English Premier League fans?

InfernoOrangeSS

How did you folks think you team did now that the transfer window is closed? Thought Everton did OK, but still need a playmaker. Interested to see how the team looks when everyone is healty. I think they can play for a Euro league spot if the cards fall right.

I think Liverpool managed some addition by subtraction, and I actually like the players we brought in, for the most part. Maybe a B, if you're asking for a grade. Benteke is better so far than I thought he'd be. Jury is still out on Fuhrmino (sp?). Gomez looks good so far.

Side note on Benteke. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I think Mignolet is terrible at distributing the ball out of the back. He seems not to know where to go, and he always picks the wrong place. But now, he has the option, which thankfully he's chosen a lot so far, of just kicking it long to Benteke. That's like 1000 times better than what he used to do.

Man City looks best on field and best in transfer window, if you ask me.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you folks think you team did now that the transfer window is closed? Thought Everton did OK, but still need a playmaker. Interested to see how the team looks when everyone is healty. I think they can play for a Euro league spot if the cards fall right.

I think Liverpool managed some addition by subtraction, and I actually like the players we brought in, for the most part. Maybe a B, if you're asking for a grade. Benteke is better so far than I thought he'd be. Jury is still out on Fuhrmino (sp?). Gomez looks good so far.

Side note on Benteke. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I think Mignolet is terrible at distributing the ball out of the back. He seems not to know where to go, and he always picks the wrong place. But now, he has the option, which thankfully he's chosen a lot so far, of just kicking it long to Benteke. That's like 1000 times better than what he used to do.

You hit on everything I would say about Liverpool much better than I would have. I think we're just missing a scoring threat that can break open a game, but I'm sure a lot of teams are. Not good to be dependent on that kind of offense.

I'm liking the team so far and I think we could make a better showing this year than last.

YNWA

You hit on everything I would say about Liverpool much better than I would have. I think we're just missing a scoring threat that can break open a game, but I'm sure a lot of teams are. Not good to be dependent on that kind of offense.

I'm liking the team so far and I think we could make a better showing this year than last.

YNWA

I think we'll find out a lot when we play Man U on Saturday. A good showing there will give me some real hope.

YNWA!

Ugly ugly I think this is the worst start for Blue since the 90's. Oh well on to Auburn

We'll really see how good Mourinho is now. It seems like the team has already given up on the season, since City is so far ahead of them. Like, if they can't win the league, they might as well not play. That's death for a team. Let's see if the Special One can bring them out of it.

I don't care too much for money,

CAUSE MONEY CAN'T BUY JOHN STONES!!!

Getting up at 6:30am this morning was so worth it with that 3-1 win. Defense was strong, and the Scotish Messi with the perfect hat trick. I'm watching the highlights again to wash the taste out of my mouth from that AU football game.

LOL, well done, Everton!

Did anyone see Benteke's strike against ManU? Twas the only thing of beauty in that game from Liverpool's POV.

Yeah, that was wild. I really thought Liverpool would start better than this, but...

I've never felt more like singing the blues

Than when Evertone win and Liverpool lose!

Has any team other than Man City not had horrible moments already this season? Unless they fall off their bike, it will be the fights for champions league spots and relegation. Did anyone see who is one spot out of relegation!? I know it is only 5 games in, but who would have put Chelsea in that position?

Crazy sports season already.

Liverpool win 3-2 with 2 goals for Sturridge on his return. He actually hooked up well with Ings -- lots of one-touch passing with those two, and Coutinho joined in as well. Interesting to see what happens when Bentekke comes back from injury.

Arsenal with a big win.

Spurs spanked City.

Chelsea came back to draw 2-2 with Newcastle after trailing 2-0.

Thank you for the update, AUbritt!

Because of work, I haven't been able to see one game live this year.

YNWA!

Merseyside Derby tied 1-1 at half. Entertaining game!

ETA: Liverpool 1 - Everton 1, final score. Was an entertaining game throughout.

Arsenal set to host Man U at the Emirates, coming right up!

Ugly that is all.

I don't really like Jose Mourinho, but I'll give him credit for taking this debacle head on. Saw an interview where he said they'd have to fire him, that he wouldn't quit, and that he still thinks he's the best manager for Chelsea. Good for him.

right when i thought city was infallible, they start to lose. right when that starts to get your attention the go all 6-1 on Newcastle. what the heck has happened to the blues!?!? they have now given me the blues. all of my sports teams are hurting me. except for Auburn women's soccer. Even the Carolina Panthers are tough to watch on O, but they are winning.

right when i thought city was infallible, they start to lose. right when that starts to get your attention the go all 6-1 on Newcastle. what the heck has happened to the blues!?!? they have now given me the blues. all of my sports teams are hurting me. except for Auburn women's soccer. Even the Carolina Panthers are tough to watch on O, but they are winning.

Cry me a river. My past year has seen me go through poor seasons for every team I follow, (Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Dolphins, and Liverpool.)

Sports watching has been a struggle the past two years for me. :(

One of the things I liked about the EPL is I didn't have any attachments and could simply enjoy. Then a few years ago I found myself rooting for Chelsea ... And now dang if I don't care ... I'll have to apologize to all the blues fans cuz I think it's my fault they are at the bottom of the table!

One of the things I liked about the EPL is I didn't have any attachments and could simply enjoy. Then a few years ago I found myself rooting for Chelsea ... And now dang if I don't care ... I'll have to apologize to all the blues fans cuz I think it's my fault they are at the bottom of the table!

Damn I knew it had to be something or someone.....Damn you to heck eagle......damn you to heck :hammerin: :hammerin: :hammerin::cheers:

With all the ... er ... excitement surrounding Auburn lately, I failed to note that Liverpool have fired Brendan Rodgers. Speculation is that they'll now make a move to hire Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp for the Kop, I guess.

YNWA!

With all the ... er ... excitement surrounding Auburn lately, I failed to note that Liverpool have fired Brendan Rodgers. Speculation is that they'll now make a move to hire Jurgen Klopp.

YNWA!

What!?! How did I miss that? I knew it was a possibility, but thought they would give him this year. Wow!

YNWA

YNWA!

What!?! How did I miss that? I knew it was a possibility, but thought they would give him this year. Wow!

YNWA

Seems that Klopp has agreed to terms and could sign as early as today. He''l be bringing in his own staff, too.

YNWA!

YNWA

Seems that Klopp has agreed to terms and could sign as early as today. He''l be bringing in his own staff, too.

The more I hear/read about this move, the more I am liking it. I think Klopp could do some serious good in shaking LFC up. I should be able to watch a game or two in the next weeks.

YNWA!!

Archived