Happy 4th

I hope you have a happy 4th and appreciate our freedom and all it means. I pray it lasts forever but worry that too many today take it for granted.

It's sure a beautiful morning Auburn. Still a sadness in the air after the loss of Lutz but life goes on.

War Eagle!!!

Hopefully everyone will have a happy and safe holiday weekend. The sunset last night and the sunrise this morning were as pretty as any I have ever seen. It was kind of exhilarating seeing them one after the other. Anyway, Happy 4th one and all. I'm certainly proud to be an American, where's Lee Greenwood when you need him? :hellyeah:

Happy 4th to all. Great country and am so thankful for those that brave souls that were responsible for the 1st 4th.

http://www.baxtercou...ng_fathers.html

Perspective...when those men wrote these words and signed their names...they meant it:

"And for the support of this Declaration with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor"

Of those 56 who signed the Declaration of Independence, nine died of wounds or hardships during the war. Five were captured and imprisoned, in each case with brutal treatment. Several lost wives, sons or entire families. One lost his 13 children. Two wives were brutally treated. All were at one time or another the victims of manhunts and driven from their homes. Twelve signers had their homes completely burned. Seventeen lost everything they owned. Yet not one defected or went back on his pledged word. Their honor, and the nation they sacrificed so much to create, is still intact.

I hope ya'll's weather is as nice as it is here in Upstate SC. God what a gorgeous day!

Hoping everyone enjoys and has a safe fourth of July.

War Eagle!

:au:

Happy 4th to all. Great country and am so thankful for those that brave souls that were responsible for the 1st 4th.

http://www.baxtercou...ng_fathers.html

Perspective...when those men wrote these words and signed their names...they meant it:

"And for the support of this Declaration with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor"

Of those 56 who signed the Declaration of Independence, nine died of wounds or hardships during the war. Five were captured and imprisoned, in each case with brutal treatment. Several lost wives, sons or entire families. One lost his 13 children. Two wives were brutally treated. All were at one time or another the victims of manhunts and driven from their homes. Twelve signers had their homes completely burned. Seventeen lost everything they owned. Yet not one defected or went back on his pledged word. Their honor, and the nation they sacrificed so much to create, is still intact.

"All in." :42:

Hope all had a good 4th.

Is it wrong that I have secretly always wanted to get into a fight with a British guy on the 4th? Just to have the story that I fought the British on Independence day.

Guest NC1406

Had the pleasure of spending the week leading up to the 4th with MY version of America's greatest heroes. Spent most of the week with both my boys (current military) at one of this country's most beautiful beaches. Heard some stories from recent assignments that made me very sad and others that made me very proud of our country and my kids service. As much bickering as we have on this board and in this country we still have it better than anywhere in the world. Got home in time for the 4th to make sure our dogs didn't tear the house down with the neighbors mortars exploding over the lake. Cheers to all!

Had the pleasure of spending the week leading up to the 4th with MY version of America's greatest heroes. Spent most of the week with both my boys (current military) at one of this country's most beautiful beaches. Heard some stories from recent assignments that made me very sad and others that made me very proud of our country and my kids service. As much bickering as we have on this board and in this country we still have it better than anywhere in the world. Got home in time for the 4th to make sure our dogs didn't tear the house down with the neighbors mortars exploding over the lake. Cheers to all!

My poor pibbles HATE the fourth! It's even worse than New Years Eve.

Guest NC1406

I love the fireworks. Two of our three pups don't have a fear of the noise but they do go into "protection" mode with the noise. Our best GSD has been diagnosed with an incurable heart disease. My wife loves this dog more than me. Could not let the pup go through the event with a house sitter. Amazing what people will spend and do for a dog (or three in our case).

Archived