2015 4* TE Hale Hentges (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

One day he'll reach out and just get a hand on our FG return guy...

He'll ride the bench at crapstone.

This is no real loss to the good guys, and no great addition to Junior Samples U.. Hentges is a slow, undersized TE-how did he ever get 4 stars?

Seriously? This sounds like sour grapes to me. If he had committed to us, you all would have been ecstatic. He is good enough that our coaches wanted him and thought he could help the team, but he's not coming here. Best of luck to him except when he plays us.

I hate it when any school's fans rag a kid about his football "school of choice" and this ...." we didn't want him anyway" sounds childish. Meanwhile, our TEs are not prolific pass catchers either. He wanted a pro-style offense and we were not it.

This is no real loss to the good guys, and no great addition to Junior Samples U.. Hentges is a slow, undersized TE-how did he ever get 4 stars?

Seriously? This sounds like sour grapes to me. If he had committed to us, you all would have been ecstatic. He is good enough that our coaches wanted him and thought he could help the team, but he's not coming here. Best of luck to him except when he plays us.

How many passes did Bama throw to their tight ends last year? 8?

That's not the point. Ragging on a guy who just committed to your rival sounds childish. If you want to talk about the role of TE in Bama's offense vs ours, that's a discussion we can have. But whining about how bad a fit he is for Bama on the heels of his commitment to them is beneath what I expect of most Auburn fans.

How many passes did Bama throw to their tight ends last year? 8?

That's not the point. Ragging on a guy who just committed to your rival sounds childish. If you want to talk about the role of TE in Bama's offense vs ours, that's a discussion we can have. But whining about how bad a fit he is for Bama on the heels of his commitment to them is beneath what I expect of most Auburn fans.

I agree. The Auburn Family is above that. Let's stay classy and wish everybody well even if they don't choose Auburn (except when they play us)

War Eagle.

I agree as well. For one thing, maybe Kiffin has a more important/diverse role for him in the new playbook. I'm sure he made the choice based on what he believes is best for himself. So be it.

Archived