Baseball vs. South Carolina - game 2

Robert lines it up the middle and caught at 2nd for the final out. damn damn damn. Bases loaded with no outs and we don't score. ugh. 2-1 Auburn going to the top 9th.

South Carolina gets a lead off single to left. Next batter up strikes out. 1 out runner on 1st.

double down the line in right. one run scores runners at 2nd and 3rd 1 out. damn it. Game tied 2-2

grounder to short, flips to 2nd then to first for the double play. Auburn coming to bat bottom 9th trailing 3-2... Come on TIGERS....

Lack of relief pitching is really tough on our starters. Hate to see Thompson throwing so many pitches but I can see why CSG is reluctant to pull a starter 'cause there is no back-up once he or Ortman are out of the game. Relievers have to be at the top of the list for the recruiting plan this year.

Pathetic. SC is a great team, but we lack the ability to step on the jugular like Bama game 2 last week. Go get the rubber game tomorrow

I'm disappointed in the loss for sure, but our team looked really good for the second game in a row v/s very good competition. Carolina has our number but we competed to the end and were two outs from a series win and a shot at the sweep. I'm not sure we have what it takes to out pitch them tomorrow.

I don't think it was a display of poor baseball. The game was lost in the bottom of the 8th when we had runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs and the next four batters produced nothing but a walk, two K's and a soft liner out. Any one of those four batters hits it somewhere, anywhere, out of the infield and we almost certainly win. We need some hitters!

AU64 is right about the relief pitchers. Our starters need to finish if possible because the bullpen is weak as water. It will take another year of recruiting before the talent is there.

We hit well today till the end. Not sure why we looked sloppy when we needed a base hit but our batting stinks when we have runners in position. Chasing balls, that's kids stuff, not supposed to be in this league.

This is precisely why we've seen so many runners gunned down on the bases. We just about have to bunt to score a runner. In fact, that's exactly what we had to do to get the first run in game two. I would be curious to know what our average w/RISP is.

We have lost a lot of games like this all season. I do feel that good things are coming for this team, and we have to be patient. We just need to get more talent on board that includes some solid relief pitching. I still think this team will win some series down the stretch. We need to win tomorrow and claim a series. We are inching closer, but still a good ways off from having the kind of teams we had under Hal Baird.

Archived