NM and JJ on the field at the same time?

cason

Cam/Kodi vs. Ole Miss in 2010. That was during the 2nd quarter I believe, no desperation there. 11 DAYS.

I was sitting in the end zone corner where Cam caught that pass - it was a moment of beauty! :bow:

I was bout to say the same thing. I guess we were desperate vs Ole Miss in 2010.

We didn't have two quarterbacks on the field on that play. Kodi was a WR in 2010.

Correct, but Cam was still at wideout;) Ok, I have the perfect play. ALL quarterbacks in every play!

Can you imaging JJ handing off to NM on a speed sweep!? The possibilities are nuts. Throwbacks to JJ or reverses to Grant would be nasty. Thoughts?

Interesting outside the box thinking. I would not be surprised to see Gus run something like this given the right circumstances.

Lol not realistic at all, and seems like something a 1A HS would try, but just something my mind wandered to since football hasn't arrived yet

But haven't you heard? Gus is nothing but a high school coach with a penchant for trick plays anyway. ...per :bamaspin: *

*From the same good folks that brought you: "Any of our three QB's is good enough to beat Auburn and win the NC in 2014. You don't need things like experience, playing time, or talent at QB when you have St. Nick's omnipotence!" :drink1:

(As for fancy plays with NM/JJ together? It's a lot of fun just brainstorming about what kind of craziness could ensue. But I think it's mere fantasy entertainment. We should be able to handle the Hogs without getting fancy as long as we focus on execution. I'd rather see us just focus on basics and what will be our bread&butter for the rest of the season, and work out any early-season kinks in the machine we expect this offense to be.

Also hoping our offense can carry our defense the first few games. With the loss of some big names on D, new folks there, and a seeming plague of minor injuries of late, I'd like the defense to get some time to gel.)

Double reverse to Sean white and I'm in. Maybe we could set the record for qb ' s injured in one play.

I Loled , yeah could go from being set at QB for 6 years to Quan Bray finishing out the season at QB.

You will see both QB's on the field at the same time this season. It will give the other team something else to prepare for. There will be a play where both are involved in the action, but we might not see it all year. Most of the time the other QB will just split out wide as a decoy, to give the defense a different look.

I really believe that we had both qb's in on at least one occasion last year. I remember saying to my brother sitting next to me at the game - "Hey, watch out. Marshall and Johnson are both in." May have been uga game. It only happened that one play in that game and only JJ touched the ball but I believe both were in.

Guest LIMESTONETIGER

Running Chris Leak and Tim Tebow in the same backfield with Harvin at wideout or slot worked out pretty good for Meyer/Mullen back in the day esp. in red zone situations. Gave D-Coord's just that much more to account for and made their D's just a half-step slower (ref. UF/OSU NCG). I like the idea of a few two-QB plays, not sure it significantly increases anyone's injury risk as most likely one QB would be a decoy (non-contact) in these scenarios. Marshall & Johnson with Grant on the sweep, CJ in the slot and Duke and Sammy on the edges would give the DC's a lot to react to especially if we run those looks only 5-10 times in the season. Then Inserted at the right juncture through Amen Corner could make the diff in a close game.

Running Chris Leak and Tim Tebow in the same backfield with Harvin at wideout or slot worked out pretty good for Meyer/Mullen back in the day esp. in red zone situations. Gave D-Coord's just that much more to account for and made their D's just a half-step slower (ref. UF/OSU NCG). I like the idea of a few two-QB plays, not sure it significantly increases anyone's injury risk as most likely one QB would be a decoy (non-contact) in these scenarios. Marshall & Johnson with Grant on the sweep, CJ in the slot and Duke and Sammy on the edges would give the DC's a lot to react to especially if we run those looks only 5-10 times in the season. Then Inserted at the right juncture through Amen Corner could make the diff in a close game.

Lol

Sorry...that makes no sense to me....we have all the speed we need in the backfield and a dynamic offense..... IMO, putting two QBs on the field at the same time is a sign of desperation.

I'm not sure what sense this post makes

No offense uses trick plays and personnel changes? Okay then. You'd use this because Jeremy can pull the ball and be the inside read or throw the ball very well, or Marshall to run to the outside or throw the ball very well. You have two very good throwing threats, and two very good running threats.

Lets not include the chance of Marshall throwing the ball backwards to Jeremy on a set up screen play. You can use so much plays out of this formation, you could run it 3 or 4 times.

Archived