2014 Fall Practice - Day 7

RunInRed

Ok, I just checked on the first page. I'm really sorry to ask this, but is there another player rumored to be out for the season? Besides CL and AK?

Shades of Chizik…where the heck is the leadership?

I can confirm we will be without jake holland this season.

Who will we make fun of now?

I guess caleb1633. :dunno:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auburn d-line coach Rodney Garner today: "We need to find an edge pass rusher. We need 2. We need 3. Right now, we don't have one."

@coachingsearch

Started a thread about this a few weeks ago. It's my biggest concern with this team and there isn't a close second. Ford and Lawson led the team in sacks and they are both gone. We don't have any pure pass rushers, period. Atleast not right now. We have DTs playing end in a pinch. Ellis is having to use Cass as a DE in passing situations because we are so deficient in this area. My fear is that our inability to get pressure on QBs will cost us close games this season.

It's not funny because after last season, the dline was the only element accountable, only part that was dependable. Yes the offense will score points but our d needs to reliable to get back to top four. Here's to hoping Lambert and Daniel pick it up.

Auburn d-line coach Rodney Garner today: "We need to find an edge pass rusher. We need 2. We need 3. Right now, we don't have one."

@coachingsearch

Started a thread about this a few weeks ago. It's my biggest concern with this team and there isn't a close second. Ford and Lawson led the team in sacks and they are both gone. We don't have any pure pass rushers, period. Atleast not right now. We have DTs playing end in a pinch. Ellis is having to use Cass as a DE in passing situations because we are so deficient in this area. My fear is that our inability to get pressure on QBs will cost us close games this season.

Good thing we have Gus!!! I don't think Gus plans on having many close game this year! War Eagle

First to the poster who called out the training staff for not recognizing the step issues in Garrett's gait that maybe contributed to his stress fractures...you sir must be kidding. I don't even know how to begin to tell you that your very insinuation is absurd. May God have mercy on your soul.

I'm glad we have Garrett back on the field. I would love to see him and RT on the field together at some point in the season.

We need some defensive ends. Anybody got a year of eligibility left?

Read this article, particularly the excerpt I provided below and remind yourselves that Gus and the coaching staff knows what they are doing.

Lashlee during spring training when everybody was wondering why the positions on the OL were being flip-flopped.

"What happens if Chad Slade goes down in the middle of the season, what are we going to do then? Or what happens if Alex Kozan goes down, what are we going to do then? Maybe move this guy there," Lashlee said.

"We waited until practice 7 or 8 intentionally to do that and start mixing and matching guys to see how they work and see who we can, inside our top so many guys, move guys around as we need to as the season goes on, because we never know what's going to happen."

http://www.al.com/au...uburns_off.html

I seen this article referenced on twitter, so I decided to share it with ya'll.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/08/08/3239144/auburn-football-jb-grimes-trying.html?sp=%2F99%2F210%2F#storylink=cpy

@coachingsearch

Where is Ladarius Owens? Man I had high hopes for him. Apparently A. Williams isn't picking it up as fast as we'd hoped...and E. Daniel? Thought he'd be a strong end for us this year. Never thought AU would be without quality a DEs.

@coachingsearch

Where is Ladarius Owens? Man I had high hopes for him. Apparently A. Williams isn't picking it up as fast as we'd hoped...and E. Daniel? Thought he'd be a strong end for us this year. Never thought AU would be without quality a DEs.

This is very disconcerting. Guess Coach Garner is gonna have to make the most of what he's got.

@coachingsearch

This is very disconcerting. Guess Coach Garner is gonna have to make the most of what he's got.

I, for one, feel like this is a challenge from Coach Garner to Owens, Daniel, and the other veteran DE's to prove him wrong! I read an article recently about Owens stepping up and taking a leadership role on the Dline, and we all know that E. Daniel was very good as a freshman last year. I find it hard to believe Coach Garner has given up on our DE's, and even harder to believe he would broadcast to the media that we don't have a viable pass rushing threat from the edge this year. I think he may just be baiting Coach Meatsweats into thinking they can run us out of our own stadium on August 30th.

CRG is hard on his guys. I got that from his comments around this time last year. He probably thinks being overly complimentary may lead to complacency. Being hard on them just challenges them more.

CRG is hard on his guys. I got that from his comments around this time last year. He probably thinks being overly complimentary may lead to complacency. Being hard on them just challenges them more.

Yeah, I wouldn't sound the alarm bells just yet.

@coachingsearch

I, for one, feel like this is a challenge from Coach Garner to Owens, Daniel, and the other veteran DE's to prove him wrong! I read an article recently about Owens stepping up and taking a leadership role on the Dline, and we all know that E. Daniel was very good as a freshman last year. I find it hard to believe Coach Garner has given up on our DE's, and even harder to believe he would broadcast to the media that we don't have a viable pass rushing threat from the edge this year. I think he may just be baiting Coach Meatsweats into thinking they can run us out of our own stadium on August 30th.

Recruiting tactic. Immediate playing time.

I think rushing from the edge is going to be a weakness, but overall I see the entire DL generating more push. Hopefully improved LB and DB play will allow us to blitz more too to get that rush off the edge.

Ok, I just checked on the first page. I'm really sorry to ask this, but is there another player rumored to be out for the season? Besides CL and AK?

I guess caleb1633. :dunno:

Actually, I would like to see Jake Holland back on the sideline - as a Graduate Assistant helping coach the linebackers. I think Jake understood the scheme and could call the plays, but was just a step slow himself. I think he could help out a lot as GA.

I guess caleb1633. :dunno:/>

Actually, I would like to see Jake Holland back on the sideline - as a Graduate Assistant helping coach the linebackers. I think Jake understood the scheme and could call the plays, but was just a step slow himself. I think he could help out a lot as GA.

he was very smart and he is an Auburn man so why not! I would love to have Will herring as GA as well.

@coachingsearch

Agree 100%. I think it is more about motivation. There is some good talent there. I just think Garner wants them to step up to another level....that statement could aid in doing that. I just don't buy we don't have ANY good DE's and it's that dire. It's a concern but far from a major concern IMO.

1. If you're still making fun of Jake Holland, get some new material. Dude played hurt, suffered through a nightmare of a coaching carousel and never got an ounce of respect from the fans, but he never complained and he gave everything he could (you could probably say that about some other players that get/have gotten crapped on). He's not here anymore. Get on with your lives.

2. I agree that Garner's comments are quite possibly motivational in nature.

I agree that Jake Holland is smart. IMO, that is why he played. He is also an Auburn man and he's one of the family but come on guys can't we laugh at and poke fun at our family? War Eagle Jake!

Jake bringing the pain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15baItZ_o40

tackling wasn't his bread n butter. ironic for a linebacker

I agree that Jake Holland is smart. IMO, that is why he played. He is also an Auburn man and he's one of the family but come on guys can't we laugh at and poke fun at our family? War Eagle Jake!

Jake bringing the pain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15baItZ_o40

LMAO!!!!! real tears

Archived