Charles Mitchell, 6'8" transfer from Maryland

JFDTiger80

Charles Mitchell is transferring from Maryland. He was Maryland's leading rebounder last year. He is looking at Auburn, UGA, and Ga Tech along with a few others. He wants to be closer to his home which is Atlanta. His grandmother is not well.

He is 6'8" and 260 pds. Big kid.

Is this a transfer and play immediately situation or transfer and sit? If he has to sit, do we want a transfer or do we want to try and build a roster of Bruce's recruits?

Is this a transfer and play immediately situation or transfer and sit? If he has to sit, do we want a transfer or do we want to try and build a roster of Bruce's recruits?

I think he was released and can play right away.

Wow, seems like quality talent want to come play for our coach now. Maybe we have turned the corner and now we're going in a good direction. CBP has really changed the atmosphere on the plains. :hellyeah:

I may be wrong but being released doesn`t let him play immediately; think he still needs a waiver from NCAA to be eligible for this season. I doubt we have room at this point anyway. JMHO.

WDE

I may be wrong but being released doesn`t let him play immediately; think he still needs a waiver from NCAA to be eligible for this season. I doubt we have room at this point anyway. JMHO.

WDE

You are not wrong. A release has nothing to do with not sitting out a year. To play at once, the NCAA must issue a hardship waiver, such as was granted to Jay Prosch. They don't pass those things out like free candy, the documentation must be thorough and the situation extreme.

WDE

You are not wrong. A release has nothing to do with not sitting out a year. To play at once, the NCAA must issue a hardship waiver, such as was granted to Jay Prosch. They don't pass those things out like free candy, the documentation must be thorough and the situation extreme.

Interesting. He may have a shot though since his grandmothers illness is the sole reason he left MD. I think the MD fans thought we was a really good player.

Archived