuttle butt on this board than the previous decade.

Okay we have 5 pages of "if it's true...", any recognized confirmation yet? Just saying, in the last 3 months there's been more unsubstantiated scuttle butt on this board than the previous decade.

3 months vs. 10 years? :no:

Agreed, it would be hard. But hard decisions like not hanging out with friends who could get you in trouble just by being in the same car are the kinds that need to be made. Yes, it is hard to sever ties with long-time friends. But it is also possible to make new friends, and good ones. In cases like this, the stakes are high.

Just look at the Eagles cutting DeSean Jackson for associating with people who have gang ties. There's no evidence Jackson did anything criminal that's gang-related; yet he basically got fired, despite incredible on-field performance. Auburn players need to learn that they've got a chance to make new friends and get a good education (and for some, a lot of money). But that will only happen if they make smart choices.

I agree that they should make changes to who they hangout with/ when they hangout with them. I was just saying people make it sound like its something easy to do when its not

If we would just legalize it all our worries would be gone

This part of the discussion needs to be limited to the political forum.

That's a crock of bovine feces. Try being a young black male in this country that's done no wrong.

And about 85% of other schools' worries as well.

Even if it were legal nationwide, the NCAA would probably still keep it as a banned substance for athletes. He wouldn't have legal issues to deal with, but being caught with marijuana would still raise eligibility and character issues that would have to be dealt with.

How long until we start seeing Washington, Wash St, Colorado, Colorado St, etc start attracting a higher caliber of athlete due to the law?

How long until we start seeing Washington, Wash St, Colorado, Colorado St, etc start attracting a higher caliber of athlete due to the law?

Just because those states allow recreational use of marijuana doesn't mean that it is within team rules. I don't think that will ever have a noticeable effect on recruiting.

Just because those states allow recreational use of marijuana doesn't mean that it is within team rules. I don't think that will ever have a noticeable effect on recruiting.

The fact that you can't get arrested for it is kind of a big deal though.

If there's weed involved...

School A: you're going to jail and facing team disciplinary action (generally first marijuana offense means no penalty).

School B: You'll only face team disciplinary issues.

These kids know that its against the law AND team policy and yet continue to partake in it and most of them beat drug tests via synthetic urine or 24 hour detoxes that are readily available in any Smoker Friendly or Tobacco shop. The kids who do indulge themselves in marijuana use find/look for ways to beat the system and not having to deal with law enforcement is clearing one huge hurdle for them. That is how I see it anyways.

**Edit: I am wrong on the synthetic urine part. Players can't use synthetic urine as the drug tester has to physically watch the urine leave the player's body. Which is kind of funny/awkward. I don't think I could do that with an audience.

The fact that you can't get arrested for it is kind of a big deal though.

If there's weed involved...

School A: you're going to jail and facing team disciplinary action (generally first marijuana offense means no penalty).

School B: You'll only face team disciplinary issues.

These kids know that its against the law AND team policy and yet continue to partake in it and most of them beat drug tests via synthetic urine or 24 hour detoxes that are readily available in any Smoker Friendly or Tobacco shop. The kids who do indulge themselves in marijuana use find/look for ways to beat the system and not having to deal with law enforcement is clearing one huge hurdle for them. That is how I see it anyways.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just doubt many kids would factor in the consequences of their actions. I think most of them don't believe they will get caught anyway so their thinking doesn't progress to the next step of consequences/punishment.

Archived