Roc Thomas

WarEagle1982

Roc will rock and roll over many teams during his tenure at Auburn no doubt. Running back "U" is still alive and well and is hitting on a cyclinders! Roc will have teams between a rock and hard place in the not too distant future my friends!

Gus knows how to handle a stable of Roc star running backs.

We've been down that Rocky Road before.

He won't take for Granite. . . . Having Roc on the team.

We'll come out of this situation Roc solid.

We'll be back within a stones. . . . throw of the SEC title.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get back to my lunch, . . at the Hard Roc Cafe.

The Roc lobster here is excellent.

This thread may have just hit Roc bottom. . . .

No doubt. At least you got your rocks off.

You're off your ROCker

Careful saying stuff like that. If you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw Rocs.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roc will rock and roll over many teams during his tenure at Auburn no doubt. Running back "U" is still alive and well and is hitting on a cyclinders! Roc will have teams between a rock and hard place in the not too distant future my friends!

Gus knows how to handle a stable of Roc star running backs.

We've been down that Rocky Road before.

He won't take for Granite. . . . Having Roc on the team.

We'll come out of this situation Roc solid.

We'll be back within a stones. . . . throw of the SEC title.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get back to my lunch, . . at the Hard Roc Cafe.

The Roc lobster here is excellent.

This thread may have just hit Roc bottom. . . .

No doubt. At least you got your rocks off.

You're off your ROCker

Careful saying stuff like that. If you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw Rocs.

Independent of number of carries for the QB, CGM has always used one primary running back and one speed back compliment. Even at Arky with McFadden and Jones, McFadden nearly double the carries of Jones. We won't see a running back by committee, there will be a feature back.

Independent of number of carries for the QB, CGM has always used one primary running back and one speed back compliment. Even at Arky with McFadden and Jones, McFadden nearly double the carries of Jones. We won't see a running back by committee, there will be a feature back.

Yep. Probably will emerge in the K-State game, IMO.

I just don't see Malzahn and Horton redshirting Roc this year. Roc is too good to have him watching the games from sideline.

i noticed the updated roster has roc at 193. i think if he wants to play this year he needs to at least get up to 200

You mean like Onterrio?

• 2 weeks later...

I want roc to start next season but due to transfers and peyton idk how long it will take, coaches have been saying he could start this season

If Roc Thomas is the starter before game 4 or 5, it is far more likely to be due to injury than anything else. He's going to have to learn QB protection before that happens...

If Roc Thomas is the starter before game 4 or 5, it is far more likely to be due to injury than anything else. He's going to have to learn QB protection before that happens...

i think his blocking will be fine, looking at his highlights make you see a future heisman winner and i want that next season

Definitely think he'll play.

i know he'll play but i want him to start so he can put up astronomical numbers

Red, I totally agree, it takes while for backs to get the blocking schemes, and they are critical to have a great offense.

You are underestimating CAP. He'll have his senior season of glory before Roc gets his full turn as the #1 guy.

You are underestimating CAP. He'll have his senior season of glory before Roc gets his full turn as the #1 guy.

Yep, CAP and Corey too. Roc will get some carries here and there but he is just a Freshman. Somebody also has to play special teams. The two Seniors have fought their way to get into this position and deserve their chance to shine. It's also good for the program to get them in the NFL.

I think Cam-pain will be a beast this year and will be the A1 runner from the get-go. I see him leading the league in yardage and td's for all runnung backs this year, even with increased passing. I saw CAP do some things when given the chance last year, and was crazy numbers in JUCO. He is ready and his confidence in himself is off the charts in spring interviews!!! I also see him catching quite a few passes from Nick also-remember CAPS spring MVP performance last year --had big catches in that one. Corey will be the speed guy/ change of pace guy and Barber will spell Cam-pain during blowout games, and Roc will get plenty of chances in blowout games too(maybe kick returns/punt returns).

Starting a campaign for CAM-PAIN as the HEISMAIN!!!!! :wareagle:

Corny rhyme but I think it works!

You read it hear 1st!!! WDE BABY

I think Cam-pain will be a beast this year and will be the A1 runner from the get-go. I see him leading the league in yardage and td's for all runnung backs this year, even with increased passing. I saw CAP do some things when given the chance last year, and was crazy numbers in JUCO. He is ready and his confidence in himself is off the charts in spring interviews!!! I also see him catching quite a few passes from Nick also-remember CAPS spring MVP performance last year --had big catches in that one. Corey will be the speed guy/ change of pace guy and Barber will spell Cam-pain during blowout games, and Roc will get plenty of chances in blowout games too(maybe kick returns/punt returns).

Starting a campaign for CAM-PAIN as the HEISMAIN!!!!! :wareagle:/>

Corny rhyme but I think it works!

You read it hear 1st!!! WDE BABY

Nothing against you but War Blogle said that originally way back when we all thought CAP would start!

I never read his post so I guess thats at least two of us who believe in CAP! Are you speaking before the spring game or after.? Was it on this article?

I never read his post so I guess thats at least two of us who believe in CAP! Are you speaking before the spring game or after.? Was it on this article?

He's not a user on AUF that I know of. He writes blogs on his website. I just remember him saying that a long time ago before last season began. If you remember CAP was the supposed starter before last season because no one even thought Tre would have the year he had.

Nothing against you! I wholeheartedly support the Heisman Cam-Payne!

This is good news , especially since it is coming from a high school coach. I am so glad that Bammers botched his recruiting. No one likes to play second fiddle. Bammers missed out on Fournette too. I imagine that Roc will be used some when the game is not on the line. Much like CAP did last year. Or he will be used to give the others a breather. Can't wait to see him take it to the house. Things just keep getting better and better at Auburn.

Every time I see a player's name as a topic title, I get a rush of fear that they've either gotten injured or done something wrong.

With Roc, I think he'll see more playing time than most people think. Corey Grant is much sturdier than OMac, but I don't think he's quite the every-down back. CAP can plow through a crowded line on a short-yardage situation but he has a fumble problem. Peyton Barber will also be seeing lots of playing time. Tre was a heck of a back but when you have the combination of backs we have this year, along with our OL, our run game will be terrifying.

fumble problem?? Based on what? The ACTUAL Statistics don't support that ridiculous statement. Let's look at the numbers shall we??

Stats are here: http://www.auburntig...g.html#IGBG.FMB

FUMBLES No-Lost

Nick Marshall QB.... 14-6

Tre Mason RB........ 4-4

Chris Davis......... 3-0

Quan Bray WR........ 2-0

Corey Grant RB...... 1-0

Jay Prosch RB....... 1-0

Ricardo Louis WR.... 1-0

Nosa Eguae.......... 1-0

C. Artis-Payne RB... 1-1

Steven Clark P...... 1-0

Marcus Davis WR..... 1-0

He fumbled ONE TIME in 91 carries....NOT A FUMBLE PROBLEM IN THE LEAST.

:-\ it looks like Tre is the worst RB among the bunch ... :dunno:

I hope CAP learned from Tre and runs with urgency. I always had confidence in Tre on third and short-- not CAP. Early on he wasn't as reliable when we needed 1-3 yards.

Archived