Another Ruby Ridge on the Horizon?

autigeremt

I saw that also. Still, it doesn't mean that there are not some misguided or corrupt nuts in the BLM as well.

I'm just looking forward to when somebody asks him about climate change or evolution. :lol:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man certainly likes attention. :ucrazy:

He said he would continue holding a daily news conference; on Saturday, it drew one reporter and one photographer, so Mr. Bundy used the time to officiate at what was in effect a town meeting with supporters, discussing, in a long, loping discourse, the prevalence of abortion, the abuses of welfare and his views on race.

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

I was wondering why Fox News suddenly lost interest in him.

He said he would continue holding a daily news conference; on Saturday, it drew one reporter and one photographer, so Mr. Bundy used the time to officiate at what was in effect a town meeting with supporters, discussing, in a long, loping discourse, the prevalence of abortion, the abuses of welfare and his views on race.

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

Watching Fox now. They unanimously have lost sympathy. Haven't you?

No, not at all.

No, not at all.

Interesting

No, not at all.

Interesting

Why?

No, not at all.

Interesting

Why?

I simply figured you would have. Why haven't you?

No, not at all.

Interesting

Why?

Could it possibly be I thought he was a deadbeat wacko to begin with?

:-\

The man certainly likes attention. :ucrazy:/>

No, not at all.

Interesting

Why?

:-\/>

Prob. is but it doesn't replace the over aggressive approach by the BLM and the Feds.

Last time I checked, being a red-neck, *****head, bigot isn't grounds to use deadly force. This has nothing to do with him, whether he was right or wrong (which he was wrong); this is about why the BLM has armed agents to begin with and why they thought they needed to deploy them on a simple case like this.

Last time I checked, being a red-neck, *****head, bigot isn't grounds to use deadly force. This has nothing to do with him, whether he was right or wrong (which he was wrong); this is about why the BLM has armed agents to begin with and why they thought they needed to deploy them on a simple case like this.

Nice projection. Is this guy with the BLM?

lead.jpg?n414z8[/font][/color]

Last time I checked, being a red-neck, *****head, bigot isn't grounds to use deadly force.

From this day forth, law enforcement agencies are no longer allowed to carry weapons and shall henceforth resolve all disputes with harsh language. :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with him, whether he was right or wrong (which he was wrong); this is about why the BLM has armed agents to begin...

They are a law enforcement agency.

...with and why they thought they needed to deploy them on a simple case like this.

Bundy threatened deadly force before the roundup. I'm sure the show of force was the result of that.

Beans......if they are a law enforcement agency, why have they waited so long to enforce it? Answer......because a former staffer of Harry Reid, a 33 year old with NO law enforcement experience was named head of BLM and was acting as Reid's stooge in this fiasco because Reid has plans for the land.

There is another interesting scenario developing. The BLM wants to take some land in South Texas. Gov. Perry and the Tex. Attorney Gen. have already warned them........don't mess with Texas.

Beans......if they are a law enforcement agency, why have they waited so long to enforce it?

Mr. Bundy was only warned in the last year to remove his cattle or the BLM, with permission of the court, could seize them.

And they have been trying to enforce it. Do you know how many court orders Mr. Bundy has defied in the last two decades?

Answer......because a former staffer of Harry Reid, a 33 year old with NO law enforcement experience was named head of BLM and was acting as Reid's stooge in this fiasco because Reid has plans for the land....

:rolleyes:

Prove it.

Beans......if they are a law enforcement agency, why have they waited so long to enforce it? Answer......because a former staffer of Harry Reid, a 33 year old with NO law enforcement experience was named head of BLM and was acting as Reid's stooge in this fiasco because Reid has plans for the land.

There is another interesting scenario developing. The BLM wants to take some land in South Texas. Gov. Perry and the Tex. Attorney Gen. have already warned them........don't mess with Texas.

Gov. Rick Perry.... there is a guy we need to really clean things up. = sarcasm

To put your trust in any of these bozo politicians is futile anyway. NONE OF THEM give a crap about the citizens of this country. It's all about money and power, nothing more. I question anyone's intelligence and sanity that believes otherwise.

No, not at all.

Interesting

Why?

:-\

One can only hope.................

Correct! Can't imagine one arguing that point.

Last time I checked, being a red-neck, *****head, bigot isn't grounds to use deadly force.

From this day forth, law enforcement agencies are no longer allowed to carry weapons and shall henceforth resolve all disputes with harsh language. :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with him, whether he was right or wrong (which he was wrong); this is about why the BLM has armed agents to begin...

They are a law enforcement agency.

...with and why they thought they needed to deploy them on a simple case like this.

Bundy threatened deadly force before the roundup. I'm sure the show of force was the result of that.

Uh, forget my last comment. :-\

There are 70 Federal agencies that have law enforcement arms...why? Over 120k Federal Bureaucrat armed. In 1997 it was 60k (still too many). Why does the BLM need armed agents? Why does the EPA need armed agents? The US Forest Service? The Department of Ed? NOAA? Fish and Wildlife? Why the escalation?

I have been able to find 2 statements that Bundy made that could be construed as inflamatory. He said "I will do whatever it takes"...and the "range war" begins. Both of these statements came after over 200 armed agents were set on his cattle and family. If you have one where he said something to this effect beforehand I would love to read it...as I can't find it. If you tased one of my sons for merely taking video of people trying to shoot and confiscate my property, I would likely say worse.

There are a total of about 270 armed or law enforcement BLM agents...they had over 200 at this site....really? This whole thing has been handled as badly as Ruby Ridge and Waco. I would not be surprised that some of the same people are involved (little known fact; many of the same bureaucrats that orchestrated Waco had been involved at Ruby Ridge). Now those two fiasco's were orchestrated by our "real professional" Federal Law enforcement agencies (the FBI and ATF). If they screw things up this badly; what do you think some Mickey Mouse 270 people unit at the BLM will do in a tense situation.

There are 70 Federal agencies that have law enforcement arms...why? Over 120k Federal Bureaucrat armed. In 1997 it was 60k (still too many).

In short, congress did it.

Why does the BLM need armed agents? Why does the EPA need armed agents? The US Forest Service? The Department of Ed? NOAA? Fish and Wildlife?

A few of these are actually game wardens that should be armed given the nature of their work. The Department of Education, the EPA and others conduct investigations, serve warrants and may have to make an arrest from time to time.

Why the escalation?

:dunno: I do see your point here and somewhat agree.

I have been able to find 2 statements that Bundy made that could be construed as inflamatory. He said "I will do whatever it takes"...and the "range war" begins. Both of these statements came after over 200 armed agents were set on his cattle and family. If you have one where he said something to this effect beforehand I would love to read it...as I can't find it.

Here is a Las Vegas Sun story dated September of last year. I'll post the relevant quotes. I think they're inflammatory, but make of them what you will.

He acknowledges that he keeps firearms at his ranch and has vowed to “do whatever it takes” to defend his animals from seizure.

“I’ve got to protect my property,” Bundy said as Arden steered several cattle inside an elongated pen. “If people come to monkey with what’s mine, I’ll call the county sheriff. If that don’t work, I’ll gather my friends and kids and we’ll try to stop it.

Carol Bundy said her husband is not a violent man, just a person who will protect what he owns. For that matter, so is she.

“I’ve got a shotgun,” she said. “It’s loaded and I know how to use it. We’re ready to do what we have to do, but we’d rather win this in the court of public opinion.”

Grabbing another fistful of bacon, Arden said he wants to be part of any coming battle. His mother smiled.

ETA: Arden? That's a unique name for a boy.

If you tased one of my sons for merely taking video of people trying to shoot and confiscate my property, I would likely say worse.

The official story on that was that he kicked a dog.

There are a total of about 270 armed or law enforcement BLM agents...they had over 200 at this site....really? This whole thing has been handled as badly as Ruby Ridge and Waco. I would not be surprised that some of the same people are involved (little known fact; many of the same bureaucrats that orchestrated Waco had been involved at Ruby Ridge). Now those two fiasco's were orchestrated by our "real professional" Federal Law enforcement agencies (the FBI and ATF). If they screw things up this badly; what do you think some Mickey Mouse 270 people unit at the BLM will do in a tense situation.

Apparently (thankfully), they'll back off. :dunno:

ETA: I'm also curious about the number of agents claimed to be involved. The only sources I can find that give the over 200 figure are quoting Carol Bundy, who's hardly an unbiased source.

The Feds said the son was arrested for taking video outside the "free speech" zone (their quote). I thought free speech stretched from sea to shining sea? They didn't like being video'd so they arrested the guy...totally unnecessary. The son was setting in a car on the side of a hiway. If what the Feds were doing was OK, then why was that an issue? My Dad was a State Trooper....he said they were taught to do things in the public eye if it was at all possible. Seems the current law enforcement establishment likes to operate in secret. I guess if I had a helicopter shooting cattle I'd want to hide that too.

The 200 number has been quoted by every media source I can find. I'm gonna take it as accurate. I've seen video of the area. Haven't counted them; but it's a sizeable number. Obviously a large % of the total BLM law enforcement contingent. That means they flew people in for this. Some *****headed bureaucrat planned this; thought it was smart and a legitimate use of manpower and a real priority. Thought threatening civilians with snipers was sound police policy. Why pick this fight? We won't enforce immigration laws; but the Fed picked this fight?

I see nothing wrong with any of these comments...when asked by a reporter; will you defend your property; a citizen responded, yes. What would you expect him to say? "No, I'm a big ***** and think my federal overlords should come down here and treat me like the big vagina I am"? Again, I would likely say the same thing. When you are in law enforcement, you should have the judgement and temperament to understand how to deal with bluster and not over-react to it. Too many armed Federal agents = too many opportunities for some immature jackass with a gun to do something stupid.

Now to the massive expansion of Federal law enforcement personnel...again, why? Not the bull**** Congress authorized it answer...Why does the Federal government need 120k law enforcement personnel? All I've heard for the last 20 years is you can't put troops on the boarder...not practical..take too many, etc. While at the same time, we've armed an additional 60k Federal agents in that time. I think I could put together a hell of a border protection force with 60k permanent troops and modern technology. But no; we think protecting a damn tortoise is more important than protecting the boarder.

This whole thing has been avoidable. Badly planned, badly executed, unnecessary confrontation by an out of control Federal bureaucracy focused on the wrong thing.

I don't think it had anything to do with a tortoise or the land. This was an orchestrated provocation. Think about it. What is a gigantic priority right now?

Gun control.

What better way to prove to the sheeple that guns are evil and should be outlawed than a bunch of whackos gunning down federal agents. But, they didn't get what they wanted, so now they are going after a landgrab in Texas. People need to wake up.

I don't think it had anything to do with a tortoise or the land. This was an orchestrated provocation. Think about it. What is a gigantic priority right now?

Gun control.

What better way to prove to the sheeple that guns are evil and should be outlawed than a bunch of whackos gunning down federal agents. But, they didn't get what they wanted, so now they are going after a landgrab in Texas. People need to wake up.

Rather than wake up, it seems, many prefer to defend the actions of the BLM and actually work at finding justifications for stealing the Bundy's cattle at gun point.

Evidently, for some, the govt simply cannot be wrong period...ever!

Archived