We've got the Pigs right where we want them.

AUenginerd

The heat and humidity will take an equal toll on both teams. I am more worried about our Defenses abilty to outlast Arkansas's offiense.

Our Defense may be on the field for most of the game. Why? Because our offense is going to be so explosive, I look for us to score a average of every ten plays over the course of the game.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy the heat/humidity thing at all ever since USC came in and shut us out at JHS in 2003 with a QB in his first start. We may be better conditioned, but as far as the heat goes, I think it won't be as big of a difference maker.

How well I remember all the heat & humidity advantage that was espoused back then. It was bull then and it's bull now. Will not be a factor.

+1

Someone said Greg Schiano said that they've figured Auburn out

so I guess we might as well all bet on the Arky hogs eh

Glad they did. Because if they are looking for last year, they are in for a huge surprise!

Auburn will win.

Arky trying to grind it out against the rhino package... Well, good luck with that.

There is no figuring out Gus. Gus even gets up 15 minutes early a day to figure himself out, gives up and just rolls with it.

Auburn 34

Arkansas 10

I don't buy the heat/humidity thing at all ever since USC came in and shut us out at JHS in 2003 with a QB in his first start. We may be better conditioned, but as far as the heat goes, I think it won't be as big of a difference maker.

That shutout had WAY more to due with our inept offense that year because of Tuberville's stupid decision to have a dual offensive coordinator system utilizing the playbook from his previous OC (petrino). Not to mention i do believe the guy calling the plays was in his first year of coaching at the collegiate level (high school head coach previous year). Our Defense did manage to hold USC to their lowest offensive output of the season. But that offense stunk all year against top teams.

Auburn will win.

Arky trying to grind it out against the rhino package... Well, good luck with that.

There is no figuring out Gus. Gus even gets up 15 minutes early a day to figure himself out, gives up and just rolls with it.

Auburn 34

Arkansas 10

Roll's over ...

mansory_rolls_royce_ghost.jpg

... them piggy's in style.

That shutout had WAY more to due with our inept offense that year because of Tuberville's stupid decision to have a dual offensive coordinator system utilizing the playbook from his previous OC (petrino). Not to mention i do believe the guy calling the plays was in his first year of coaching at the collegiate level (high school head coach previous year). Our Defense did manage to hold USC to their lowest offensive output of the season. But that offense stunk all year against top teams.

So, you're saying USC wilted in the heat and humidity? Sure had me fooled. It looked like the hot sun that day bothered me worse than it did them.

The Piggies are hilarious. They think they will outplay us on the Line of Scrimmage and win. They are annoyed when people say Miss St. is better than them.....hahaha.

Advantages for us in the game.

1. QBs- we have two they have none.

2. Home field advantage

3. Weather - we will handle the heat much better. it get's damn hot in Arkansas too - check this month on accuweather (this and next week as well)

4. Experience - first game of the year. We know how to win. They obviously don't. it's a new year Skippy, it's not automatic an each team has to relearn and gel

3. Coaching - We have a football wizard. They have blubbering clown.

4. Talent - we are loaded with weapons and athletes. We finish in the top 10 in recruiting every year. They do good to finish in the top 25.

Advantages for Arkansas in the game

1. Underdog motivation ???

2. Revenge - the sweet taste that's been enhanced, marinated, and simmering for 9 months

3. Believe in themselves (and yet to be disproven) - Brett is definitely not a GUS, but to get where he is has required (mandated) the ability to motivate, just as it does in ang BIG conference

4. 1st game for both teams

I hope we hang 60 65 on the pork butts

Thank you. There are some on this board that are seriously overlooking arky based off last years performance. It has been proven, and in the not SO distant past I might add, a previous 3-8 season has no bearing on this years outcome. Some on here sound very familiar to what people were saying about our Tigers this time last year.

I believe, like most of you that we should win and there are some advantages like playing at home. However, to over look a team with a taste for revenge is just ignorant especially if their coach can get them to buy in. I think we proved that last year.

Here's to BBQ'd pig because it's going to be hot enough. War Eagle!

It has been proven, and in the not SO distant past I might add, a previous 3-8 season has no bearing on this years outcome. Some on here sound very familiar to what people were saying about our Tigers this time last year.

I believe, like most of you that we should win and there are some advantages like playing at home. However, to over look a team with a taste for revenge is just ignorant especially if their coach can get them to buy in. I think we proved that last year.

Here's to BBQ'd pig because it's going to be hot enough. War Eagle!

I understand and appreciate what you're pointing out, perception and reality can be miles apart when there's emotion involved. However, I would like to remind you that our turnaround last year was engineered by a guy who is light years ahead of Big Bert in terms of scheme and with a team full of talented offensive players that were mostly signed to play in his system. Arkansas has been a bit of a fruit basket turnover in terms of coaching and scheme and their talent simply isn't completely matched to the "normal American football" scheme (or whatever). I believe Bielema will prove to be in way over his head in the SEC. Will he be able to get them to buy in on the "revenge" motivation for every conference game they play this year (LOL)??? That said, I am in violent agreement that there are no automatics in the conference. Gus, Ryan Russell, et al will have our guys ready physically and mentally. If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that there won't be a repeat of what happened the last time we went to the BCSNCG.

There are some on this board that are seriously overlooking arky based off last years performance. It has been proven, and in the not SO distant past I might add, a previous 3-8 season has no bearing on this years outcome. Some on here sound very familiar to what people were saying about our Tigers this time last year.

No, we proved that if you fire the crappy coach who went 3-9 and replace him with one of the best in the business, then you can turn things around. It helps when that coach is returning to lead a roster that resulted from multiple top 10 recruiting classes that he helped build.

None of that applies to Arkansas.

Guess I'm more nervous about this game than most here, but that's just my nature. Ark's run game does have me worried, along with our propensity to start the season slowly. If we try some tricky stuff early and have some 3-and-outs while they play keep away running the ball 5 yards a pop, it could get very interesting. I'm thinking we beat them by 10, with a TD late in the 4th to put it out of reach. This one feels like a Miss State type game to me.

AU's ability to score fast could be huge. If we get up by 14+ it will force them to pass. I like our chances...

Arkansas are going to have to have everything go their way to win. Their game plan is going to be ball control and hopefully win the turnover battle. With Justin Garrett at the Star, the "Rhino" package, and Moncrief at S, I expect our run defense to be much better. Arkansas will have to open it up and throw, especially since they will not be able to slow down our offense, and they have an average QB under center for an opening game on the road against the defending SEC champs. This game has blowout written all over it.

Guess I'm more nervous about this game than most here, but that's just my nature. Ark's run game does have me worried, along with our propensity to start the season slowly. If we try some tricky stuff early and have some 3-and-outs while they play keep away running the ball 5 yards a pop, it could get very interesting. I'm thinking we beat them by 10, with a TD late in the 4th to put it out of reach. This one feels like a Miss State type game to me.

I'm nervous too. This is a game we can lose if we don't bring our best.

I don't see Garrett at Star being any sort of improvement over Therezie. Maybe he'll be as good as RT was at the beginning of last season, maybe not, but he certainly won't be as good as RT was at the end of last year. He doesn't have the experience.

Lawson, Kozan, Holsey, Therezie are known to be out and who knows how many others? Yes, this could be a blowout in Auburn's favor but it could also be a loss.

The heat and humidity is more likely to affect their coach than their team. ;D

LOL, he might fake an ankle injury so he can coach from the box.

The heat and humidity will take an equal toll on both teams. I am more worried about our Defenses abilty to outlast Arkansas's offiense.

Our Defense may be on the field for most of the game. Why? Because our offense is going to be so explosive, I look for us to score a average of every ten plays over the course of the game.

I'm thinking we up our average plays per game from last year ... Gus has publicly said in the past he shot for 85. I think the sec may have softened that a touch ... Looking for 80 per game starting with the first. Our DL rotation and improved LB play works well enough (along with a couple turnovers by army).

So your score per ten ... Means we wallop them 56 - 28 ... But give up some points via the run game

I don't see Garrett at Star being any sort of improvement over Therezie. Maybe he'll be as good as RT was at the beginning of last season, maybe not, but he certainly won't be as good as RT was at the end of last year. He doesn't have the experience.

Lawson, Kozan, Holsey, Therezie are known to be out and who knows how many others? Yes, this could be a blowout in Auburn's favor but it could also be a loss.

Lol.

Lol.

And that's funny how?

I expect to win the game, but it's a bit too soon for us to get this arrogant. Let's at least wait until we string together a few season of 10+ wins.

This time last year we were expecting to waltz through Washington State. How'd that turn out?

(And please spare me the analysis of how different Arkansas and this year is. If we don't play like we mean it, we can get beat.)

Lol.

And that's funny how?

I expect to win the game, but it's a bit too soon for us to get this arrogant. Let's at least wait until we string together a few season of 10+ wins.

This time last year we were expecting to waltz through Washington State. How'd that turn out?

(And please spare me the analysis of how different Arkansas and this year is. If we don't play like we mean it, we can get beat.)

This. What's funny pee pants?

Lol.

And that's funny how?

This. What's funny pee pants?

Ha! I just noticed his name. That's pretty funny. ;D

I don't know about you, but I was not expecting any waltzing against WSU. There was reason for optimism, and I was expecting a victory. That turned out pretty well. Anybody expecting more was pumping sunshine.

There is much more reason for optimism this year. Arkansas should be better than last year, but we should too. Vegas has us a 3 TD favorite, so it is not just AU fans expecting a blowout. We could lose this game, if we are -5 in turnover margin.

Archived