Double Standard Much DOD?

Weegle777

A couple of posts up.

WTF, why can't you just say what it is?

I am not trying to play with you. Is the "simple question" : Is vacation Bible school is equivalent to a civic parade?

For someone who is always talking about being a "stand-up man" you sure can get evasive after a direct question. Why so wary? What are you afraid of?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, it's not healthy for the Baptist Church or the country to glorify war. "God's rescue squad"?

Patriotism is fine and we should honor and support our military, but this is a little over the top. We need to be far more realistic about the nature of war and the military's role in it.

They aren't glorifying war, they are honoring these brave soldiers who provide freedom for us.

Letting kids crawl around a Humvee is glorifying war. Marching in a civic parade is not.

And from a practical administration basis, I imagine the latter is budgeted, while the former is not. I think the pastor is making a mistake by making an issue of this. Who in the future qualifies for the "visit" and who doesn't? Based on what?

So if kids "crawl" around an H3, or a green jeep, is that glorifying war? You are big time reaching on that one. And this officer said that he didn't want to offend anybody, but he sure didn't care about offending those church people did he?

Yes, IMO taking military equipment to a bible school to impress the kids with how cool it is is glorifying war.

Maybe he was thinking ahead to future requests he might have to decline.

Glorifying War? OK, you are welcome you are not forced to join the Nazi party or wear a Burka whenever you leave your house. Again, you are welcome, but I am shocked at how ignorant you are!

Well, how about substituting it with a field trip to a wounded soldier facility?

Let's teach them to respect the human service and sacrifice that is intrinsic to war instead of just having fun playing with the hardware.

And I am not shocked at all by your simplistic insults. I expect it of you.

Obviously you have never served, and no very little about the military or war. If you did, you would understand how insulting it is to think of any uniformed military member as....... glorifying war.

Believe me, there is nothing glorifying about war. Just ask those currently doing battle with ISIS.

But then, I didn't say that, did I?

You are on the same level as Blue with spinning simple words to fit your (wacko) paradigms.

IMO, it's not healthy for the Baptist Church or the country to glorify war. "God's rescue squad"?

Patriotism is fine and we should honor and support our military, but this is a little over the top. We need to be far more realistic about the nature of war and the military's role in it.

They aren't glorifying war, they are honoring these brave soldiers who provide freedom for us.

Letting kids crawl around a Humvee is glorifying war. Marching in a civic parade is not.

And from a practical administration basis, I imagine the latter is budgeted, while the former is not. I think the pastor is making a mistake by making an issue of this. Who in the future qualifies for the "visit" and who doesn't? Based on what?

So if kids "crawl" around an H3, or a green jeep, is that glorifying war? You are big time reaching on that one. And this officer said that he didn't want to offend anybody, but he sure didn't care about offending those church people did he?

Yes, IMO taking military equipment to a bible school to impress the kids with how cool it is is glorifying war.

Maybe he was thinking ahead to future requests he might have to decline.

Glorifying War? OK, you are welcome you are not forced to join the Nazi party or wear a Burka whenever you leave your house. Again, you are welcome, but I am shocked at how ignorant you are!

Well, how about substituting it with a field trip to a wounded soldier facility?

Let's teach them to respect the human service and sacrifice that is intrinsic to war instead of just having fun playing with the hardware.

And I am not shocked at all by your simplistic insults. I expect it of you.

Obviously you have never served, and no very little about the military or war. If you did, you would understand how insulting it is to think of any uniformed military member as....... glorifying war.

Believe me, there is nothing glorifying about war. Just ask those currently doing battle with ISIS.

But then, I didn't say that, did I?

You are on the same level as Blue with spinning simple words to fit your (wacko) paradigms.

Is that your response, really?

Archived