Anyone Know what Chizik tried New?

Texan4Auburn

After the Tenn game I saw the comment by Tuberville that they tried some new stuff on defense and it didn't work but have yet to see anyone mention or do a analysis.

Anyone catch what we did new on defense, besides letting people run the ball lol.

Good to see that, even at 12-0, ravenette is at his usual positive best. :blink:

yeah, we played the safeties closer to the line more than we ever have this year. junior particularly looked lost that close to the line. will was in position most of the time; he just had his worst tackling game maybe ever (which includes so bad games last year). i don't know what was with him, but i trust him to get it together. it was a single bad game, certainly not a pattern. great year for him and junior, but they are used to playing on the line like that. on riggs' run junior didn't read the play at all. he was 6 yards from the line and looked like he didn't have time to react. i don't expect us to stack it up like that against va tech.

our defense just didnt seem to be pumped up for the second half. because they are undersized they play on raw emotion a lot. our crowd did a terrible job of keeping the volume and excitement up. i kept trying to encourage the people behind me to make some noise when tennesee was down in our territory but they just told me that they couldnt see when i stood up. i was so pissed. i hate it when people complain about lack of intensity but then do nothing to get the team pumped up. although tennesee only had about 1/3 of the fans there they made a hell of a lot more noise for most of the game than the auburn crowd. most of the year, our fans have been good about making noise, even on the road, but saturday was truly dissapointing.

Archived