2014 Fall Practice - Day 1

RunInRed

In the long run, I think Malzahn will be the greatest coach ever at Auburn and maybe even be better than Saban. I have full confidence that he'll have this team ready to dominate this year.

Maybe? he'll have his statue up i'll say 4 years from now lol

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Gus........

*** Auburn slowed practice down for the youngsters to "give them a good foundation" with the teaching part.

*** Nick Marshall and Jonathon Mincy will not start against Arkansas.

*** Malzahn confirms OG Alex Kozan hurt his back in offseason. He will miss the entire season after surgery.

*** How long will Marshall and Mincy be held out in the opener? "I'm not ready to say that yet."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/08/live_updates_gus_malzahn_talks_8.html

Well I guess that OL sorts itself out then, but man it sucks to lose Kozan.

I'm thinking the length or Marshall's/Mincy's sitting will be dependent upon how the game starts for us. If things go south early, expect them back in quickly.

Behind Reese, Slade will be one of the highest SEC OLs that are not OTs to go in the draft next year. Why do you think that every coach that has been here over the last 4 years has started Chad, even over they 4 and 5 star players coming in. You think they think they owe him something. This spring when they moved Avery over everyone was talking about Chad not being the best choice, and now we see it was only to be able to facilitate Kozen being out. Chad is the most versatile OL we have. RR maybe you can convince these guys better than me. And he was listed on the coaches all SEC picks. Y'all sure you watch AU football. WDE

You think Slade will get drafted???

Mr. Clean Uniform was the only soft spot on the line last year. Trust me, (from inside the program) he graded out worse than any OL starter last season... fyi

Talking bout the injuries gonna make us lose 5 games...Harrell,Nero would of never played anyways. Appears Wright at DE so Lawson doesnt really hurt now ,Adams can be moved to end if someone else gets hurts we got alot of DT and JaBrain Niles would be at DT as a 4 star that never plays. Kozan doesnt hurt either Chad Slade was all sec at RG and Young is a 5 star moving to right guard, Miller has started games at RT. Lawson would only be in on passing downs, he not that good vs the run. All Arkansas will do., they wanna keep the ball away from Aub's offense. The schedule is not tough, this will be a down year in the sec. So many new qb's starting for one thing. Georgia and Tex A &M on verge of playing scout team with players getting booted, paper thin on defense. LSU has to replace their entire hands team on offense and center,( chemistry gonna take a while ).Kansas St plays a crap load of walk ons. Miss St lacks depht contain Prescott,Lewis. Alabama and the spread dont mix so well. Only one team will compete with us I think, Ole Miss...they have depht on defense to rotate,returning senior QB, great wr core, decent o-line. They run same offense and defense as us.

I'm not sure if I've ever disagreed with so many different points in a single post before and that's not hyperbole.

And how did he come up with the whole "schedule is not tough" deal? You mean the schedule that is rated 6th toughest in the country? Alrighty then.

great to hear roc practiced without limitations,man's got a bright future ahead of him, imagine him with corey returning kickoffs and maybe them both playing the speed back role, oh boy im giddy about the possibilities

If PTB is out there, what kind of weight lifting injury on kozans back are we looking at. I thought back injuries creep up on the career ending side.

Just saw the post on 247sports, not even a suspension for Marshall or Mincy. They just won't start. Could be as little as 1 series, but I would guess no more than a quarter

Just saw the post on 247sports, not even a suspension for Marshall or Mincy. They just won't start. Could be as little as 1 series, but I would guess no more than a quarter

I figure Nick for a half...JMO but not fair to JJ to start him and then pull him right back out. Also, JMO but if JJ is an SEC caliber QB then it's a good chance for him to see some major action...and send the message that Gus wants' to send.

I think it is au some they get to bob for apples during breaks.

Seriously though, it will be huge for us to be no worse than a 1 loss team, and be competitive in any loss to keep the momentum. Tubs could never sustain the mo which led to doubt and unnecessary meddling.

JJ can win this game, but Marshall needs the game time experience to take us to the final four. Even if JJ puts 100 points on the board we need to play marshall

If JJ puts up 100, he becomes starter.

JJ can win this game, but Marshall needs the game time experience to take us to the final four. Even if JJ puts 100 points on the board we need to play marshall

Just playing devil's advocate but what if JJ starts and absolutely lights it up. I mean 20/25 for 350 yards and 3 tds 0 ints against an SEC west opponent. Is there ANY chance Gus even considers letting JJ starts game 2? Just food for thought...

If JJ puts up 100, he becomes starter.

I'm thinking along the same lines. Obviously not 100 but what if we put up 60? If JJ has a solid fall camp and plays lights out against Ark maybe things get cloudy...

Just playing devil's advocate but what if JJ starts and absolutely lights it up. I mean 20/25 for 350 yards and 3 tds 0 ints against an SEC west opponent. Is there ANY chance Gus even considers letting JJ starts game 2? Just food for thought...

0%

Archived