This is not an immigration issue, but a refugee crisis

TitanTiger

No, this is not America's fault and we don't need to send our Pres all over the world to apologize for it. Our American system, Western Civ, (although not perfect) has created less poverty, and more wealth and prosperity than any system in the history of the world.

We are not to blame for the mass govt corruption in South and Central America. We offer Mexico "Free Trade" (Which Clinton supported and signed) that was supposed to create more middle class Mexicans along with other things and what happened? Complete corruption and overall failure! And this you say, is because we don't legalize drugs?

The difference between North and South Korea? South Korea played the American game and they are still playing, and doing pretty well. When will Mexico and South America play? They won't because their govt's are way to corrupt.

You are responding to something that I did not say. I did not say it was America's fault. I said we have a hand in it, and we do. I also did not say that the United States has been a bad influence everywhere we have gone, as that quite simply is not true. What I am saying, is that good deeds do not give us a free pass to ignore the consequences of bad deeds and bad policies. The drug cartels that have been carving a bloody swath through Mexico and Central America are not doing so for anything to do with free trade. They are doing it to monopolize drug corridors, which is where the real money is. Considering that our own government is not without corruption, it is hard to expect them not to be corrupt when there is that much drug money moving through the area.

Most of my work (some volunteer, some business) with 3rd World Countries (Everything from aviation equipment, to digging wells, and planting gardens, giving medicine etc...) brings corruption to another level, that just isn't seen much here in the states.

I've worked with more than one country that's has an unwritten policy that if we bring in say $200,000 worth of food and medicine, we have to give their govt $200,000 or they won't let us in. Yes, they won't let us in, to help their own people.

My sister group was bringing computers to schools in this country. The Govt wanted the same amount of computers given to them or the cost amount of the computers or they wouldn't let us donate and setup these computer's for their children, in their public school.

I could go on and on with example after example, but with corruption cases such as these, what is our Govt supposed to do?

Another question......for all who are so concerned about the kids, when they send them to your town how many will you volunteer to take into your home? I am concerned about the kids but they need to be sent home, not turned lose to disappear in the U.S.

Maybe. I think a country the size of the US can probably figure out how to accomodate 5000 or so kids that don't have relatives to live with.

Titan as you know, and as we keep pointing out, it won't stop with 5,000.

I admire your intentions because they are good, but just not possible. Then there is the poverty in India, China, etc... what are we doing there? There are children dying of starvation and disease in Africa as we speak and what are we doing about it?

I am sure you understand, sooner or later the border has to be secured, it is just a matter of how and when?

If interested in organizations, you can get involved with to dig wells, plant gardens, assist with food and meds, adopt kids, send me a PM, I will be glad to assist!

I'm just not feeling that conservative empathy here. Apparently, Titan - to his credit - is the only one willing to face the human reality.

And really, "65% of Mexico and 80 to 85% of South and Central America"? :-\ Not exactly a compelling argument, much less rational.

I'm just not feeling that conservative empathy here. Apparently, Titan - to his credit - is the only one willing to face the human reality.

And really, "65% of Mexico and 80 to 85% of South and Central America"? :-\ Not exactly a compelling argument, much less rational.

Fair enough, your numbers are what then?

Are you headed to the border to volunteer? How much money have you already donated and how much do you plan to donate to these countries for various humanitarian efforts?

How many wells have you dug in 3rd world countries? How many children in poverty have you adopted? If it matters to you (and it probably doesn't because I am not liberal and that is all that matters to you) adopted just one by the way.

How much time have you spent in 3rd world countries volunteering?

Another question......for all who are so concerned about the kids, when they send them to your town how many will you volunteer to take into your home? I am concerned about the kids but they need to be sent home, not turned lose to disappear in the U.S.

Maybe. I think a country the size of the US can probably figure out how to accomodate 5000 or so kids that don't have relatives to live with.

I admire your intentions because they are good, but just not possible. Then there is the poverty in India, China, etc... what are we doing there? There are children dying of starvation and disease in Africa as we speak and what are we doing about it?

I am sure you understand, sooner or later the border has to be secured, it is just a matter of how and when?

Like I said, please list the things you're willing to have our government give up to pay for it. Putting one more hugely expensive thing on the credit card is not an option for a fiscal conservative. Please include not only the cost to build but the maintenance costs as well as the manpower to guard it well.

The error you make is one that says if you can't solve EVERY problem in the world you shouldn't even bother to take care of ANY of them, even the ones right at your feet.

Like I said, please list the things you're willing to have our government give up to pay for it. Putting one more hugely expensive thing on the credit card is not an option for a fiscal conservative. Please include not only the cost to build but the maintenance costs as well as the manpower to guard it well.

The error you make is one that says if you can't solve EVERY problem in the world you shouldn't even bother to take care of ANY of them, even the ones right at your feet.

I don't have the exact numbers and neither do you but I am willing to give up a straight 2.5% cut in most all govt services and one year of no cost of living increases, in order to secure our border.

I can list several but for starters eliminate Planned Parenthood. Then cut the NASA budget by about $3Billion. And remember I'm a NASA retiree.

Are you headed to the border to volunteer? How much money have you already donated and how much do you plan to donate to these countries for various humanitarian efforts?

How many wells have you dug in 3rd world countries? How many children in poverty have you adopted? If it matters to you (and it probably doesn't because I am not liberal and that is all that matters to you) adopted just one by the way.

And just how much money have you given to Heifer International? :-\

What a self-righteous little prick you are.

I can list several but for starters eliminate Planned Parenthood. Then cut the NASA budget by about $3Billion. And remember I'm a NASA retiree.

I am even willing to take military pay cuts to secure our border, yes ti's that

We need more patriots like you! I am also willing to take cuts (military pensions) in order to secure our nations border.

"... eliminate Planned Parenthood." WTF? :dunno:

When you can't solve the problems you resort to name calling! So I take it your answer is you have done nothing with your entire life to help the poor, yet you want the borders open to all without a real plan of action of what to do with them and no offer of help yourself!

Give someone a fish you've given them a meal. Teach them how to fish and you have taught them to feed themselves the rest of their lives.

Better yet.....let's make huge cuts in foreign aid and use\ the money to secure our border from unwanted foreigners.

How many of those relatives that taking these "children" in are also illegal? I don't then that is being checked.

The term we should be using to describe these people is minors. The majority of them are teenagers.

The central American countries are becoming depopulated. One million Honduran people, 20% of that country's population is now living in the US. 70% of those Hondurans living here are illegal. The numbers are similar for other central American counties.

This migration to the US increased started in the 1970s. The primary cause for them leaving is that these countries are already poor and have suffered numerous natural disasters in the last 40 years that the governments there cannot manage. Recent drug and crime activity there makes it worse.

There is nothing unusual about these problems with children in many Latin American countries. Children being abandoned by their parents and living on the streets of large cities is common. Brazil has one of the worst problems. Brazil also has enormous wealth that is not being used to help these street children.

When you can't solve the problems you resort to name calling! So I take it your answer is you have done nothing with your entire life to help the poor, yet you want the borders open to all without a real plan of action of what to do with them and no offer of help yourself!

Give someone a fish you've given them a meal. Teach them how to fish and you have taught them to feed themselves the rest of their lives.

No, you can take my answer as a claim that based on your statements, I have contributed much more to charitable human causes than you have. As if it really mattered.

"Have you dug a well"? :-\ I'm betting the money I have - and will - contribute far outweighs your little symbolic efforts to assuage your own self-rightousness.

Besides, only a fool would get on here and start touting their little voluntary contributions to human kind as being superior to those of a complete stranger. It's a stupid, childish attempt to establish moral superiority.

As far as the name calling, that's out of character for me. I usually point out the idiocy of a post instead of the poster. But I just can't avoid it when dealing with a self-righteous hypocrite such as you. You are a classic Pharisee.

Titan we have long since passed 5000 but the question is will you take one? Maybe you say but surely others can Therein lies the problem. We are all concerned about these children but few will take in even one.

Cut the rate of pay for Congress and the President by 45%. Cut their pensions and force them into the exchanges.

Titan we have long since passed 5000 but the question is will you take one? Maybe you say but surely others can Therein lies the problem. We are all concerned about these children but few will take in even one.

I can look into it, but I imagine most of these kids would benefit more from a household where at least one person speaks Spanish.

No, you can take my answer as a claim that based on your statements, I have contributed much more to charitable human causes than you have. As if it really mattered.

"Have you dug a well"? :-\ I'm betting the money I have - and will - contribute far outweighs your little symbolic efforts to assuage your own self-rightousness.

Besides, only a fool would get on here and start touting their little voluntary contributions to human kind as being superior to those of a complete stranger. It's a stupid, childish attempt to establish moral superiority.

As far as the name calling, that's out of character for me. I usually point out the idiocy of a post instead of the poster. But I just can't avoid it when dealing with a self-righteous hypocrite such as you. You are a classic Pharisee.

"betting the money I have - and will - contribute far outweighs your little symbolic efforts" So you know you have donated more than a complete stranger? Pretty self righteous of you.

As if you actually care.....20 some wells, in 5 different countries. You are also intelligent enough to understand my point. We can "witch and moan" about "Oh we should do this and that" for these people illegally crossing the border, but oh NO, not me, I will not get off my backside and do anything to help, but I feel our govt should do this and that!!!

We are the people, we are the govt.

Cut the rate of pay for Congress and the President by 45%. Cut their pensions and force them into the exchanges.

+

Or give them the pay of the lowest paid civil servant. A GS1 at about $18,000 a year.

"betting the money I have - and will - contribute far outweighs your little symbolic efforts" So you know you have donated more than a complete stranger? Pretty self righteous of you.

As if you actually care.....20 some wells, in 5 different countries. You are also intelligent enough to understand my point. We can "witch and moan" about "Oh we should do this and that" for these people illegally crossing the border, but oh NO, not me, I will not get off my backside and do anything to help, but I feel our govt should do this and that!!!

We are the people, we are the govt.

Is that worth more than $200+k? That's what I have given. What I will give (upon my death) is currently a little over $2 million. I am 63 so who knows? I don't have kids and don't believe I owe anyone else anything, so it's all going to charity. Now do you want to take my word or should I post my tax returns and net worth statements on the internet? :-\

Self righteous little prick.

Well of course it's ironic! That's the whole point! (duuuuh)

It's a pissing contest to establish who is "worthy enough" to talk about this issue. That's what happens if you go down that road. SRLP apparently didn't get the message which is why he doubled-downed with his "20 wells" :-\

I'm ashamed I played along instead of just ignoring him like I should have.

Archived