Ronaldo vs. a sprinter

AUbritt

This is actually interesting from a football point of view (as well as a futbol point of view).

http://running.competitor.com/2014/03/video/who-is-faster-cristiano-ronaldo-v-angel-rodriguez_96084?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=competitor_top_categories_traffic

Ronaldo slightly slower in a short straight line sprint, but much faster in a zig-zag run.

Would be sort of interesting to see at the NFL combine.

Very interesting... Soccer player is at a serious disadvantage coming out of sprint blocks. I would of loved to see the sprint portion done with an extra 5-7 untimed yards at the beginning of the race to negate the starting blocks disadvantage. I saw a "imaginary" soccer team fielded with NFL'ers and it was interesting they had Chad Johnson at one of the forwards due to his attempt to make a MLS team. The only other player with soccer experience was a punter that played on his college soccer team. Recently, I read an article about N' Suh having played soccer into middle school and his father being a semi pro player. Suh was not in "lineup" but how but I could imagine this guy being an extremely intimidating center back.

Played out like I thought it would. Sport specificity and the training that goes with it. Mean Ronaldo probably has barely ever touched a starting block to where sprinters spend a great amount of time on form in the blocks to insure as much energy as possible is transferred into a efficient start.

I would predict the players that would react most like soccer players from football would be defensive backs. They do alot of side to side and forward back movement with sudden changes of speed and when in man to man coverage are not use to doing predetermined patterns (like a wide receiver would). Second on my list would be tailbacks.

Archived