English Premier League fans?

InfernoOrangeSS

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy watching the early 6:45 and 9:00 games, then rolling right into "real" football at 11:00 ... let it all begin this weekend! Go Blues! Chelsea have all the makings of a Champions League team this year. Get a feeling there will really be some solid parity in the top 4-6 teams this year.

Heck, with some of these mid-year MLS signings, it may even be tolerable to watch more than moments at a time. Am hoping that the big names will make it easier for the casual fan to watch a wider cross section of the teams. Have already watched some NYCFC and Orlando because the aging internationals are still seriously good.

Are you talking about Kaka?

I enjoy watching the early 6:45 and 9:00 games, then rolling right into "real" football at 11:00 ... let it all begin this weekend! Go Blues! Chelsea have all the makings of a Champions League team this year. Get a feeling there will really be some solid parity in the top 4-6 teams this year.

Heck, with some of these mid-year MLS signings, it may even be tolerable to watch more than moments at a time. Am hoping that the big names will make it easier for the casual fan to watch a wider cross section of the teams. Have already watched some NYCFC and Orlando because the aging internationals are still seriously good.

Lampard and Pirlo in the same team :bananadance: , When I was in NYC all the NYCFC merchadise was a hot seller. The MLS is most definitely going to turn into the retirement home for a lot of the worlds best, though it will only be the "sexy" teams like NY,LA and Florida teams that players would find attractive to play and live there.

Are you talking about Kaka?

Meh he probably stands out in the MLS but his best days are long gone.

A point today against Swansea is not the way you want to start things off, I am more fussed that Courtouis got a red card and he will e out for the man city game. :angry:

The #2 goalie made a couple solid saves.

Was a good game. Swansea had a ton of speed and used it well. Was a good game. Both teams had their chances. Gotta hand it to Swansea. They came to win in opening day ... Not get an away tie, but that is what they were awarded with

Cant believe Arsenal losing 2-0 at home to West Ham ...that young lad who was only 16 years old and collecting his exam results next week had Ozil in his back pocket haha

Glad to see Liverpool get a win. Wished I could have actually watched it. Interested in what the team looks like this year.

A point today against Swansea is not the way you want to start things off, I am more fussed that Courtouis got a red card and he will e out for the man city game. :angry:

Try only getting a point at home to Watford. Mehverton indeed. We need a #10 and a CB before the window closes and the drama over a couple of possibilities is getting old.

Glad to see Liverpool get a win. Wished I could have actually watched it. Interested in what the team looks like this year.

Was relatively pleased with the defense. Otherwise reminded me of last season.

That does not fill me with much hope, but I thank you for your impressions.

YNWA!

That does not fill me with much hope, but I thank you for your impressions.

YNWA!

Benteke never really got involved, and that's my fear with him. Hoping to see more from him in the next few weeks.

Coutinho looked great.

Revamped midfield performed OK.

We had two new outside defenders who did well, and Skrtl and Lovren both played as well as, if not better than, they did all last season.

If we can just get more goal-scoring, this defense will be enough to have us contending for top 4.

Ha! Was watching the pre-match, and they asked the Crystal Palace manager, Alan Pardew, about his plan for the game. He replied, "We have a process that we'll follow." He pronounced it pro- (like all-pro) -cess; but it was still funny. On the plus side, they have a bald eagle mascot; I think they even fly it around the pitch before the game.

Just a bit of influence from the state of Alabama?

Got the time wrong. I guess the game started at 3pm Eastern, coverage at 2:30pm. Sigh. I turned it on just after Benteke scored his first goal at Anfield.

;)

YNWA!

Well, City had their way today with Everton. The Blues need to get some of these rumored signings done or is going to be a long, long season.

Liverpool with a scoreless draw at the Emirates today. Good start to the season. Amazingly, our defense looks stout. Benteke also looks better than anyone we had up front last season. I think we're a much better team than last year. Maybe not top 4; but maybe so.

Well, City had their way today with Everton. The Blues need to get some of these rumored signings done or is going to be a long, long season.

I thought the Toffees were going to turn it around after that second game. Maybe City just really is that good this season. They've looked it so far.

Early in the season city is the class of the bunch. Chelsea forgot how to play or the other managers have figured out the defense

City looking fantastic at this point. West Ham with the incredible away form also impressive, in a way.

Chelsea looking sick (sorry, golf).

:P

How did you folks think you team did now that the transfer window is closed? Thought Everton did OK, but still need a playmaker. Interested to see how the team looks when everyone is healty. I think they can play for a Euro league spot if the cards fall right.

Crystal Palace is the story of this early season. Former Newcastle hot head coach Alan Perdew knows what he's doing between the end lines and has a very average bench playing quality soccer. Loooong season though.

Archived