Football starts next month

tigereyes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more we beat Arky by, the better; I will be happy with a win, but a dominating win at that would be ideal to show the CFB world we mean business

The ideal situation IMO is dominating Arky without showing a lot, which I think is very possible given not only our running stats last year, but the plays that we ran to get those stats. Biggest question marks for me in this game: Will our LBs step up in the run game? And who will step up at RB (or will we use a committee)?

I wonder if we'll be able to watch it...

exactly....i gotta find some way to watch if i got to go over someone's house parents don't wanna pay for sports packkage.......I'M NOT MISSING THIS GAME! War Freaking Eagle!

This.

I got rid of directv two months ago. (They might make a deal before the season starts though). Getting dish next week.

The more we beat Arky by, the better; I will be happy with a win, but a dominating win at that would be ideal to show the CFB world we mean business

The ideal situation IMO is dominating Arky without showing a lot, which I think is very possible given not only our running stats last year, but the plays that we ran to get those stats. Biggest question marks for me in this game: Will our LBs step up in the run game? And who will step up at RB (or will we use a committee)?

Sounds exactly like the gameplan from last year; I'd suspect an emphasis on CAP to start the game and hopefully we will run a variation of about three plays to win

.I don't have to wonder. I know I'll be able to watch it and I'm ready. It can't get here soon enough.

Yeah, I'll be at the game so I'll be watching. Last year we only threw about 7 or 9 times on them if I recall correctly. Wouldn't it be something if we only ran about 7 or 9 running plays this year and beat them with the pass with about an 85% completion rate!

Excited for AU football. Not so much for the heat expected at AUMB camp. Nevertheless, I'm ready to do my part and get this season started.

When does fall camp start? Doesn't it last about 4 weeks? That's less than a month away. Just excited to hear about how freshman are doing. I really think Sean White will challenge JJ for 2nd string. Just so deadly accurate.

Man with all this motivation that the team is going to have,this team will be frightening! I'm starting to not even worry that much about the strength of schedule because the team will be moving like a freight train throughout the season, anyways if the team does manage to lose, say...2 games the strength of theschedule will definitely propel us to the playoffs,the committee will have no choice

Don't drink the Kool Aid. The committee is structured to give preference to conference champions. The only way we get in the playoffs with two losses is if we win the SEC, and that would be a stretch as the committee members by human nature will be prone to punish the SEC for its recent success.

Little doc

Don't drink the Kool Aid. The committee is structured to give preference to conference champions. The only way we get in the playoffs with two losses is if we win the SEC, and that would be a stretch as the committee members by human nature will be prone to punish the SEC for its recent success.

Little doc

I get ya,but you really think that there's no chance of two teams from one conference making it in since you say conference champion only? They better not disregard us winning the sec even IF we lose 2 games, tired of teams like ohio state and oregon having these easy schedules...even though it's not their fault. I simply cannot see us doing this and not getting in,they can't justify keeping us out if this happens,anyways i bet this playoff system will cause a whole bunch of controversy just like the bcs but let that be for the non-sec teams

If the playoff had been in effect last year AU and UAT would have both been on it no doubt. I think a one loss SEC team has a great shot to be in. I don't know about a two loss team unless it is the conference champ.

yeah,but really im not worried,au will be in the playoffs,just wonder if it will be someone who will rise up like we did and surprise people in the sec like florida.....i know we might not all share opinions on this but i want auburn to beat fsu en route to the ship or in the ship so bad.

I am ok with the rules written to give consideration to conference champions, the last thing I want to worry about after AU slays bama in the Iron Bowl is ns having 4 weeks of PR time to influence how the game should be officiated to his benefit.

Don' t think it can happen, see UF vs FSU 1996.

Little doc

In your opinion, what are the chances of Auburn ever playing Alabama for the national championship. No one would have ever picked Alabama to play LSU to play for it all a few years ago.

Archived