Roc Thomas

WarEagle1982

CAP can make a dang nice cut. Thats for sure. I really only eish he had better break away speed. Maybe he is faster than i think, he just looks a little slower than some others

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CAP can make a dang nice cut. Thats for sure. I really only eish he had better break away speed. Maybe he is faster than i think, he just looks a little slower than some others

Remember Rudi Johnson? That's the guy I always compared him to, even when we were recruiting him out of JUCO (and in part because we were recruiting him out of JUCO).

I feel comfortable that, at the very least, CAP can carry the load and Grant can provide the speed off the corner, which with an improved passing game is all that would actually be needed...but as much potential as Roc has, we can't forget about Peyton Barber. The kid can tote the rock, and quite frankly, he is a much bigger threat to beat CAP out for the starting job against Arky than Roc is.

So remember that guy Roc Thomas that the thread was names after...

Do you know if he caught many passes in high school?

They're aren't any in any of his highlights. He caught one I believe in the UA game but he didn't do very well in that game. For him to be a 5 star RB and top 5 RB in the nation, I'd have to assume he's pretty good at catching passes.

He caught atleast one if not two in the highlights I saw on youtube. Not sure of they were his hudl highlights or not. The one I remember for sure was thrown high. He jumped up, make the grab, and ran through some defenders for the score.

They're aren't any in any of his highlights. He caught one I believe in the UA game but he didn't do very well in that game. For him to be a 5 star RB and top 5 RB in the nation, I'd have to assume he's pretty good at catching passes.

He caught atleast one if not two in the highlights I saw on youtube. Not sure of they were his hudl highlights or not. The one I remember for sure was thrown high. He jumped up, make the grab, and ran through some defenders for the score.

That's good to hear. Thanks for clearing things up Cruiser!

That's good to hear. Thanks for clearing things up Cruiser!

No problem,

I watched his full hudl highlights tonight with my son and he caught some screen passes as well. He's an all around football athlete that can do most anything better than the other guys on the field with him. Just to add a little to his already impressive resume.

completely agree with ironman70, i want cap and grant to do good enough to get drafted...whether roc plays this season or not, judging by that highlight film he WILL be our Premier back next season, i see the others like jovon and kerryon but man...i can see roc winning the heisman and walter camp next year!

Draft picks are always good for the program, but I want to win games most of all, and I think Roc will help us do that by toting the rock. CAP is a solid back, but he has yet to demonstrate that he is dynamic, I hope he does it this year, but in the SEC sometimes the ball carrier simply has to beat a few guys (even with good blocking).

Did you see the run in the SEC CG?? Enough said....

https://www.youtube....h?v=gLNzGZeqmgg

This run is beautiful and I'm not sure why it never received much praise around here. He made that Mizzou defender look silly.

completely agree with ironman70, i want cap and grant to do good enough to get drafted...whether roc plays this season or not, judging by that highlight film he WILL be our Premier back next season, i see the others like jovon and kerryon but man...i can see roc winning the heisman and walter camp next year!

Draft picks are always good for the program, but I want to win games most of all, and I think Roc will help us do that by toting the rock. CAP is a solid back, but he has yet to demonstrate that he is dynamic, I hope he does it this year, but in the SEC sometimes the ball carrier simply has to beat a few guys (even with good blocking).

This run is beautiful and I'm not sure why it never received much praise around here. He made that Mizzou defender look silly.

The run was amazing. As for lack of praise, it was one run in a game that was dominated by Tre, and the latter rightfully got more of the praise, IMO.

I am looking forward to seeing what CAP can do this season!

The run was amazing. As for lack of praise, it was one run in a game that was dominated by Tre, and the latter rightfully got more of the praise, IMO.

I am looking forward to seeing what CAP can do this season!

Yeah, I totally get how it would get lost in the sauce since Tre had like 40some carries that game. But how he set the run up was great. If that is the type of runner we will have in CAP on a consistent basis, I think we will be juuust fine.

I've posted that link once or twice on here and it got the requisite praise, but I think folks are waiting for him to do that after 15-16 carries against a less porous defense before raising the expectations too high (just like folks are waiting for Corey to show that he is a between-the-tackles guy before believing it).

The two SR's will get their chances. CAP has to protect the ball. But Gus will let things play out and many of the ?'s will answer themselves. Injuries will play a factor as well.

I didn't give it much credit at the time because it looked like the Mizzou defenders were tired of getting hit and didn't really want to try to tackle him. I'm sure that's not entirely true, but that's what it seemed like to me at the time. As McLoofus said, if CAP had run the first 15-20 carries and softened up the defense himself before making that run, I would have been more impressed. I don't doubt that he is capable, I just haven't seen it yet.

I'm just concerned about CAP's ball handling skills. :P

He does double-dribble a lot, and palms the ball more than he gets called for. Maybe Pearl will come over to FB practice and work with CAP?

CAP 2012 stats

261 2048 204.8 7.8 25 84 fumbles 3

lost 3

Tre 2013 stats

317 1816 5.7 23 12 163 13.6 fumbles

4 lost 1

I really don't understand all the unfounded ball handling concerns against CAP .

CAP 2012 stats

lost 3

Tre 2013 stats

4 lost 1

I really don't understand all the unfounded ball handling concerns against CAP .

Tre lost all four fumbles.

Roc will get,some carries this year. Can't wait to see him in O and B.

I think Roc is probably the most talented back on the team. However I don't see him challenging either of the seniors this year for many carries. Gus will find a way to use him, there is too much tallest not too. But I think the number of carries that he'll get will depend largely on quickly well he breaks his habit of too much lateral movement behind the line of scrimage. That seemed to be what got him into a little trouble in the UA game, despite it working so well in HS. If he he can to that, the sky is the limit. (Though with Jovon coming in, he may likely have to wait until 2016 to be THE guy in the backfield.

I think Roc is probably the most talented back on the team. However I don't see him challenging either of the seniors this year for many carries. Gus will find a way to use him, there is too much tallest not too. But I think the number of carries that he'll get will depend largely on quickly well he breaks his habit of too much lateral movement behind the line of scrimage. That seemed to be what got him into a little trouble in the UA game, despite it working so well in HS. If he he can to that, the sky is the limit. (Though with Jovon coming in, he may likely have to wait until 2016 to be THE guy in the backfield.

I'm not so sure that he's the most talented back on the team, but it's not CAP or Corey Grant that challenges him in that respect, IMO. It's Peyton Barber. If I had to put money on one back being the primary ball carrier this season, it would probably be CAP, but Barber is legit. I just hope he doesn't become an injury prone type of player (he was only a 3 star out of high school because of an injury during his junior year that kept him under the radar), because he has so much potential.

However, that having been said, I don't know that we will see one primary ball carrier this season, and that actually has as much to do with the passing game as it does with the level of talent in the backfield. I would expect 2-3 backs to get around the same amount of work on the ground, and I kinda expect to see all of the backs utilized in the passing game more as the season goes along and defenses start trying to guard tendencies in the passing/play action game.

Also, again, I do think Roc is going to get his time to shine, and I fully believe he will do exactly that. I don't really expect him to have more than a package of plays for at least the first few games, as he acclimates to QB protection (which has been mentioned multiple times already), but at the very least, he will be the spark plug to put in and have the defenders' heads REALLY spinning.

CAP 2012 stats

lost 3

Tre 2013 stats

4 lost 1

For the record, I was being silly, making light of the fact that several in this thread have voiced those concerns, in spite of the fact that the stats don't back them up. That's what the smiley at the end was about.

Roc will rock and roll over many teams during his tenure at Auburn no doubt. Running back "U" is still alive and well and is hitting on a cyclinders! Roc will have teams between a rock and hard place in the not too distant future my friends!

Roc will rock and roll over many teams during his tenure at Auburn no doubt. Running back "U" is still alive and well and is hitting on a cyclinders! Roc will have teams between a rock and hard place in the not too distant future my friends!

Gus knows how to handle a stable of Roc star running backs.

We've been down that Rocky Road before.

He won't take for Granite. . . . Having Roc on the team.

We'll come out of this situation Roc solid.

We'll be back within a stones. . . . throw of the SEC title.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get back to my lunch, . . at the Hard Roc Cafe.

The Roc lobster here is excellent.

This thread may have just hit Roc bottom. . . .

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get back to my lunch, . . at the Hard Roc Cafe.

No doubt. At least you got your rocks off.

No doubt. At least you got your rocks off.

You're off your ROCker

Archived