Roc Thomas

WarEagle1982

Every time I see a player's name as a topic title, I get a rush of fear that they've either gotten injured or done something wrong.

With Roc, I think he'll see more playing time than most people think. Corey Grant is much sturdier than OMac, but I don't think he's quite the every-down back. CAP can plow through a crowded line on a short-yardage situation but he has a fumble problem. Peyton Barber will also be seeing lots of playing time. Tre was a heck of a back but when you have the combination of backs we have this year, along with our OL, our run game will be terrifying.

fumble problem?? Based on what? The ACTUAL Statistics don't support that ridiculous statement. Let's look at the numbers shall we??

Stats are here: http://www.auburntig...g.html#IGBG.FMB

FUMBLES No-Lost

Nick Marshall QB.... 14-6

Tre Mason RB........ 4-4

Chris Davis......... 3-0

Quan Bray WR........ 2-0

Corey Grant RB...... 1-0

Jay Prosch RB....... 1-0

Ricardo Louis WR.... 1-0

Nosa Eguae.......... 1-0

C. Artis-Payne RB... 1-1

Steven Clark P...... 1-0

Marcus Davis WR..... 1-0

He fumbled ONE TIME in 91 carries....NOT A FUMBLE PROBLEM IN THE LEAST.

:-\ it looks like Tre is the worst RB among the bunch ... :dunno:

Tre had far more carries.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope CAP learned from Tre and runs with urgency. I always had confidence in Tre on third and short-- not CAP. Early on he wasn't as reliable when we needed 1-3 yards.

I think CAP has a great attitude , work ethic and I like his confidence. That said, I agree with what you said and until he shows he can consistently move the chains, especially when everyone knows it is going to be a run I will have my doubts. I know he has not played a down yet, but I think Barber is going to be in position to take over at RB by game 4 or 5 and that Roc is going to get more action than people think.

War Eagle !

at least he doesn't have Mario's fumble problems, he could've been one of the greats with his size, strength, cutting ability and speed but he just couldn't hang on to the ball.

Definitely think he'll play.

i know he'll play but i want him to start so he can put up astronomical numbers

You are underestimating CAP. He'll have his senior season of glory before Roc gets his full turn as the #1 guy.

no im not im talking about him starting next season, i know cap will do his thing this season

Want yall to know i have all confidence in cap and corey for this season, i just selfishly want roc to show out next season and he can give bama and others a sneak peek of what's ahead in the near future this season

at least he doesn't have Mario's fumble problems, he could've been one of the greats with his size, strength, cutting ability and speed but he just couldn't hang on to the ball.

Mario couldn't hit the hole either, he tended to dance in front of it. Hind sight being 20-20, Fannin could have been a great strong safety for us and maybe had a pro career at the position.

I hope Roc gets #5 or #21.

Ricardo has 5. Dont know that anyone will get 21 this year

I hope Roc gets #5 or #21.

Ricardo has 5. Dont know that anyone will get 21 this year

Roc wore #6 in high school. Looks like 2, 7, 9, 13, 15, 19, and 21 are available.

#7 is out..retired years ago, along with #34 and #88…I would think that #2 should be too very soon...

Give Roc Tre's #.21 or #9. I still feel #2 should be retied and #43 should go to Jalen Harris. Retire Philips number after Jalen has moved on to the NFL.

I don't care what number he wears as long as we're discussing whether or not to retire it in a couple of years.

Exactly. Who cares what number he wears?? I sure don't.

I don't care what number he wears as long as we're discussing whether or not to retire it in a couple of years.

Exactly. Who cares what number he wears?? I sure don't.

Off season gets the best of us

I say he should wear #2, in honor of the approximate number of pages we could fill with posts on this thread that are actually relevant to Roc.

^This.

I read so much about Roc coming in and taking the starting running back role. After all the praise he got I watched his highlight tapes.

He will be a top SEC running back before he is done, this year he needs to redshirt and put on muscle. He will not be better this year than our top three backs.

You guys don't understand how good CAP, Grant and Barber are.

I read so much about Roc coming in and taking the starting running back role. After all the praise he got I watched his highlight tapes.

He will be a top SEC running back before he is done, this year he needs to redshirt and put on muscle. He will not be better this year than our top three backs.

You guys don't understand how good CAP, Grant and Barber are.

Oh, Roc is good. Don't snooze on this fact.

However, I tend to agree that CAP, Grant and Barber appear to be more than capable of carrying the load. I feel good about where we are at RB.

I don't see any way we redshirt Roc. He's too talented to keep off the field, and we'd be lucky to get two more years out of him (he could very well go pro early). I think we'll see some packages for Roc this season, despite the fact that Grant, CAP, and Barber are all great.

ETA: This article doesn't tell us anything we don't know, but there are a few good quotes from the coaches about Roc and his chances of contributing this season. Basically, he's off to a good start and has a real shot. Fall camp will decide a lot.

I'm just really looking forward to Roc getting enough carries to make a difference. He is loaded with talent.

Give Roc Tre's #.21 or #9. I still feel #2 should be retied and #43 should go to Jalen Harris. Retire Philips number after Jalen has moved on to the NFL.

WhoTF is Jalen Harris, and why do you think he's going to the NFL?

Roc will play this year. I think some on special teams and in the cory grant position on sweeps (really any outside running play) with a few inside carries. I think that will be his easiest way to get in space and do what he does. After putting on a few pounds in next years offseason then let him get more inside runs.

Archived