The Big 3

auburn_eagle34

First of all, I would like to say War Damn Eagle!

I have never been more proud to be an Auburn tiger and I would really like to thank the team its players for such a great season. Now, I have some more beef with the BCS and all those analysts who say USC and Oklahoma are clear cut 1 & 2 (Corso and Herbstreit). I have a stat here of all three teams final three games which includes their opponent, their opponents ranking, and record.

USC:

Arizona(Not Ranked), 3-8

Notre Dame(Not Ranked), 6-5

UCLA(Not Ranked), 6-5

Oklahoma:

Nebraska(Not Ranked), 5-6

Baylor(Not Ranked), 3-8

Colorado(Not Ranked), 7-5

Auburn:

Georgia(8 AP, 7 ESPN), 9-2

Alabama(Not Ranked), 6-5

Tennessee(15 AP, 15 ESPN), 9-3

I think that is a pretty telling stat. Apparently(by Corso and Herbstreit's standards) , out of these three undefeated teams, Oklahoma and USC are clearly the two best teams because of the way they finished the season. One ESPN commentator even said that the way Oklahoma has played these last three weeks has really shown why they are the second best team in the country. Basically, Auburn had a tough road to finish undefeated while USC and Oklahoma had strolls through the park. They were able to run up the score on less than mediocre teams and Auburn had to really come to play in order to stay undefeated. Auburn passed a tough three game test and they are being punished for playing competitive teams at the end of the season. Not only did we win the three games but we won by a combined margin of 36 points. Not complete domination but good wins. It's rediculous. Also, Georgia was a top 5 team at the time we beat them.

Good post. I couldn't agree with you more. Hopefully our plight will change things. Savor the moment, though, and let's worry about the BCS later. WDE!!!!!

FYI, it's spelled "ridiculous," as in "ridicule."

Archived