Democrats registering voters in Ferguson, Mo

TheBlueVue

Dems have no shame but they are great spinners.

There is no question a few loyal liberal posters add credence to your claim.

I'm waiting for the facts to play out. The only thing I've really commented on is the hand wringing over voter registration.

Funny that you would call it hand wringing when its democrats politicizing a tragedy and registering voters using a narrative that isn't even based on the truth but you and homer both complained and whined about republicans politicizing a tragedy for contributions. So, in the end, whatever you dems do is fine and dandy but whatever republicans do is fair game for criticism. Did I get that about right?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting for the facts to play out. The only thing I've really commented on is the hand wringing over voter registration.

This was not necessarily an indictment of you Tex. Nevermind the guilty dog theory. ;)

Funny that you would call it hand wringing when its democrats politicizing a tragedy and registering voters using a narrative that isn't even based on the truth but you and homer both complained and whined about republicans politicizing a tragedy for contributions. So, in the end, whatever you dems do is fine and dandy but whatever republicans do is fair game for criticism. Did I get that about right?

Your narrative was written long ago. Facts won't change it. Merely registering folks to vote is a constructive response to frustration. Frustrated folks feel like they're doing something productive. Sad that y'all seem to equate it with rioting.

It has nothing to do with rioters but your statement is just a typical partisan response to the obvious.

Sad indeed.

It has nothing to do with rioters but your statement is just a typical partisan response to the obvious.

Sad indeed.

Hardly . The sad thing is how partisan you remain while decrying partisanship.

So, in your mind, registering new voters is a diabolical political strategy by the Democrats.

Did I get that about right?

I have NO problem with voting RIGHT. Voting left is another matter.......

Sad indeed.

Hardly . The sad thing is how partisan you remain while decrying partisanship.

has there EVER been a funnier "pot meet kettle moment"?

So, in your mind, registering new voters is a diabolical political strategy by the Democrats.

WTF? Are you a natural born moron or just work at it really hard? You and Tex are a trip and conveniently whine and complain until its your side politicizing an event to their benefit. You were the lead whiner who complained daily about the right politicizing the Benghazi issue for political contributions.The biggest problem you and Tex and the rest of you left wing wackos have is you have no clue who our real enemies are. You'd rather paint tea party activists in a much more negative light than you would looters criminals and terrorists.

WTF? Are you a natural born moron or just work at it really hard? You and Tex are a trip and conveniently whine and complain until its your side politicizing an event to their benefit. You were the lead whiner who complained daily about the right politicizing the Benghazi issue for political contributions.The biggest problem you and Tex and the rest of you left wing wackos have is you have no clue who our real enemies are. You'd rather paint tea party activists in a much more negative light than you would looters criminals and terrorists.

So, in your mind, the people registering to vote in Ferguson are "looters, criminals and terrorists"?

When Democrats initiate fund raising campaigns based on Republicans being directly responsible for shooting unarmed black kids, get back to me and we'll revisit this suggestion of equivalence.

Oh, and your insults are futile, especially one in which you (of all people) would call another poster a "moron". :rolleyes:

I have no interest in getting involved in the back & forth pi$$ing contest this thread has devolved into, so I'm merely going to express my opinion and leave it at that.

Feel free to agree or disagree as you wish. You have a right to your own opinion; I'm neither concerned with nor offended by opposing opinions.

So, IMHO:

The proper place to resolve the questions around the original shooting, or establish guilt or innocence of the parties involved, is in the courts, not the streets.

If the citizens of the town feel there is an endemic culture of racial prejudice and persecution in the police department, the proper place to resolve that is in the courts and at the ballot box. That being said, their right to peacefully assemble to petition for a redress of their grievances is protected by the Constitution.

Violence and looting are always wrong. If police efforts at crowd control become so aggressive or intimidating as to increase tensions or spur a more violent response, then the police have failed at their job of maintaining peace and public safety at a peaceful demonstration.

I see no reason to be offended or toss political insults at the voter registration drive. Now, if a registration booth organized by either party said "we only want your registration if you support our party, or if you have the "right" color of skin, that would certainly be wrong! But as far as I can see, no one is accusing these registration booths of that. I see it as a good thing, not exploitation of a tragedy. I see it as promoting an alternative to riots: "Please register and address your grievances at the ballot box, not through violence, rioting, or intimidation on the streets!" I don't see how anyone can condemn voter registration at any place or time. It is the heartbeat of our democracy!

I never said they shouldn't be able to do it! I'm merely stating it's bad form. If they want to use the death to register voters good for them. I guess I have a different set of values.

I never said they shouldn't be able to do it! I'm merely stating it's bad form. If they want to use the death to register voters good for them. I guess I have a different set of values.

Yes, you don't value involvement in the democratic process.

Yes, you don't value involvement in the democratic process.

Got a link on that one? If not delete the post. ;)/>

Archived