2014 Fall Practice - Day 7

RunInRed

Its great to hear about the Freshmen that are performing well. Excited to here about Roberts and Boston looking good so early in camp. This last signing class had some good looking DBs in it and glad to hear they came in ready to go. Surprised to hear of Griffin playing at star. That position is just hard to get a read on. We know have 2 former corners and a former LB playing that spot. Let the arguments continue as to what that position really is!! I'm worried but not surprised about moving players around to get more pass rush. We all knew that took a major hit when Lawson went down so this just confirms what we knew. I hope we don't have to blitz to bring pressure but I hope we do blitz some to bring pressure. I must say though that the idea of moving Cass to end on passing plays and bringing in another DB sounds like a great way to get some speed on the edge.

Sounds like Braden is going to be tough to keep off the field this year. Love to hear we have another option on the OL Outside of Danzey I wasn't sure we had a second OG ready to go.

YOU SAID GRIFFIN AND YOU MEANT RUFFIN!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Uhhh...yes Ruffin is the right name. Glad I made a funny for ya. I'll be here all week....and probably every week after that for the foreseeable future :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dontavious Russell might be a force this year in a backup role. Don't sleep on him while people on the other thread are begging for DT's.

Are folks concerned about DTs this year? Hope not. (A lot of us are, however, concerned about DTs in the current recruiting cycle. Happy to discuss further over in Recruiting.)

EDIT: Agree with you about Russell, now that Coach Garner said so, lol. Hope A. Williams is doing well over at DE, too, but Garner's looking hard over there and we haven't heard his name much.

The DT position should be a strength this year! We have 4 seniors plus Adams and Russell so I have very high expectations for that group. Even if Gabe kicks out to the end position some, the DT group will be solid.

The very reason we're not concerned about defensive tackle this year this year is the reason we're concerned about next year and beyond.

The very reason we're not concerned about defensive tackle this year this year is the reason we're concerned about next year and beyond.

Articulate and true.

Lambert making a move at DE

"I think he's going to play a major role this season," defensive line coach Rodney Garnersaid Friday. "In fact, I think he's pushing to be a 1 (starter). He's a 2 now, but he's pushing to be a 1. If he'll keep coming, he may end up being the 1."

Sophomore Elijah Daniel was projected to be the Tigers' starter on the left side after spending his freshman year as a backup in 2013, but Lambert's athleticism, commitment and consistency have given coaches pause following the first week of preseason camp.

http://www.al.com/au...ng_up_dept.html

PS- Another little nugget from the article. Seems we have another kid coming in from GMC, name escapes me :)

Garner credits Lambert's two seasons at Georgia Military College for his consistency, discipline and accountability.

CAP and Corey Grant have separated themselves from the rest of the running backs. No surprise really

http://www.al.com/au...backs_have.html

There's a 10 ton elephant in the corner waiting to stampeed and nobody in the media or elsewhere's acknowledging it. A HIGHLY effective part of Malzahn's offenses historically but one he hasn't had the right player for yet at Auburn, is the RB that's respected coming out of the backfield by defenses but who also has great catching ability. Jonothan Ford was in line to play that role last year but we needed him on D. Jovon Robinson should be the perfect candidate when he arrives next year. I see there's a "RS" by his name on this board's depth chart but right now Kamryn Pettway is in the right place at the right time to be a key figure in this O with a chance to put up some phenomenal all-purpose yards THIS year.

Lambert making a move at DE

"I think he's going to play a major role this season," defensive line coach Rodney Garnersaid Friday. "In fact, I think he's pushing to be a 1 (starter). He's a 2 now, but he's pushing to be a 1. If he'll keep coming, he may end up being the 1."

Sophomore Elijah Daniel was projected to be the Tigers' starter on the left side after spending his freshman year as a backup in 2013, but Lambert's athleticism, commitment and consistency have given coaches pause following the first week of preseason camp.

http://www.al.com/au...ng_up_dept.html

PS- Another little nugget from the article. Seems we have another kid coming in from GMC, name escapes me :)/>

Garner credits Lambert's two seasons at Georgia Military College for his consistency, discipline and accountability.

Jovon Robinson?

I really hope they don't settle on just one RB and feed him the ball. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams split carries and get on the field at the same time. I hope we can do the same with CAP and Grant.

I really hope they don't settle on just one RB and feed him the ball. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams split carries and get on the field at the same time. I hope we can do the same with CAP and Grant.

Personally, I hope either CAP or Grant break Tre Mason's rushing record this year...

PS- Another little nugget from the article. Seems we have another kid coming in from GMC, name escapes me :)/>

Jovon Robinson?

:)

I had forgotten that Lawrence went there, too.

Ok, I just checked on the first page. I'm really sorry to ask this, but is there another player rumored to be out for the season? Besides CL and AK?

Shades of Chizik…where the heck is the leadership?

Ok, I just checked on the first page. I'm really sorry to ask , but is there another player rumored to be out for the season? Besides CL and AK?

What is wrong with our leadership and where does leadership fit with your first question?

Edit) I am assuming you are not talking injuries, so just let the rumor kill over, is about all I can say. I don't see any validity in the rumor whatsoever.

Ok, I just checked on the first page. I'm really sorry to ask this, but is there another player rumored to be out for the season? Besides CL and AK?

I know we all have PTSD from 2011-2012, but until we have 4 players in jail for serious crimes, voluntary workouts, declining grades, all around dysfunction on the team, and two years of blowout losses, I'm gonna refrain from thinking that Malzahn's regime has any sort of resemblance to Chizik's.

Since you can not find out what you want when you want....does not reflect a void of leadership....we will all know by Aug 30...Patience grasshopper:)

I can confirm we will be without jake holland this season.

:bow:

What a shame.

Who will we make fun of now?

Who will we make fun of now?

:dunno:

Darn! Well I guess we're in trouble now! LOL.

Personally, I hope either CAP or Grant break Tre Mason's rushing record this year...

While we're hopin,' hope both of them do. ;)

Read this article, particularly the excerpt I provided below and remind yourselves that Gus and the coaching staff knows what they are doing.

Lashlee during spring training when everybody was wondering why the positions on the OL were being flip-flopped.

"What happens if Chad Slade goes down in the middle of the season, what are we going to do then? Or what happens if Alex Kozan goes down, what are we going to do then? Maybe move this guy there," Lashlee said.

"We waited until practice 7 or 8 intentionally to do that and start mixing and matching guys to see how they work and see who we can, inside our top so many guys, move guys around as we need to as the season goes on, because we never know what's going to happen."

http://www.al.com/au...uburns_off.html

I seen this article referenced on twitter, so I decided to share it with ya'll.

Archived