2013 4* S Tray Matthews (Georgia signee & transferred to AU)

Rednilla

I am pretty sure that I have read on here and TOS many times that we were not recruiting Kamara. Apparently he did not fit the mold of RB we are looking for.

He holds an offer from Auburn along with many other schools.  He just isn't as high as some others on our RB board.

Green seems to be anybody's guess at this point. And I think there is a legitimate chance that Wilkins could go Vandy and Dye could go Clemson. If that happens, is Kamara next on the list?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure that I have read on here and TOS many times that we were not recruiting Kamara. Apparently he did not fit the mold of RB we are looking for.

He holds an offer from Auburn along with many other schools.  He just isn't as high as some others on our RB board.

Green seems to be anybody's guess at this point. And I think there is a legitimate chance that Wilkins could go Vandy and Dye could go Clemson. If that happens, is Kamara next on the list?

If it helps build team chemistry, I would take Kamara in a heartbeat.

Don't forget the very recent quotes from TM and Wiggins:

"Reuben Foster, Alvin Kamara (Norcross, Ga./Norcross), Bo Scarborough (Tuscaloosa, Ala./Northridge), Trey Johnson (Lawrenceville, Ga./Central Gwinnett), Naim Mustafaa(Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta), Tray Matthews, Montravius Adams (Vienna, Ga./Dooly Co.), Earnest Robinson (Pinson, Ala./Pinson Valley) and Dee Liner (Muscle Shoals, Ala./Muscle Shoals) all got a plan," Wiggins said. "I just know we are all going to play together."

Matthews told DawgNation on July 3 that he and Foster had already decided where they were going.

"We both decided on a school and we are the only two that know," Matthews said. "A couple of people are not going to like the decision, but we have to do what is best for us."

The first quote is pretty far fetched in my opinion.

Orange are already committed, yellow is a heavy lean,  Tray Matthews, Wiggins and Alvin Kamara is said to follow Reuben. The others I have no idea but one is a 2014 recruit. So for this class, really only one is out of the question. IMHO

From ESPN TideNation (free teaser info)

On the heels of five-star Reuben Foster’s flip from Alabama to Auburn, 2014 running back Bo Scarbrough (Tuscaloosa, Ala./Northridge) told TideNation that he was going to push back his commitment date, which was originally scheduled for July 23.

Scarbrough, one of the top players in the Yellowhammer State for 2014, had narrowed his list to Alabama, Clemson, Florida and Georgia and recently said he knew where he wanted to go, but as of Thursday, that has changed.

“I was thinking about it every day, each school, this and that, but I want to wait it out because I’m not as confident in the team I was going to choose or the teams I had in my top four,” Scarbrough said. “I’m just going to wait it out and see what happens.”

Doesnt sound so far fetched now... :wedance:

Note the red highlighted words.  He said "So for THIS class", so that automatically counts Bo Scarbrough out.

If it helps to bring in Adams, Matthews, and Wiggins i say we start recruiting him.

It MAY affect Matthews and Wiggins, though I'm still skeptical, but Adams is not (and never has been) tied to Kamara.

Very unlikely IMO. I don't see Auburn taking a scat back like Kamara for any reason given our depth at his style of running back position.

Very unlikely IMO. I don't see Auburn taking a scat back like Kamara for any reason given our depth at his style of running back position.

Do you think we'd look elsewhere, or just not take a back this year? Probably wouldn't be the worst thing, given our depth and overall numbers..

Do you think we'd look elsewhere, or just not take a back this year? Probably wouldn't be the worst thing, given our depth and overall numbers..

Would Kamara play WR?

Would Kamara play WR?

Good question. To the other poster I do think we get a back that can run between the tackles whether it be J-Wil, Green, Bryant, Dye, or a back we do not know of yet.

Well, if TM MEns what he said about him and RF playing together, the only way that is going to happen is if he comes to Auburn....unless he knows something we don 't.

i am a lot older than most of you on this board,and i have followed AU football for 52 years like my life hinged on it,and if we can get matthews,wiggins and adams,to go with the rest of these guys,i think that this class just might be the best one in my lifetime.....dye had a great first and second year class and tuberville had a great one with the class that included cadillac and jason campbell but i just don't see those being as good as this one would be if those 3 guys come on board....add a good runningback and another good receiver and call it complete

Carnell and Jason were in different classes.  Ronnie and Jason were in the same class.

:bananadance:

FROM dawgnation

In speaking to Matthews briefly this afternoon, DawgNation asked whether the Foster news would change his commitment to Georgia. Matthews hesitated, then said, “Yes.”

:o

:o

shocked.gif

lipsrsealed.gif

HappyDance.gif

:bananadance:

Are TM and SW scheduled to visiti AU this weekend as earlier reported? If so, I'm giving us a better than 50/50--just so you know.

SW yes. TM dont know.

Toney was the only one to know it was coming the whole time. The rest of the commits were surprised by the Flip. BVG has told TJ he will play outside Will and Reuben inside Mike.

Wait, why would they ask him not to come this weekend?

The UGA coaches. I am sure they will do everything in their power tonight to try and convince TM not to go to AU this weekend. If he still makes it to AU tomorrow, we stand a good chance...

The UGA coaches. I am sure they will do everything in their power tonight to try and convince TM not to go to AU this weekend. If he still makes it to AU tomorrow, we stand a good chance...

It has not been confirmed yet I believe that TM will be at DawgNight.

It has not been confirmed yet I believe that TM will be at DawgNight.

I am sure he will be there. That is why I think the possibility of him coming to AU tomorrow will diminish as the UGA coaches will be in his ear all night.

i am a lot older than most of you on this board,and i have followed AU football for 52 years like my life hinged on it,and if we can get matthews,wiggins and adams,to go with the rest of these guys,i think that this class just might be the best one in my lifetime.....dye had a great first and second year class and tuberville had a great one with the class that included cadillac and jason campbell but i just don't see those being as good as this one would be if those 3 guys come on board....add a good runningback and another good receiver and call it complete

Carnell and Jason were in different classes.  Ronnie and Jason were in the same class.

thats right,RB and JC were reshirted and caddy played as a freshman...i told you i was a lot older than most of ya'll, and a bad memory proves it.

Archived