Tuberville on ABC

gr82Bautiger

I must say that Tubby has handled Auburn ending up #3 w/ class on ABC. He was much better than Pete Carroll last year when Pete asked everyone to buck the system.

Sorry AU, but the BCS was tweaked b/c of the whinning of Pete Carroll and the final standings are a result of that. Undoubtedly, if margin of victory and SOS were not mandatorily taken out, it would be Auburn and OU.

Also, IMO Auburn is being punished for LSU daring to challenge the media darlings last year. The SEC had to be taught a lesson. The AP is now justifying their arrogance.

If there is ANY justice to this Auburn should split the Championship with Oklahoma if both win. That is only fair

129355[/snapback]

For that to happen, Leinart and or Bush would need to be out with injuries, to cheapen the win, and then they would still need to win ugly. USC lost points, but most went to OK. OK needs to win a game so ugly people turn the dial to wheel of fortune.

Why should Auburn get a split if OU wins and not USC? Just because USC started #1? There's no justification for that. How would you feel if you were an OU fan and heard that from an Auburn fan? Both teams are undefeated. If OU wins, they beat what you are considering the top (or 2nd if AU is #1) team in the nation, so why don't they deserve it.

Either Auburn deserves a split regardless or OU deserves it all if they win as well, make your choice.

OU is #2 in both polls. If OU beats the #1 team, I don't see how AU could jump them. If AU was ranked #1 coming into this game as USC was last year, then I could see a split national champ. Whoever wins the Orange Bowl will be #1 in the AP, Coaches, and BCS. But.....that doesn't change the fact that there will be a #2 team sitting there with 0 losses assuming AU takes care of business in the Sugar Bowl. The Mythical National Championship will be just that this year.

Archived